Preview Round 15, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Gold Coast Suns @ Blundstone Arena | Saturday, June 26 @ 1:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinboner spiggs

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Jazz, West Indies
Huh?

If there's one area we trump them in, it's leadership. Goldy, Jack, Cunners, Taz, Ats, have all been around for 10+ years. Plus LMac and Dumont..

Who does GC have? Miller, Swallow, Witts....Harbrow.... gets thin after that..
Majority of our group only know losing. It’s shown over our last two games, will take time to get the know how to win.

Woolly Mammoth

Shinboner 'til I die
Sep 8, 2013
Terra Australis
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bengals, Lakers, Renegades, The Milk
I mean... are they capable of being fired up? I don't want to be too much of a dick but if they haven't been able to extract the digit with all the internal screaming that must have occurred the last few months, then I'm not sure why some external noise would make an iota of a difference.
I think them coming out and making some sort of statement against a team like Port was always unlikely, and the external noise has now reached a crescendo where people are now not even bothering to sugarcoat it and are coming right out and saying their club is so shitful it should shut up shop and let Tasmania take their place, they will be desperate for any kind of win and will likely see a win against us as getable, and they also belted us to the tune of 10 goals earlier this year, so I think this is a good exercise in not taking any team to lightly for this modern incarnation of our club

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Majority of our group only know losing. It’s shown over our last two games, will take time to get the know how to win.
If we are ever going to start knowing how to win, we won't get a better opportunity than this week.

Also, GC don't exactly know how to win in the back half of seasons. Their recent record is deplorable.

Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 11.26.06 PM (2).png

Yeah, so I was looking at AFL tables to see exactly what our shithouse record was against this mob and no surprises that it sits at 7 wins 7 losses.

What I did find interesting was the sequence of those wins and losses: 3 wins followed by 3 losses, then 2 wins 2 losses, 2 wins 2 losses.

Time to load up $$$ :thumbsu:

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Those ****s are really throwing down the tanking gauntlet.

Fine. We'll drop Dumont and Stephenson.

Your move, franchise.

Might be some creative coaching this week if Rawlings has already picked out a special pet name for Jason Horne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back