Preview Round 15, 2019: St.Kilda v Richmond - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 30th June, 1:10PM AEST *MADDIES MATCH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Tigers

Votes: 48 75.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Precisely why this is the most important game of 2019 for St Kilda. If we can't put up a good showing for this match. For the match following an embarrassing effort against the Lions, beyond the halfway point with Hanners and Carlisle back in the squad and it being Maddies match. If the team can't muster up a seriously good effort for this game, it's a massive statement on the state of the club.

There's only one acceptable outcome, for every player to play as if it's their last game.
That's a lot of ifs...

Anyone know what’s happening with Jimmy Webster? Thought he would be back by now.

Is Stuv still training and looking to return to the field soon?
Stuv is training fully now. If he isn't in next week will be the week after.

Precisely why this is the most important game of 2019 for St Kilda. If we can't put up a good showing for this match. For the match following an embarrassing effort against the Lions, beyond the halfway point with Hanners and Carlisle back in the squad and it being Maddies match. If the team can't muster up a seriously good effort for this game, it's a massive statement on the state of the club.

There's only one acceptable outcome, for every player to play as if it's their last game.

100% If I was in this team right now I'd be playing my socks off. Big game, good cause...would also be thinking of it as an audition for the new commander.

If he's told the club he wants to play elsewhere next year he should be shelved. I love the guy, but we've gotta do what's best for the team.
?

Last week we had Armitage , Newnes in the team so what ever happens we will be better , as well Hannebery , Carlisle have a bit more match fitness and of course Steele is back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Sunday Richo becomes our second longest serving coach having passed Ross Lyon and Grant Thomas. In that time we've never played finals (assuming we won't be there this year). For me that says it all. Whether you like him or not that stat is damning and should prove his death knell at season end, or sooner.

Alan Jeans - A Premiership and 2 other grand finals.
Ross Lyon - Multiple grand finals.
Grant Thomas - Multiple prelims.
Richo - Sweet FA.

Love him or hate him he's had a fair crack.

On Sunday Richo becomes our second longest serving coach having passed Ross Lyon and Grant Thomas. In that time we've never played finals (assuming we won't be there this year). For me that says it all. Whether you like him or not that stat is damning and should prove his death knell at season end, or sooner.

Alan Jeans - A Premiership and 2 other grand finals.
Ross Lyon - Multiple grand finals.
Grant Thomas - Multiple prelims.
Richo - Sweet FA.

Love him or hate him he's had a fair crack.
Next coach will be getting a good list and plenty of salary cap to get our good mids , so we should be in for a few good years
just hope the coach can give us a entertaining game style

I feel like Hind is going to be a superstar, has that look about him!

Yeah we stuffed up the celebration of his excellent game by losing so abysmally last week.

I just hope they surprise us on Sunday

Well I’m going not expecting a win, which is infinitely more relaxing than going like last week, thinking we’re a great chance....and then getting that result.

Wouldn’t that be nice, to get a star from nowhere.
If you listened to his interview on the podcast, he certainly has the determination to make it. Wilkie too I would imagine.

These guys have busted a gut to make it, no way they’re going to waste their chance when they’ve shown they’re capable of playing at the level.

Throw in our rookie ruck and we may finally have a little luck going our way..

He definitely has the potential too. Knows how to his speed. I do worry about playing him the forward line. I know it hasn't effected him yet. He is defiantly a more natural half back. So far he has looked good as a forward but I do worry what happens when his form goes down. As someone who hasn't played much as a forward its very difficult to maintain the consistency. So yes I do hope we play him at half back or even through the midfield.

Wouldn’t that be nice, to get a star from nowhere.
If you listened to his interview on the podcast, he certainly has the determination to make it. Wilkie too I would imagine.

These guys have busted a gut to make it, no way they’re going to waste their chance when they’ve shown they’re capable of playing at the level.

Throw in our rookie ruck and we may finally have a little luck going our way..
Marshall is just a winner , never gives up , every game the guy has performed against some of the best rucks going around and even double teamed , imagine when he has played a season in the ruck (all up he has played 28 games) best thing about the season so far.

Wilkie was just basically thought of a back up - however the guy was the captain of the SAFL side that won the flag last year so really he was well thought of and boy the guy is about the smartest guy in the back line , as I have said on here before when he gets the ball in the back line it's like the weight coming off your shoulders because you know its going to hit one of our players.

Battle of course is the other guy who has performed exceptionally , he is still 20 and has only played 20 games.

Thats 3 key position players we got hold of cheap and all look to be future 200 game players

Also Parker , Hind , Marsh - they have all shown they can play we just need to see consistency

Must add Max King looks like a ripper in just a few VFL games , we get games into him and we will get results.

How are our crowd attendance figures looking this year compared to past Richo lead years?

Just found them we are the 2nd lowest ranked Vic club behind Nth Melbourne, with an ave of 25k about the same as last year.

2016/2017 we averaged over 30k per home game so thats a significant drop off and loss of revenue $$$. I estimate thats about 2million a year less in gate takings than 16 & 17. HTF has Richardson survived this long?

Last edited:
Don’t mind in’s and out’s. thought white was stiff to miss, I would have left coffield out for him. Would love to see langlands debut but not sure he offers more then hunter at the moment.

How are our crowd attendance figures looking this year compared to past Richo lead years?
We are roughly averaging about the same as last year - just over 25,000.

Last year, home agains against 7 Melbourne clubs. 4 interstate clubs.
This year, home games against 2 Melbourne club, 4 interstate clubs.

So considering we are counting more games with interstate opponents in the crowd numbers, we are doing pretty well. The remaining 4 game games include 3 Melbourne teams (Richmond, Melbourne, Dogs) plus Freo so hopefully Sunday's crowd pulls 40,000+ and then we get solid 32,000+ plus crowds against Dees/Dogs to help those numbers.

It's been a tough draw commercially with game time/opponents/media coverage, but we didn't deserve anything better after last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back