Review Round 15, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

M Robbo to get cited for staging;)
Don't laugh, on one of the post match shows, they actually discussed it and replayed it at least half a dozen times discussing the merits of citing him.

The consensus was that he wouldn't be cited, given the Richmond players didn't, but we are talking about a Lions player, the type that Christian targets without issue.

I was very proud of Robbo. The fact that he didn't run in to the scuffle and give away a stupid free kick shows that he's learning to control his aggression. Also loved his angry face at the ump after conceding a very soft free, and not swearing at him. View attachment 953912

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That was a classic example of a free that wouldn't have been paid against most other players. Not only soft but discriminatory.

So Maynard gets cited and fined for instigating a melee and Mitch doesn’t get a free kick? Umpires were disgraceful last night and should be dropped. Club needs to issue a PLEASE EXPLAIN!

So Maynard gets cited and fined for instigating a melee and Mitch doesn’t get a free kick? Umpires were disgraceful last night and should be dropped. Club needs to issue a PLEASE EXPLAIN!
On a side note, how good was it to see the younger guys standing up for Mitch after Mitch has been bodyguard the last couple of years. A sign of maturity as a group.

At the Rayner Draft I was hoping we would select Stephensen and the last couple of years have thought no different but on last nights performances.... I think I was wrong.

Notice how BT actively cheers for Maynard and Carey starts crapping on about whether Brisbane can maintain focus.

What a pair of tools.

At the Rayner Draft I was hoping we would select Stephensen and the last couple of years have thought no different but on last nights performances.... I think I was wrong.

His whole season has been trash. He's an absolute downhill skier. Makes Justin Sherman look like a well-rounded player.

His whole season has been trash. He's an absolute downhill skier. Makes Justin Sherman look like a well-rounded player.

What I love about Rayner is that he doesn't shrink when the game heats up and is on the line. Instead he seems to want to be involved and make the play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll criticise my team any day after a bad performance but you lot are pretenders. Collingwood should have beaten you. 12 day break vs 4 day break. We’ll have Howe, Treloar, De Goey, Sidebottom come finals and will absolutely demolish you. Wouldn’t be so proud of that performance. Considering the above, we competed well.
This has got to be the funniest post I've EVER read, truly hilarious. Thanks mate for the laugh.

Coleman is going to be a very good player. I think anyone who has followed his career since the academy days would have seen some of his talents and looked forward to his debut. He didn’t disappoint.

We will need to be patient with him as he learns the pace of the game and develops physically but he has some great skills and good instincts.

Piece by piece we have become a new team as new players establish themselves. Many are still young but in two or three years are going to be battle hardened and we will be a fearsome opponent.

Fair point, and a trade would be a better option. I just believe we build up Tom F and Ballenden in the off season and give them some games next year to show what they have. Stef is 34 at the end of this year.
I’d leave the decision to Steph, if he wants to go around again let him. We should be challenging again next year If Oscar goes down on the eve of the finals rather a fit Steph than one of our young guys.
Serviceable ruckmen do have a tendency to go to mid 30’s - Hudsen, Sandilands, Mummy Come to mind recently.

I’d leave the decision to Steph, if he wants to go around again let him. We should be challenging again next year If Oscar goes down on the eve of the finals rather a fit Steph than one of our young guys.
Serviceable ruckmen do have a tendency to go to mid 30’s - Hudsen, Sandilands, Mummy Come to mind recently.

Let's get Goldstein for nix!!!!

One interesting thing I saw last night was at quarter time Hudson spent a lot of time talking to Fages, quite animated with lots of gestures and pointing. Almost like he was insistent about getting a message across to Fagan. Hudson then went to the midfielders and then back to Fagan and dominating the conversation for well over a minute. Fages was listening pretty intensely. Something wasn’t right and Hudson seemed pretty determined to make the point.

Good to see when assistant coaches are outspoken and listened to by the head coach.

Live at the ground last night, I thought we were hard done by with the umpiring.

So I just watched the replay and I have changed my mind.

Hard done by is an understatement.

We were absolutely shafted.

So many blatantly obvious frees to us totally ignored but absolutely nothing missed the other way including some inventive HTB's pulled out of the umpires' arses . The one against Oscar near the end of the third quarter gifted them a goal and was nearly as egregious as the one against Lester earlier.

Mitch can't buy a free for firstly a good tackle and then secondly, for being absolutely being poleaxed by WAS*Maynard when he could not have possibly anticipated such contact coming. But he does get pinged for a random "In the Back" free later on when the ball goes over the boundary with he and his opponent obviously engaged in nothing other than a fair contest for the ball :mad:

The only thing that really went our way was late in the last quarter, when Daicos got pinged for a "deliberate" OOB,which in all fairness was just a wrong call.

The umpires should really get a roast for their performance but I suspect as usual, the AFL will "find a way" to justify the horrible decision making

* Weak As Piss

I’ll criticise my team any day after a bad performance but you lot are pretenders. Collingwood should have beaten you. 12 day break vs 4 day break. We’ll have Howe, Treloar, De Goey, Sidebottom come finals and will absolutely demolish you. Wouldn’t be so proud of that performance. Considering the above, we competed well.
1599306553192.png

Hang on i have missed something here. We have 3 lions charged with offences but we don't have one suspension.??????? Someone call the cops,we have got away with something here.

To be fair, the kids putting up more of a fight to win than Collingwood did in the last quarter. Should have run over us with the score we managed. Literally put our ques away and sat back, letting the flail.

I think Collingwood were the slightly better team and we were a bit lucky that they didn't take their opportunities.

Overall the competition is getting better at shutting down our run but we are dealing with it more maturely.

Had a few Pies behind me all night carrying on with some absolute rubbish how hard done by they were, how all Lions fans were bandwagoners, "I'll bet this guy wasn't here 3 years ago when they were rubbish", a bit annoying to hear all night but made the win feel better.

Back