Review Round 15, 2021 - Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing better than beating those grubs. Thought we might get sucked into it in the 2nd quarter, but good maturity to stick to our game and in the end completely outclassed them across the ground.

Zorko magnificent return best on. Adams completely pocketed Hawkins

Relentless. Beat a team that’s had the wood on us for the best part of a decade, redemption for that s**t loss earlier in the year, and we took 3rd on the ladder off them.

Neale, Zorks, Dev, Adams and Big O for mine.

Big O, Adams, Dev, Rich and Zorko

many many players stood up and had their moments of brilliace. But I think the 6th best player should be Z. Defence. Zone played a great game all night ;)

I loved that we worked our aggression up when they wanted it too and then when they couldn't continue the pressure we just kept ours up. It went a bit slow in the 2nd half but we kept the momentum

Special mention to our whole defensive unit. Sucks, but Payne in works better. As well as Madden too I think.

Nothing better than beating those grubs. Thought we might get sucked into it in the 2nd quarter, but good maturity to stick to our game and in the end completely outclassed them across the ground.

Zorko magnificent return best on. Adams completely pocketed Hawkins
Zorko was great but that’s the best game O has played.

Pardon the intrusion. First of all congratulations on an awesome win. I think the lesson of today is that the Lions have exposed Geelong to be a predictable and old side, but most of all a very slow team in a wide footy ground. Geelong are good at home but in a real ground like the Gabba or MCG they are slow. Thank you Brisbane Lions for exposing the Cats. Great win! Enjoy!!!

Fantastic game !!!!!

That's a really well balanced backline - Andrews, Adams, Payne, Madden, Rich, Starcevich. Need to stick with this one going forward.

Dev played another fantastic game, kept Selwood quiet and kept going from contest to contest. Rising star !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive game. So impressed by that effort and gives a good chance at maybe top 2.

Votes went for:
Zorko huge effort all night. Tackling effort was fantastic
Oscar. Great effort in the ruck think he set us up in the middle
Dev. Great tagging effort completely shut Selwood out. Think he is flying under the radar in terms of rising stars
Rich. Complete general downback. Sets up everything and amazed teams don't tag him
Then special mention to Adams. I have been regularly critical of him but he was great tonight. Somehow he is the perfect matchup for Hawkins

I know that the pressure up front and midfield make it easier but the whole defence stood up massively tonight. Geelong have a great forward line and they gave them nothing tonight. Really impressed how we held them out

Back