Preview Round 15, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Gold Coast Suns @ Blundstone Arena | Saturday, June 26 @ 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Competitive game. Did not handle the wet game well. There was no shift in game play. Was the same tactics with a wet greasy ball. Continued improvement and all in all a positive amongst massive room for improvement.

Simpkin massive.
Was given praise from Neale. More experience from this young group will state the obvious.

Phillips and Ford could easily come in next week. Phillips in particular needs to, has a bit on Rowell and Anderson and would probably like to put on a show.

They should regain Collins but will lose Weller and Swallow.

INJURIES
Gold Coast: Collins (ankle, replaced in selected side by Graham); Swallow (concussion); Weller (hamstring)

Who goes out?

I think it might be Powell's turn for a go in the VFL to bring in Phillips. Ford is a different story but I could see Walker or Xerri losing a spot regardless.

I will clarify I think Ford is a pipe dream in but if he's going to get a game this season a fellow cellar dweller is an "ease-in" option.

I think it might be Powell's turn for a go in the VFL to bring in Phillips. Ford is a different story but I could see Walker or Xerri losing a spot regardless.

I will clarify I think Ford is a pipe dream in but if he's going to get a game this season a fellow cellar dweller is an "ease-in" option.
Unless he's starting to be getting sore from competing against the bigger bodies I wouldn't be pulling the trigger on Powell. He's not getting crazy stats but still having an impact.

Xerri is no where near it at the moment. He can huff n puff all the likes. I’d give him one more to be fair. A fair honest crack before its time to go back to the scoobs and do what you are asked.

Ford would have to come in for a like for like player? I mean Ive rated Mahonys out put but maybe for Jack?

I would like to see elvis come in. Powelly could do with a spell, he wasn’t poor. He did good things, he is young so maybe a spell would do him wonders?

is polec available next week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless he's starting to be getting sore from competing against the bigger bodies I wouldn't be pulling the trigger on Powell. He's not getting crazy stats but still having an impact.

Yeah, I'm not calling for his head but this week feels like a good opportunity for Phillips. I just can't see who else will be dropped to bring him in. And Powell may relish a chance to accumulate a level down.

Xerri is no where near it at the moment. He can huff n puff all the likes. I’d give him one more to be fair. A fair honest crack before its time to go back to the scoobs and do what you are asked.

Ford would have to come in for a like for like player? I mean Ive rated Mahonys out put but maybe for Jack?

I would like to see elvis come in. Powelly could do with a spell, he wasn’t poor. He did good things, he is young so maybe a spell would do him wonders?

Yeah, Polec not far off either.

Maybe can't even rule out some management moves based on errors this week... Stevo for example for those late soft efforts. Not that I can see that happening but the list is starting to rejuvenate from injury, some who have been coursing a bit may not make the cut if Noble wants to shoot out some messages. Just spitballing of course.

Yeah, I'm not calling for his head but this week feels like a good opportunity for Phillips. I just can't see who else will be dropped to bring him in. And Powell may relish a chance to accumulate a level down.
Fair enough. Personally I'd be OK with Phillips continuing on in the VFL while his tank improves. Great game today but IMO playing almost purely as an inside mid in the VFL will be better for him than 1 quarter in the middle and 2 at half forward in the seniors.

Yeah, Polec not far off either.

Maybe can't even rule out some management moves based on errors this week... Stevo for example for those late soft efforts. Not that I can see that happening but the list is starting to rejuvenate from injury, some who have been coursing a bit may not make the cut if Noble wants to shoot out some messages. Just spitballing of course.
Interesting call to drop Stevo. He hasnt played in a win this year and busted his guts for hundreds of minutes of footy. Probably can excuse the poor couple of late attempts in my opinion. Wouldnt drop him unless we see a pattern occur.

The call of powell for phillips is solid. Plausible Bailes for Ford. I’d like to see Eddie play this year

Yep, X gets another week then after that its horses for courses. If Campbell is playing like he played today he will come in.

Id have no issue giving Powell a spell, but not sure GC is the week to do it. He could genuinely fill his boots. Not sure who, if any should be dropped. Backline was solid, midfield all had their moments but were overran by a bigger fitter mob and the forwards had a crack. If Jed was playing we probably win that today.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting call to drop Stevo. He hasnt played in a win this year and busted his guts for hundreds of minutes of footy. Probably can excuse the poor couple of late attempts in my opinion. Wouldnt drop him unless we see a pattern occur.

The call of powell for phillips is solid. Plausible Bailes for Ford. I’d like to see Eddie play this year

If it’s decided that Powell needs a rest, all good. However, on every single measure, he performed better than Stevo today. Equally, I don’t want Stevo dropped either. Obviously, he needs a few stern words on the back of some of today’s efforts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Saving a goal from ziebels monstrosity of an inside pass was just one of the little things he continually does. Blokes in his first season. Of course he is going to have a few mixed bags.

I’d be pencilling in a win here if I was North to prove that we are on the right track and we’ve learnt our lessons from the first half of this season.

The time for being acceptable of honourable losses and learning some things for the long term can be shelved; frankly they’re excuses against a team as poor as this on a ground they don’t do well in, which we are now playing for a 3rd consecutive week and we’ve come close to a win on it twice and the VFL team came off an inspiring win against the seniors’ loss. If you really think about it, there’s not much excuse here.

Powell does need a rest I think and Phillips deserves a game. That’s about the only change that stands out.

Genuinely not calling to drop Stevo, he's a personal favourite and a random example but as the weeks go on with more blokes becoming available we've not yet seen Noble with options. It'll be interesting to see what rules him as a coach with opportunity to send blokes back for not following instruction or playing to expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back