Preview Round 15, 2021: Giants v Hawks, MCG, 1.10pm Sunday 27th June

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just find it interesting that given the high level of focus on concussions at the moment the club decided to go down the sparring pathway.

And given they did were appropriate safeguard put in place?

Also like I said previously I found Clarko's response to this injury to be on the flippant side given how serious it clearly was (missing 3 weeks with concussion is no laughing matter).

I am not pushing for anything, just raising my own observations that I don't think this is finished with.

I don't follow Gold Coast, I follow Hawthorn so naturally I am more concerned with what happens at our club to our players.
Next thing you know, you won't be able to train like this anymore.

Attachments

• Head Training.gif
    Head Training.gif
    7.8 MB · Views: 73
The key difference their being a drill for an action (tackling) that is part of a players job.

Whereas boxing is not something they are expected to do in the course of a game / be proficient in.

It would be like if you asked a MMA fighter to do a downhill slalom ski as part of their training regime and he ends ups breaking his leg because he has no idea how to ski.

Very risky in my opinion. Stick to training them how to play football and leave boxing to the professionals.
Either is weightlifting

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oliver’s had his opportunities this year but 10 total tackles in the 8 games he’s played in this year isn’t good enough. This includes 3 games of 0 tackles. Average player who doesn’t put enough pressure on at the elite level. Think he will be delisted this off season.

Oliver’s had his opportunities this year but 10 total tackles in the 8 games he’s played in this year isn’t good enough. This includes 3 games of 0 tackles. Average player who doesn’t put enough pressure on at the elite level. Think he will be delisted this off season.
Hartigan has played 10 games for 6 tackles.... And he's a backman. Just saying..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I got out of this was that Newcombe almost has more tackles than both Hartigan and Ollie combined in his 2 games played 😂

He got shafted out of a few tackles on the weekend too. Im sure I saw 6 or 7.

Would love to know how they are measured. When GAJ got 19 he was 2nd man in 3 or 4 times and had a couple of tackles where his opponent was already out of bounds counted.

Would love to know how they are measured. When GAJ got 19 he was 2nd man in 3 or 4 times and had a couple of tackles where his opponent was already out of bounds counted.

its basically meant to be when u tackle someone and the ball is stripped, there is a stoppage, the player being tackled turns the ball over or doesn't get a clean possession off to a teamate

so essentially u could have a half-tackle on a player who get their arms free, and as they get dragged down if they got a handball off to a teammate it's not counted as a tackle, however if someone from the tackling team happens to run by and intercepts it, even if its the exact same tackle, it would be counted as one

I'm not 100% this is all of the permutations but anyway that's as far as I know

common sense comes into it at some point though

I have to say I am amused by the GWS board whingeing about a home game being moved after last year. We were moved all over the country including playing home games interstate and a home game against Adelaide in Adelaide. The team that was most affected by the hubs and yet here we are a game has been moved to the MCG and the only reason the rest of the league isn't up in arms is that we are 17th
That's a lot of posts for four guys to make in all their accounts, so cut them some slack.

Tbf I thought Newcombe had a few against Swans that shouldn't have counted either haha

Incorrect.

He was the emergency, although didn't get on. A team is 23 players.

I'd make the changes as above and re-jig the emergency.
That’s cheating
Clarko has already said Duke will play v the Giants. Get the impression they're trying to fast track him.
Yep - “he’ll do better against the Giants next week” in his post match presser

Tbf I thought Newcombe had a few against Swans that shouldn't have counted either haha
ALl of newcombes counted tackled were legit tackles (there were some he laid that weren't counted or it would have* been higher.) They count tackles if the ball doesn't come out, or if the disposal was affected.

*Note: this is English for "would of"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back