Game Day Round 15, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s just cut to the chase.

Collingwood put us out of the finals in 79, 81 and 84 and credit to them, but they didn’t win flags in any of those years. We, on the other hand, always have these to remember.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Big game.
Big stage.
BIG FLOPPIN' LIONS TO SMASH THE STUFFING OUT OF THESE PESKY PIES :D

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
:D

Let’s just cut to the chase.

Collingwood put us out of the finals in 79, 81 and 84 and credit to them, but they didn’t win flags in any of those years. We, on the other hand, always have these to remember.

The intensity of the 2002 Grand Final was something else I reckon.

If Fages and the Coaching staff were to get the boys to watch a game for motivation before the finals, that would be the one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Big game.
Big stage.
BIG FLOPPIN' LIONS TO SMASH THE STUFFING OUT OF THESE PESKY PIES :D

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
:D
I just love the way that Sausages gets out of bed on game day, smashes 2 or 3 cones and heads straight to BigFooty. :)

The intensity of the 2002 Grand Final was something else I reckon.

If Fages and the Coaching staff were to get the boys to watch a game for motivation before the finals, that would be the one.
It was a much more attractive brand of football too.

Have 3 tickets to giveaway, can’t get a baby sitter. I’m willing to transfer them to someone elses Ticketmaster account. DM me. Section 76

So Lion's 2:12 heading into half time in 2002 ... our team DNA is pure!

I think you have to give credit to the pies there, I don’t think our boys were expecting that kind of pressure on a wet Melbourne afternoon, I think lethal said in an interview that he was definitely worried when he saw the weather forecast for that day. It was pouring when Lynchy got that free on Wakelin to put us back in front mid 4th quarter and it only just snuck in from 15m out!

I think you have to give credit to the pies there, I don’t think our boys were expecting that kind of pressure on a wet Melbourne afternoon, I think lethal said in an interview that he was definitely worried when he saw the weather forecast for that day. It was pouring when Lynchy got that free on Wakelin to put us back in front mid 4th quarter and it only just snuck in from 15m out!
It was a bitterly cold day and I was so worried the whole game that I didn’t enjoy it like 01 or l03.

Interesting stat re. goal kicking

The 2001 Brisbane and 2005 Sydney premiership outfits were both ranked 15th of 16 teams, going at 57 per cent and 58 per cent respectively. No one has been last.

I’m backing our midfield depth tonight to give us enough opportunities to kick a decent total.

I also think our smaller defenders match up pretty well on their small forwards while our smaller forwards might be too quick and clever for them as long as we don’t allow them to intercept mark too often and pressure their half backs who tend to rack up cheap touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back