Preview Round 15, 2021: Giants v Hawks, MCG, 1.10pm Sunday 27th June

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiels played a defensive role on Zach Merret
If this is the case this is even more of a call to have him dropped, Zerret was incredibly damaging and even with having a player sit on him was able to have 27 disposals, I think behind Stringer he was their most damaging mid.

If this is the case this is even more of a call to have him dropped, Zerret was incredibly damaging and even with having a player sit on him was able to have 27 disposals, I think behind Stringer he was their most damaging mid.
He wasn't though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Clarko and Burgoyne have agreed that he won't be dropped as long as he retires immediately after his 400th. His is one of the saddest ends I have seen. Can't keep his feet, can't impact at all.
In - Worps and Reeves - it will be good for him to get roughed up by Big Mummy.
Out - Cousins and one of Ceglar (dropped) or BB (managed).
Newcome and Shiels very lucky. I would be happy for Finn to replace one of them.
DGB will be sore and can come in next month. I am not a fan of Hartigan but reckon he might come in for TOB, or CJ if injured.

I think Burgoynes experience has been incredibly good for our defensive setup and the younger guys but he is definitely struggling a bit. Wasn't the worst on the weekend but is off his best.

For changes, O'Brien and Ceglar go out and Cousins probably the unlucky one to go for Worpel to return. Reeves back in and I'd be looking at Callow or Jeka as a marking tall. I'd say DGB but I think we'll give him another week or two just to get his match fitness back after missing a large chunk of matches.

Hopefully Clarko and Burgoyne have agreed that he won't be dropped as long as he retires immediately after his 400th. His is one of the saddest ends I have seen. Can't keep his feet, can't impact at all.
In - Worps and Reeves - it will be good for him to get roughed up by Big Mummy.
Out - Cousins and one of Ceglar (dropped) or BB (managed).
Newcome and Shiels very lucky. I would be happy for Finn to replace one of them.
DGB will be sore and can come in next month. I am not a fan of Hartigan but reckon he might come in for TOB, or CJ if injured.

Did you miss his run down tackle ?

He is well above our 22nd best player. And we have nobidea the impact he has with our backline in on field coaching.

I know Cousins played better than Newcombe and Bramble, but those two are just starting out their careers. We know what Cousins is capable of. He’s been on the list for five seasons. Newcombe and Bramble need to adjust to the speed of the game at AFL level. Keeping them in the team for the next month would be ideal.

Lewis in for TO
Reeves in for Cegs
Worps in for Cousins/Shiels
Hartigan in for CJ (assuming he is injured)

Man, personally, I think we've seen enough of a forward line consisting of both a resting ruck and Lewis. It just doesn't work. The past fortnight has been the best our forward lines operated. We've actually managed to hit up leading forwards.

Lewis needs to start rucking at Box Hill, but also, Big Boy is an issue in 2022 as Reeves takes the number 1 option.

Jeka can replicate the roaming role of O'Brien.

Duke may have only been credited with 3 tackles this week but he definitely went in well more than that. He also chased hard and made contact on players whenever he had the chance. He wasn't getting stats for any of that but that pressure and physicality is otherwise lacking from our midfield. I'd be giving him another week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back