Preview Round 15, 2021: Giants v Hawks, MCG, 1.10pm Sunday 27th June

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Cousins played better than Newcombe and Bramble, but those two are just starting out their careers. We know what Cousins is capable of. He’s been on the list for five seasons. Newcombe and Bramble need to adjust to the speed of the game at AFL level. Keeping them in the team for the next month would be ideal.
I thought cousins effectiveness was really poor and I don’t know how but disposal has gone backwards - I think we mismanaged his confidence but in all fairness the best thing for him is to go to a new club and have a fresh start, there is something to work with if it eventually clicks for him

I thought cousins effectiveness was really poor and I don’t know how but disposal has gone backwards - I think we mismanaged his confidence but in all fairness the best thing for him is to go to a new club and have a fresh start, there is something to work with if it eventually clicks for him
With Newcombe coming in, and likely 2-3 quality midfielder prospect from the draft (at 2, 21 and 23), wonder where that puts cousins longer term

If he hasn't been able to crack the midfield to now, its only going to get tougher

Does Duke hold his spot this week?
I think he might have been saved by cousins although he had a solid game he was really poor by foot even by his standards.

One if those 2 might have to make way for Worpel but unless Finn is ready for another game I'd like Duke to stay in the side.

Bramble should get another game wasn't our worst.

I'd like Reeves to come back in for Cegs or the skip if he needs a rest.

IN
Reeves has to play did nothing wrong in his few games. We got mauled by a 20y.o and beaten in hitouts. Reeves plays!

-Duke was poor in his 2nd game up, Given his debut and strong Boxhill performances he gets another crack
-Cousins did some nice things in that last quarter although i would still put him in the unreliable catoergy with the some of our other midfielders.

Clarko has already said Duke will play v the Giants. Get the impression they're trying to fast track him.

Not gonna lie, absolutely love the joined faith of the club behind Jai.

Would love to just hear some of the wraps on him behind closed doors.

IN
Reeves has to play did nothing wrong in his few games. We got mauled by a 20y.o and beaten in hitouts. Reeves plays!

-Duke was poor in his 2nd game up, Given his debut and strong Boxhill performances he gets another crack
-Cousins did some nice things in that last quarter although i would still put him in the unreliable catoergy with the some of our other midfielders.

The scum reserves ruck had the better of reaves, just to temper expectations.

The scum reserves ruck had the better of reaves, just to temper expectations.
Reeves had more hit outs, more effective taps as well. Phillips did beat him around the ground though.

I don’t think anyone is expecting Reeves to dominate around the ground but his tapwork is light years ahead of cegs and is only going to get better.

I’m personally happy to have Reeves beaten around the ground if he can give our mids first use with his tapwork.

Reeves had more hit outs, more effective taps as well. Phillips did beat him around the ground though.

I don’t think anyone is expecting Reeves to dominate around the ground but his tapwork is light years ahead of cegs and is only going to get better.

I’m personally happy to have Reeves beaten around the ground if he can give our mids first use with his tapwork.
Agree with all of this.

I also feel our mids have looked at least a little better with Reeves in there (w/ the exception of the Swans game).

Interesting that a young player with obvious limitations that we already have a lot of on the list gets a guaranteed automatic selection for a certain amount of games, while a player with bigger upside playing a position that is a death trap in the VFL that we're crying out for in the 1sts is not given this free ride og guaranteed games.

And there are some who believe there aren't favourites.

Interesting that a young player with obvious limitations that we already have a lot of on the list gets a guaranteed automatic selection for a certain amount of games, while a player with bigger upside playing a position that is a death trap in the VFL that we're crying out for in the 1sts is not given this free ride og guaranteed games.

And there are some who believe there aren't favourites.

Rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy selections this week

Hartigan for Burgoyne (sub) nursed to 400
Newcombe for Worpell. Jai has had a taste
Cegs for Reeves. Should have happen for the Bombers game

Caught some of the BH game and thought that DGB was likely for a game or 2 before the end of the year but will be a TOG of about 40% as his petrol tickets are non existent.
Finn should be given an opportunity again sooner rather than later when Shiels is “managed”.
Jekka and Callow... until they can run all day are unlikely to get a look in unless we move Kosi to CHF and I’m pretty sure that won’t happen.

I think we will be looking to structure up taller against the giants as we will get killed with the high ball coming inside 50 with what we ran out against the Bombers.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we ended up dropping someone like Moore or Bramble to fit in Lewis.

It’s decision time for a bunch of players now and we generally bring the sub into the 22 the week after they’re named as one, so I think Nash comes in this week for one more look at him.

It’s decision time for a bunch of players now and we generally bring the sub into the 22 the week after they’re named as one, so I think Nash comes in this week for one more look at him.

I can't wait for people to see this

Yes his disposal by foot is not so good but his handballs under pressure often go to the opposition.

This 100% I really have never understood the love for Cousins he tends to butcher the ball whenever he has it and has no defensive side to his game. This really has a negative effect on how our midfield functions as a group and puts pressure on our backline with every turnover.

As for changes this week:
Out - Cousins, Celgar/BB

in - Worpel, Reeves

Howe has been cited by the AFL, so Worpal could replace him

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back