Autopsy Round 15, 2022: Hawks mauled by Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to get Tom, Worps and JOM watching Libbers centre clearance work on repeat clockwork orange style.
He’s one of the best I’ve ever seen.

Was best on by a mile last night and we had no answer for him.
Goes to prove you don’t need a big bodied mid just the application and desire, oh and an inane ability to read the drop of the ball helps too.
Libba on the move our midfielders stagnant around ball up’s, week after week.

I’d be shocked if Sicily ended up as captain permanently. Too often he retreats into his own shell when the momentum swings against us. You really see it watching it at games. JOM makes sense for now.

As a supporter I get behind Sicily and look up to him as much as a supporter can.

I can't say I've done that one with O'Meara.

I'd more inclined to move O'Meara on in a trade than install him as skipper.

Also seeing Moore and CMac in particular get mid minutes got me quite excited. Would love to see more of it. You need Nash and Newk in there with both of them IMO to protect the smaller bodies but that's fine.

Both guys are one touch players who have above average skills. Mitchell and O'Meara are the leaders of our midfield but both don't offer that.

He’s been an awesome performer on the field and our best player, but he’s not that much of an on field leader with his team mates when things aren’t going our way. You really see it at games, harder to see it on tv.

Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but it certainly feels that way, and you compare it to other great defensive captains who are still extremely vocal and empowering when the chips are down.

To be honest there isn’t an obvious candidate, and I think that’s why BB got another year.
Idk, i went to a couple games this year and he's been vocal for me, although none of our beltings.

We need to get Tom, Worps and JOM watching Libbers centre clearance work on repeat clockwork orange style.
He’s one of the best I’ve ever seen.

Was best on by a mile last night and we had no answer for him.
Goes to prove you don’t need a big bodied mid just the application and desire, oh and an inane ability to read the drop of the ball helps too.
Libba was awesome, but * me he gets away with a throw more often than I've ever seen. He throws often. Dogs throw often.

Have been getting away with it since 2016, is a joke.
Like yes we were ******* dreadful but i can't even comprehend how the umps can be that bad.

Throwing 24/7 and never called, Dunks blatant duck paid, Macrae gets a high 5 seconds after Titch got his head taken off and goal, started the 13 goal run.

All night long, tho i am not surprised and can't really do much about it. 9 day break now and reset and setup against GWS.

Sicily $1000 fine for ripping of Naughtons headband. Not even joking. wow
Probably find it was for pulling his hair as a result of ripping off his headband. They're not going to contest a fine. He'll just pay it and his other fine and move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my opinion, neither are captaincy material. Morrison isn’t even best 22 material if we are going to be a finals side. Sicily I love, but just doesn’t seem like he would make a great captain.
Agree. Have no idea what people see in Morrison. Needs to be one of the players replaced/superseded for us to improve.

Agree. Have no idea what people see in Morrison. Needs to be one of the players replaced/superseded for us to improve.

Neither Downie or Maginness who were selected for there seem to have progressed. All other suggestions seem to be ‘why not try them thers?

I think we actually need 3

Sammy in his presser and also Moore in an interview referred to us not being “tough” enough. Watching on TV, it did seem that way to me. A few times this year when opposition really steps up with physicality around the footy and gets in our faces a little bit, some of the boys don’t always match it. I will refrain from potting individual midfield leaders, but I feel some of those older guys through the middle don’t respond strong enough to that. Maybe I’m being abit harsh, but that’s just what it seems to me.

Absolutely rapt with Blanck’s debut, and I’m still liking what I see from Butler in his first handful of senior games. Reeves also doing well for a ruckman at his tender age. A lot to like about our youth.

Ball movement and attacking style fantastic when the game is on our terms. Dealing with momentum swings and more pressure through the middle something we just not capable of handling at moment.

Ups and downs are both part of the journey.

Go Hawks
Totally agree on the lack of a strong response. It’s been noticeable in many games this year

The positive from last night was Blanck. I thought his confidence to play his normal game from the start was good. And then Sicily went and torched him with a typical lazy kick before the momentum then turned into an avalanche in Q2. Lot to like about Blank. Not scared to play in front on occasion which is a good sign.

Lewis has made huge strides this year and he was a beast and crunched packs. Loved it.

Worpel showed some signs of improvement and let’s hope we have seen the back of his dirty stretch. We need the good alpha Worpel back.

What we thought would be our strength this year, the quick running and rebounding defenders, as a group, they have been mostly disappointing. But maybe that’s a result of constantly being on the back foot defending.

Reeves needs to learn how to stick his knee up to stop being nullified so that he can use his advantage. Have a look at the bloke at Richmond. And a few more variations on knock zones

Hard to be critical of Scrimshaw when he gets the ball that often and does a lot of good, but he still needs to work on his defensive stuff. Much like Birch had to.

Breust is showing signs that age is catching up. Second and third efforts are less frequent nowadays.

Very disappointing last night. But we need to stick with it and keep playing the younger types more often

Remove this Banner Ad

Back