Review Round 15, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The glimpses Ah Chee has shown in the last few weeks is interesting. He can bring a lot of stability, and then flashes of brilliance I reckon (in time, of course). The thought of him, Charles, McCarthy and Coleman together is something that could be exciting. I wanted to see his mark in the highlights comp.. but the AFL would rather see Zorko smother with his face, or one of the Pies more tepid goals..

I really enjoy your posts Quigley but you give Ah Chee a serve every week. I reckon he's been really solid all year , has genuine talent and will really improve . Don't see his spot being under any pressure at all.

The rest of it I agree with . Love what Coleman can bring , just that extra bit of bite around the packs. He'll take a lot of confidence out of tonight's game.

I do not rate Ah Chee and I probably do mark him harder than most do as a result. To me he has not delivered anything more than a few guys outside the 22 who have done the work but have not got the chance. He has been playing forward and apart from round 11 he has scored exactly zero goals. He rarely even gets himself into position to have a shot at goal. He is prone to make some really ordinary efforts and despite being billed as a running player he does not get himself into good position to receive much nor are his skills particularly good (they are solid but nothing more than that).

I do not hate him and think he is solidly in that 18-25 list area. I have been frustrated he got games over the likes of Witherden and Answerth early when he played back and now up forward instead of Coleman and Berry Jnr. The backs had done the job before and the latter looked better than Ah Chee in the reserves last year. To me he has been gifted games and delivered less than I would hope the others would. Coleman once he finally got his chance yesterday convincingly outplayed Ah Chee. That pretty much reinforced my position.

McCarthy comes back and a decision needs to be made. We cannot have that many small forwards in our team. Who do you drop? McCarthy is more dangerous, is a better mark and is better defensively. Coleman looked more skilful and dangerous than Ah Chee after one game. Rayner has stepped up and is giving more impact moments this year as well as midfield time. Charlie is Charlie. Mitch plays the hard nut defensive crazy which is a mile away from the game that Ah Chee plays and could be one to make way but I am not seeing that change being a net positive for the side. Zorko, Berry Snr and McCluggage spend time up forward further reducing the opportunity to carry additional small forwards.

Ah Chee has gotten plenty of chances and has been serviceable but I am just not putting him ahead of the other options we have available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The umps officiating this game should be dropped or at least front the media and explain how this was not a free kick or why they judged the incident solely based on the player.

It was mentioned previously, but that explanation from the umpire is ridiculous. He supposedly saw what Robbo supposedly did, and if so, then if what Robbo did deserved a free kick paid against him then pay it (I suspect it did not). That however doesn't give carte blanche for Maynard to do whatever he wants to an unsuspecting player without any ramifications.

100% agree if the roles were reversed, they pay a free kick against Robbo.

That kick from McCluggage had a glimpse of Josh Drummond about it. Flat 40m kick that was perfectly weighted to get over the defender and left the defender no chance of influencing the mark.
Might watch that again 👏🦁

Brisbane v Collingwood
9 Jarryd Lyons (BL)
8 Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
5 Jarrod Berry (BL)
4 Brandon Starcevich (BL)
2 Oscar McInerney (BL)
2 Jack Crisp (COLL)

Lyons BOG and second best for the respective coaches. Interestingly, that means Pendles was BOG for one coach and third best for the other.

M Robbo to get cited for staging;)

Interested to see if the AFL makes issue of Robinson’s raised foot in the marking contest where he collects Maynard and Neale’s contact on Moore.

Would be flabbergasted if anything came of these incidents but with our recent MRP results who knows.

Has the MRP finalised their review of the game?

I can’t find anything
I am interested in the report.
Something happened to Gardiner about 60 meters behind play.
He took some time to get up then some more to get moving again
Luckily the ball kept away from his area for a while until he recovered.

I still think from a team standpoint we'll prefer him there. Moore down back along with Mihoceck and Cox to deal with forced our hand. Unless we moved Lester up the ground because he's a forward.

McStay will be back to the forward line next week. We witnessed how much difference his absence makes when he was suspended. Crucial player up forward for us at the moment. And last night a crucial player down back

Back