Preview Round 15, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Gold Coast Suns @ Blundstone Arena | Saturday, June 26 @ 1:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Oooh...

This makes the crowd, against a team we're actually being rated against, much more interesting.

You're not suggesting masses of people on the Tuesday before the game are suddenly going to book flights or Spirit tickets and accommodation to head down to watch us play a franchise the next next weekend?

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

shinboner spiggs

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Jazz, West Indies
Also, re Tommy Powell being 'managed' out.

I think winning culture is as key a development tool as any. Clearly we're a big chance this week and I'd like to see TP a part of it.
His tackling and accountability allows Cunnington, Thomas and LDU to be more free. We need Powell (and Jed) otherwise we will leak like a sieve, see earlier in the season.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Larkey hasnt had a fellow tall next to him, or near him all year. As soon as he gets one, he kicks 5 in two weeks and looks markedly better in his role.

Yes Zurhaar has also helped, but Larkey 100% needs another big bodied tall to assist, which he has got in Xerri, and will have in either Comben or Edwards moving forward.

X also brings a bit of mongrel and physicality, just ask Mitch Robinson.....was hilarious.

1624330655148.png

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A 1 person avalanche you reckon?
1 down, 10,000 to go.

In all seriousness though the Tasmanian crowd dramas have been some interesting byplay this year. I'm genuinely curious to see how many non-tassie members make a trip for what may be our best chance of a win for the rest of the year. Even though the opponent is unpopular we might also see more tasmanian members attending now that dark mofo etc is over.

I doubt it's going to be a good crowd, but all the same I find the Tasmania stuff fascinating.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
1 down, 10,000 to go.

In all seriousness though the Tasmanian crowd dramas have been some interesting byplay this year. I'm genuinely curious to see how many non-tassie members make a trip for what may be our best chance of a win for the rest of the year. Even though the opponent is unpopular we might also see more tasmanian members attending now that dark mofo etc is over.

I doubt it's going to be a good crowd, but all the same I find the Tasmania stuff fascinating.

I can't see it.

Can't imagine there's many Victorian supports i) motivated enough and ii) with the means - to at 5 days notice organise all the logistics associated with a trip to Tasmania to watch the deadest of dead rubbers being played by 2 clubs firmly in the cellar.

As for Tasmanian supporters yeh we'll see. Can't see why their numbers would significantly fluctuate this week.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I can't see it.

Can't imagine there's many Victorian supports i) motivated enough and ii) with the means - to at 5 days notice organise all the logistics associated with a trip to Tasmania to watch the deadest of dead rubbers being played by 2 clubs firmly in the cellar.

As for Tasmanian supporters yeh we'll see. Can't see why their numbers would significantly fluctuate this week.
Dark mofo and a fairly popular concert were on that time. With us playing against a team no one rated us against it's not that hard to see how attending the football fell down the pecking order.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Dark mofo and a fairly popular concert were on that time. With us playing against a team no one rated us against it's not that hard to see how attending the football fell down the pecking order.

Oh sweet Devington.

Yes of course, it was the competing events that throttled our crowd numbers in the Apple Isle.

Bless you son. Ever the optimist.

I'm genuinely curious to see how many non-tassie members make a trip for what may be our best chance of a win for the rest of the year.
Anyone on here actually up for this as a day trip? around $240 pp return in airfares. Leaving Melb airport at 7ish and getting back around 10pm Saturday.

Sep 21, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Man, you are a Shinboner.

The club should recognise travelling members with something like a membership discount or vouchers etc and the more you travel the sweeter the recognition.

It's a fair effort considering time and COST.

I just want to get out of this s**t hole state for a weekend. North Melb playing and a decent chance for a win is just a bonus.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Don’t know if we have enough leadership across the ground who know how to win. We know how to be really competitive now, just need to develop that hard edge that gets the result.
Huh?

If there's one area we trump them in, it's leadership. Goldy, Jack, Cunners, Taz, Ats, have all been around for 10+ years. Plus LMac and Dumont..

Who does GC have? Miller, Swallow, Witts....Harbrow.... gets thin after that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back