Preview Round 15, 2021: Richmond v St.Kilda - MCG, Friday 25th June, 7:50PM AEST *CONNOLLY DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 39 69.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 17 30.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Billings has been playing with injections due to a foot injury, has twisted his knee at training but is expected to be fit to play tomorrow! OK, we all know about our players being injured and not available this year but I really do question the wisdom of players having to be jabbed to play, especially for a foot injury. Wasn't Billings having to be jabbed reported when Marshall first went down with his plantar fascia? That was months ago. Has it really done either Jack or the team any good?

Trying to drive down his trade value?

Should win the ruck battle surely. Lets see what the midfielders do.

Ryder hasn't been quite as dominant lately, it will be interesting to see if Marshall gives him a boost.

So Billings has been playing with injections due to a foot injury, has twisted his knee at training but is expected to be fit to play tomorrow! OK, we all know about our players being injured and not available this year but I really do question the wisdom of players having to be jabbed to play, especially for a foot injury. Wasn't Billings having to be jabbed reported when Marshall first went down with his plantar fascia? That was months ago. Has it really done either Jack or the team any good?

No it doesn't do them any good.
But if they have an injury that hurts , but is not likely to get worse , then the jab makes it hurt less when they play.
Normally the doc would be involved.

Apparently JB first noticed the plantar fascia issue back in early Jan........received a jab pre game in one of the earlier games.....then it snapped in the pre game warm up against Richmond.

We love things in two's......2 broken legs within the space of 6 weeks and 2 cases(that we know of) of plantar fascia.

I mean.....what are the odds ?????

The footy gods are touching us up....with interest !!!!!!

Trying to drive down his trade value?
Strange he has not re-signed yet , I thought he might of after the bye - doesn't look good for him staying.
He is a good young player who rarely misses a game and the type of player who we need to keep.
If we do lose him as a free agent I just hope we get value for him.
Swap for Bolton

No it doesn't do them any good.
But if they have an injury that hurts , but is not likely to get worse , then the jab makes it hurt less when they play.
Normally the doc would be involved.
Yep I understand that but question how useful it is in the longer term. Almost certainly it would limit Jack's ability to compete with 100% effectiveness and no doubt players can do that for a few games, but this isn't at the pointy end of the season and if we were then it might be necessary. But from early in the season?

If his foot is so sore it requires painkillers how is it going to get better by continuing to play?

If we had a full list would he be rested?

If we are playing him because of our thin list, isn't that more likely to be an act of desperation than considered medical advice?

Does Jack earn brownie points from his teammates for the courage in playing under this degree of duress, or does the team look at this in the opposite light - we are so desperate that we'll sacrifice our players well-being - that is, a mercenary approach?

Obviously I don't know the answers and would like to believe all the right things are being done, but in this shocking season its important to look at factors for our very poor "effort," which is a euphemism for loss of morale.

Didnt uma and alicia make out in that batman movie??

No?

Couldve sworn that happened
OK........

Hmmmmm
Uma and Alica "Might" make out.
Saints "might " have an honorable loss.

7Flix has it.

Also available in the timeslot...
Miss Congeniality.
Womens State or Origin.
Romeo and Juliet on the ABC but which version.
"The world's most beautiful railway" on SBS.
Repeats of "The Office " and "South Park"
The old animated "Watership Down"

Its no easy decision.

So the Tigers are bringing in some child ruckman to experiment against us? It's one thing for their crew of bandwagoning fans to take the piss but it appears their coaches think we are a joke aswell.

Can our players please just pull their digits out this week and go bloody hard. Yes yes the Tigers are so amazing but their tall set up is crap this week, our midfield needs to show up and actually compete for four quarters. I'm sick of this bunch of fairweather f'wits, I saw a book in the op shop the other day "How Richmond's 2017 Premiership Can Save Australia" my god, I was tempted to buy it and use as firelighters back home but didn't want the stench of such s**t even in my fireplace.

