Autopsy Round 15, 2022: Hawks mauled by Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope I’m wrong but Impey looks cooked. At least players like Shiels and Howe try when they’re out there but Impey just doesn’t seem to care.

Hated seeing him laughing walking off the ground after that effort.

Our first quarter was some of our best footy in a few years.

Bottle that. Work out how to unleash it consistently over four quarters and we have a brand of football that will stand up in finals.

Physically and mentally not ready yet but good signs nonetheless.

Senior players especially in the middle were a massive let down.

Just putting it out there, Scrimshaw was best on for us tonight.

Lewis continues to improve. Some great signs from Duke, Butler, Blanck and CMAC as well. Reeves held his own too.

That’s about all the positives I have.

We just allowed too many of the dogs C grade forwards to play like A graders tonight. But doesn’t help when their midfield dominated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midfield smashed as usual. Really need to at least halve the clearances to be a competitive chance. Desperately need some class in there to make us better. Too many like for like midfielders. Happy with the progress of some of the younger players and we kept at it all game.

One positive is we will have pick 3 or 4 by the end of the Round. A few of the senior midfielders need to be moved on like Mitchell, Shiels and Howe.

The sooner Ward, Day and Maginness are part of the midfield rotation, the better the midfield will be.

We jumped them early but once they slowed us down and the game returned to a normal tempo, their midfield took over and mauled us - we never really stood a chance from then on…

Good: Lewis, Blanck, Scrim, Bramble, Bruest, Dimma and CMac. Thought Worps played a solid game and Moore had some good moments. Butler will be a player with more experience.

Bad: Won’t pot individual players Disposal and tackling in the 2nd and 3rd, kicking for goal, soft efforts when the ball was there to win and not putting someone on Libba

Ugly: Our centre square work was abhorrent as was our midfield mix.

What a strange game. Isolate the first and last quarter and we're a happy fanbase.

Lewis, Moore, Scrimshaw, Bramble and Macdonald in particular all had tremendous games and moments.

Blanck looked fantastic on debut I thought.

The middle two quarters were some of the most disheartening stuff I've seen since the first 4 weeks of 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back