Autopsy Round 15, 2019: St.Kilda v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 5, 2016
Everywhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well if there was any doubt the 2nd half finished that. We are a poorly skilled and very poorly coached team. Switching the ball sagging back 50 metres from the opposition filling our forward line is embarrassing.

If we have any replacements Savage and McKenzie they have been disgraceful today and should be dropped.

Gresham ineffective as a mid and Steele had a poor game.

Marshall is a superstar but cant do it all himself. Acres rucking again is comical.

Sep 25, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Went from run and dare to slow and chip. 7.0 1st half. 3.10 2nd half.

unnamed (36).gif

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
7 straight in the first half
3.10 in the second
Says it all really.
Coff, Clarke, Marshall and Hind were a level above.
Thought most of the forward line was ok in patches.
Dunstan and Hanners looked ok to my eye.
What happened to Acres, Billings and Gresh?
Disappointing but we kick straight and it’s not a contest

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Umpiring was good.

Two different interpretations for HTB depending who has it.

Not 15 unless you are getting tackled then its a mark.

4 times after Saints frees Richmond kicked it away, no 50
Graham hits the ball away from a free in the centre square, no 50.

Excellent

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Umpiring was good.

Two different interpretations for HTB depending who has it.

Not 15 unless you are getting tackled then its a mark.

4 times after Saints frees Richmond kicked it away, no 50
Graham hits the ball away from a free in the centre square, no 50.

Excellent
BTW, Richmond just way too good. But consistency of interpretation would be nice.

Clark, Coff, Long, Hind, Marshall all improving.

Will be better with Steven and Gears back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MrFoster

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Prediction, on current form, we’ll finish 3rd last just above Carlton and Gold Coast.. is that good enough after 6 years? it’s not even good enough after our shocking year last year..

The only question remaining is when to sack Richo.. we need a bit of positivity in the fan group and the playing group.. let them play, instinctive and exciting football.. have someone else in charge for the final month will do wonders.. Will check out of football until that happens, let’s face it, until Richo is moved on.. nothing will change.

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
For the first time we had all the kids in.

Hind, Clark, Coffield, Battle, Marshall & Parker have show us the future isn’t dire. They simply have to be played for the rest of the year.

Add King, Bytel & this years draft/trade and I’m happy.

Just have an empty feeling this year. The last two months have been draining.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Clark’s best game so far . Shows he can play thank god .
No answer going forward in general play . The switch was useless but going down the wing they had us covered easily inside the thin side of the f50.
Plus we have zero crumbers at the moment so there’s the game really .
Unwinnable with that game style

Oct 21, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Regardless of the final score it is a ******* disgrace that this game wasnt on free to air.
2 teams fighting for a top 8 spot + being the Maddi Riewoldt match and the AFL and channel 7 decide to put on an interstate team vs a bottom 3 team. It's like the whole industry dont want Saints to prosper.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Once again a lack of elite mids did us over. Dusty had quiet 36.

We desperately need some classy mids. Just so thar Gresh can play as a small forward, where we also lack class IMO.

Tigers did very well defensively to stifle our entries.

Still not moving the ball on quickly enough to overcome zones. Probably inexperience at this stage.

Good too 7&8 have good games. Keep them in all year thanks.

Marshall is a star. Wow. But needs help.

I can see the logic in the club chasing a decent ruck. Acres should not be relief for Roma.

Depressing stats belong to our mids and the average disposal numbers.

Not Raph Clarke

Debutant
Jul 19, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I’m not as deflated as I thought I would be. I’m just excited about what a new head coach can bring to this young team. Bring on 2020.

Also, Max King is going to make a huge difference to this side moving forward. Just structurally it makes us a much more dynamic side, having two tall utilities in Marshall and King. I’m tipping he will have an immediate impact. His brother has shown enough early, no reason why Max can’t.

Go Saints!

busso_mick

All Australian
Jan 2, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
West Ham
5 goals is not a surprising result considering the form of both teams prior to the game. We did a lot of things right and a lot of things wrong, which is a reflection of our season. Also kicked 70 points which is about our average, our standard deviation for our score would have to be the smallest in the league. At 42 points at half way there was a glimmer of hope we would produce an outlier result. A 3.10 second half and all was back to normal. We have got talent on our list, lets hope for a better run on the injury front and King and Bytel to emerge next year.

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I've been pretty calm after most games this year but this one has done it for me. So fed up with this rubbish.
Who is going to stand up and be a leader at this club? Who is going to be the one to stop the same thing from happening over and over again. The notion that our list is terrible and we are not up to it not right. We are competitive in most games until the opposition throw anything at us and we turn to water. We are devoid of any self-belief to say * it, we're going to stand up. So demoralising watching the same thing happen over and over and over again. It is beyond belief, that when we are two or three goals down in a last qtr, we continue to play slow. Maybe if we had some brilliant defence that meant we hung in there it would make a bit more sense,but we end up turning it over anyway and losing by 5 plus goals. If a slow gameplan is best suited to the list then fine (even if it is incredibly uninspiring), but to remain rigidly clung to it in that circumstance shows how scared of making mistakes we are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back