Unofficial Preview Round 15 2020 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
No preview thread up so may as well get it started.

Melbourne have won 4 of their last 5. They've got 5 midfielders who are at the top of their games in Petracca, Viney, Gawn, Oliver and Langdon (the last of whom has really come in the last month) as well as Steven May who is a dominant force at FB now.

Good test against an experienced, in form side but I don't have us as an impossible bet in this. If we bring our intensity again we can trouble Melbourne who are not consistent or reliable yet in my mind.

I'd bring McLean and Brand in for Bell and Melican. McCartin stays at CHB to conslidate from last week, opening a spot for McLean to come in as a permanent forward. I'd go heavy with Aliir in the ruck a la late last year against Gawn to really run him off his feet with Sinclair staying home as a deep forward to make sure we don't lose the structure moving the ball forward. Reid moves up the ground a bit more as a CHF.

Cunningham - Brand - Fox
Lloyd - McCartin - Mills
Florent - Parker - Blakey
Hayward - Reid - Dawson
Papley - Sinclair - McLean
Aliir - Kennedy - Rowbottom

Clarke - Thurlow - McInerney - Wicks

Melbourne are seriously average with their two way running and defensive pressure. Last week with the game on the line they literally just left the corridor unguarded for huge stretches for St Kilda to waltz through. Our guys who like to run will have a field day with all the time and space the Dees will afford them. If there's any match where Stephens and McInerney could both play in, it'll be this one.

I'd like to see:
IN - Stephens, McLean
OUT - Rowbottom, Bell

Sinclair and Aliir to ruck against the BFG, McLean and the decoy forward, McCartin and Melican down back.

Agree about the lack of 2 way running at the Dees. Suspect their selectors will treat us lightly and rest Gawn who has knee and shoulder issues and maybe one or two others.

In: McLean, Stephens

Out: Jayco Caravan (as Foxy called Melican after trailing Dixon) or Reid and Bell or Clarke.

Have jpk on the bench for centre clearances and then tag Viney. Decoy lead to the wings when we are rebounding through the corridor.

Club fines for the KPFs when they do not achieve separation and mids bombing will nilly

Bell, Melican out
Whoever is showing a bit in the scratch matches.
if we don’t see Gould I’m sensing another Tim Membrey situation and it’s completely needless in this instance.

With the Hawks furiously tanking, Pick 3 is in jeopardy.

Out: Parker, Rowbottom, Lloyd, Papley, Mills, McCartin (rested)
In: Cox, Stevie J, Horse, the team doc & the bloke selling footy records

Just bring Taylor and Grey back lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the Hawks furiously tanking, Pick 3 is in jeopardy.

Out: Parker, Rowbottom, Lloyd, Papley, Mills, McCartin (rested)
In: Cox, Stevie J, Horse, the team doc & the bloke selling footy records

cox would be a nice inclusion,

I can’t see us winning another game with the games ahead.
Hawks % is plummeting as part of their epic, brazen, soulless tank.

We could lose every game & still rise up the ladder.

As for this week - it’s the kind of game that the hapless Demons tend to stuff up with monotonous regularity.

We’re a sneaky chance, if we don’t decide to rest key players.

Hawks % is plummeting as part of their epic, brazen, soulless tank.

We could lose every game & still rise up the ladder.

As for this week - it’s the kind of game that the hapless Demons tend to stuff up with monotonous regularity.

We’re a sneaky chance, if we don’t decide to rest key players.

Melbourne if they are half decent should see this week as a bit of a percentage booster unfortunately for us.

Melbourne if they are half decent should see this week as a bit of a percentage booster unfortunately for us.
Big IF imo.
Melbourne are not that good, but we're definitely worse.
If we stay in the game for the first half I think they'll get scared.

Big IF imo.

Would be so peak Melbourne that is for sure

Big IF imo.
Melbourne besides poor performances against the Bulldogs and the Power have been very competitive in most games this year. They have beaten two teams in the 8 so they aren’t relying on beating up the bottom teams to make the 8.

However it’s those two losses which leaves the door open for them not to turn up.

If the Swans play with the same intensity as they did in the third quarter against Port we are genuine chance of causing an upset.

Melbourne besides poor performances against the Bulldogs and the Power have been very competitive in most games this year. They have beaten two teams in the 8 so they aren’t relying on beating up the bottom teams to make the 8.

However it’s those two losses which leaves the door open for them not to turn up.

If the Swans play with the same intensity as they did in the third quarter against Port we are genuine chance of causing an upset.
They are clearly the better side, but imo, are weak as piss. Lucky to beat St Kilda and beat up teams worse than themselves.
We are worse but are not as weak, so if we can stay in the fight and not get blown away, Melbourne can definitely lose it for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back