Last I checked Richmond are 8th, there is pressure on them too or at least there will be if we SHOW UP FFS.

Yep I understand that but question how useful it is in the longer term. Almost certainly it would limit Jack's ability to compete with 100% effectiveness and no doubt players can do that for a few games, but this isn't at the pointy end of the season and if we were then it might be necessary. But from early in the season?

If his foot is so sore it requires painkillers how is it going to get better by continuing to play?

If we had a full list would he be rested?

If we are playing him because of our thin list, isn't that more likely to be an act of desperation than considered medical advice?

Does Jack earn brownie points from his teammates for the courage in playing under this degree of duress, or does the team look at this in the opposite light - we are so desperate that we'll sacrifice our players well-being - that is, a mercenary approach?

Obviously I don't know the answers and would like to believe all the right things are being done, but in this shocking season its important to look at factors for our very poor "effort," which is a euphemism for loss of morale.

This is interesting a humorous.

Ryder hasn't been quite as dominant lately, it will be interesting to see if Marshall gives him a boost.
Agree, he is still very competitive though and could do with a few more marks and a couple more goals. Cant see Marshall playing any more than 60-70 minutes but I am sure it will help Ryder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK........

Hmmmmm
Uma and Alica "Might" make out.
Saints "might " have an honorable loss.

7Flix has it.

Also available in the timeslot...
Miss Congeniality.
Womens State or Origin.
Romeo and Juliet on the ABC but which version.
"The world's most beautiful railway" on SBS.
Repeats of "The Office " and "South Park"
The old animated "Watership Down"

Its no easy decision.

Lock in the world's most beautiful railway for me, should be ready to switch over by about quarter time.

Plantar Fasciitis sucks balls. Had it a year ago while I was trying to go back playing footy (Masters) again. Because my hamstrings/calves/achilles were tighter than a ratchet strap on a Bunnings courtesy trailer plus getting in and out of trucks all day I ended up with Plantar Fasciitis. Being too old and too fat didn't help either. Took months to get rid of it.

Didnt uma and alicia make out in that batman movie??

No?

Couldve sworn that happened

I'm pretty sure my head would have exploded if that happened.

Gee I hope nobody face massages Trent Cocktown this week and get themsleves a $1000 fine for misconduct.

It's open slather now that warrior Joel has shown how the best do it.

So the Tigers are bringing in some child ruckman to experiment against us?

We've seen that a bit this year:

R1 - Matt Flynn played game 1 - had 34 hitouts as first ruck
R2 - Luke Jackson played game 8 - had 10 hitouts as second ruck
R8 - Caleb Graham played game 15 - had 8 hitouts as first ruck
R10 - Jordon Sweet played game 4 - had 16 hitouts as first ruck
R12 - Joel Amartey played game 2 - had 9 hitouts as second ruck
R14 - Samson Ryan will play game 1

Most of them got flogged except Flynn (but he wasn't against Ryder or Marshall). Hopefully the big boys can give us a good start this week.

We've seen that a bit this year:

R1 - Matt Flynn played game 1 - had 34 hitouts as first ruck
R2 - Luke Jackson played game 8 - had 10 hitouts as second ruck
R8 - Caleb Graham played game 15 - had 8 hitouts as first ruck
R10 - Jordon Sweet played game 4 - had 16 hitouts as first ruck
R12 - Joel Amartey played game 2 - had 9 hitouts as second ruck
R14 - Samson Ryan will play game 1

Most of them got flogged except Flynn (but he wasn't against Ryder or Marshall). Hopefully the big boys can give us a good start this week.
I thought Amartey looked great… 6 marks, 14 touches, 9 contested, 5 i50's… he was a real handful for us.

We should really be in this game with no Nank & Lynch…

Was anyone else able to book their tickets early?

I got mine, but the allocation was not available when a mate tried just after me.

The St Kilda Members allocation was not meant to open till 5Pm though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back