Preview Round 15, 2021: Richmond v St.Kilda - MCG, Friday 25th June, 7:50PM AEST *CONNOLLY DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 39 69.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 17 30.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McKenzie hasn't improved mate sorry to break it to you. He'll be a plonker for the rest of time. Clint Jones will wind back the clock and learn to kick both sides before Dmac comes good.

He was my one bit of positivity this season. I did start to think afterwards though that his stand out feature was that he was the only player putting in a 4 quarter effort and that shouldn't be a stand out in a professional sporting club.

I know I'm the forum pessimist but I'm really concerned that they are rushing him back for a feel good story again and his feet aren't ready for the work load. We should put him on ice until the feet are 100%. No use trying to sprinkle some glitter on this turd of a season. Just get him right for the next few years instead.
Playing this week would have him on the original timeline that they gave when he sustained the injury.

So if he is right to go, he should play. I doubt Marshall wants to be sitting on the sidelines waiting until next year just incase another injury occurs.

Long to Tonya Harding Shai Bolton to shut us all up about who we should have picked

aussierulesrules was very big on Shai in his draft year so he can still chirp a little surely.

Just pencil him in next to Petracca, Bontempelli and Grundy.

aussierulesrules was very big on Shai in his draft year so he can still chirp a little surely.

Me too, he looked like the stand out option at that pick. Kind of like Poulter last year. Long was another of those left field Saints selctions.

I’d forgotten that. Just went back and looked what I’d been saying about him at the time and this was one of the things I posted as well though:

I keep reading all over the place that Bolton is a serious flight-risk.

Possibly a big part of the reason we didn’t pick him.

Just because powerhouse, multiple premiership team Richmond have been able to keep him (so far), doesn’t mean we’d have been able to keep him, while we were stinking it up. Could very easily have left after two years and we’re back where we started from.

Don’t remind me of Bont or Petracca though 😭

I’d forgotten that. Just went back and looked what I’d been saying about him at the time and this was one of the things I posted as well though:

Possibly a big part of the reason we didn’t pick him.

Just because powerhouse, multiple premiership team Richmond have been able to keep him (so far), doesn’t mean we’d have been able to keep him, while we were stinking it up. Could very easily have left after two years and we’re back where we started from.

Don’t remind me of Bont or Petracca though 😭
Tbf even if we didn't take bolton we coulda taken Parfitt who also looks leagues better than Long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What kind of tall forwards are they playing at the moment? Will it just be Riewoldt and Coleman-Jones with occasional stints from Chol?

Ok , who of you picked the saints to win
Last match or this match?

If Marshall Membrey and Ross are back in and no more injuries I'll be tipping the Saints.

Channel 7 will love the idea of a wet and slippery slog fest outside on a Friday night in Melbourne in June.

Should be a classic skillful contest which will keep everyone entertained.

Last match or this match?

If Marshall Membrey and Ross are back in and no more injuries I'll be tipping the Saints.

Channel 7 will love the idea of a wet and slippery slog fest outside on a Friday night in Melbourne in June.

Should be a classic skillful contest which will keep everyone entertained.
Against the Tigers

I remember watching Bolton's draft videos and wasn't overly impressed. Thought he could have been an ok small forward but never would have thought of him as a full time mid.

It really is shocking how well he has developed. Crazy that he got through to pick 29 in hindsight.

I remember watching Bolton's draft videos and wasn't overly impressed. Thought he could have been an ok small forward but never would have thought of him as a full time mid.

It really is shocking how well he has developed. Crazy that he got through to pick 29 in hindsight.
Sometimes the development is organic growth from just being in the same locker room as established elite players. No doubt Shai's career follows a completely different trajectory if he gets drafted by the current incarnation of Saints or Dockers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back