Game Day Round 15, 2022 - Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don’t think I will ever get used to waking up on a Thursday morning to a game day thread.

One thing Terry and Jimmy will bring is a hard competitive edge to their games. They both go in hard and have no fear for their own safety.

I think Jerry might spend periods of time on Oliver.

This is a big game for Cam Rayner. With Bailey and Zorko out, we'll absolutely need him standing up. I think he thrives on moments like today and expect he'll have a big say in the result if we are to win.

Just looking at weather forecast tonight............12 degree partly cloudy with 5% chance of rain. The killer is tho a strong wind WARNING. The swirling wind at the G can make it difficult for us to kick accurately........definitely a home ground/team advantage.

I think I (we) just got to go with the selectors on this one.
I like Tom in , intensity plus, Tunstil well , we'll see if he's good with the boot, we need some more pace and these two sound like they will bring that and pressure .
I would of liked Lester in considering we could of done with a player that can bare some of the captaincy responsibility and secure that back six if indeed it gets pumped.
having said that would like to see how Paine goes there and given a real go, hpoe he is afforded the time of Dizzy's injury and maybe assess who goes forward from there.
So yeh , probably happy with more run in our side ,BUT I hope we use it and run into spaces when we have the ball.
If we just bang it on the boot down field like we normally do , that will be dissapointing.
Prediction: More link up play, gun and run.
Big game from Kiddy and steers the ship from the stern for a win
Lions by 15.

Speaking of players who need big games - it’s time McCarthy stands up tonight also and hits the scoreboard. He’s had a pretty so-so year thus far and hasn’t been contributing to the scoreboard as much as he has the past few years.

With Bailey good for a goal or two a game we are going to have to make that up from somewhere. Looking at you, Linc.

Question for those better informed; I haven't been to a game at the 'G in 15 years, but am planning on driving into Melbourne from Gippsland this afternoon and go to tonight's match.

Can you buy tickets at the gate? Or it all pre-order/pre-pay via Ticketek or some other distributor?

What parking options are there? In the interest of saving cash and enjoying being back in Melbourne I am more than happy to find some street parking a km or two away and walk in; or are all the neighbouring suburbs resident permit parking only which means I'll get pinged?

I see on the MCG website it mentions they have car parking but have no idea how full they'll get or how heinous their prices will be.

Any tips for new (old) players?

Also, if anyone on this forum will be there, perhaps I can come say g'day :)

Speaking of players who need big games - it’s time McCarthy stands up tonight also and hits the scoreboard. He’s had a pretty so-so year thus far and hasn’t been contributing to the scoreboard as much as he has the past few years.

With Bailey good for a goal or two a game we are going to have to make that up from somewhere. Looking at you, Linc.
Linc is averaging more goals per game this year than last year which was his career high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Linc is averaging more goals per game this year than last year which was his career high.
Wow I did not know that! He has seemed quiet from the outside. Looking at it now I guess he’s had some “big games” which include a bag of 5 (against North mind you) and 4 (against Giants) which may skew things a little, but definitely from the outside his output seems down as a whole compared to previously. That also includes his pressure and defensive work, although it looked like before the bye he may have been carrying an injury perhaps.

This is a big game for Cam Rayner. With Bailey and Zorko out, we'll absolutely need him standing up. I think he thrives on moments like today and expect he'll have a big say in the result if we are to win.
Word is that the boys are up and ready for this game. The energy is great and the belief to get the job done has never been better.
No matter which way you look at what players "need to stand up" or "who needs a big game", if they all play their given roles, we will come away with the win. This type of game needs an even contribution across the 22.

Word is that the boys are up and ready for this game. The energy is great and the belief to get the job done has never been better.
No matter which way you look at what players "need to stand up" or "who needs a big game", if they all play their given roles, we will come away with the win. This type of game needs an even contribution across the 22.
Absolutely.

I don't care who 'stands up' or who doesn't we've got a couple of new guys in so we need them to do whatever job they're given and there to be no weak links amongst those who've been playing all year.

The clearances are important and certainly we'll have a plan for Oliver and Petracca. Gawn out is a big plus for Oscar who gets the chance to direct play if he can. And a big help to our talls in the forward line to not have him drifting across ahead of play.

If everyone does their job we can win. Be interested to see if Lyons can be more influential tonight with a couple of quicker players thrown in the mix.

If we are to take on Melbourne and have a chance at the granny, this will be the game.

If we lose, there will be no excuses. We have the players, we have a building track record, time to put it together.

Was thinking this exact thing. Rayners time to really show the AFL community what he has. Expecting a massive game from him. We are going to need it.

Question for those better informed; I haven't been to a game at the 'G in 15 years, but am planning on driving into Melbourne from Gippsland this afternoon and go to tonight's match.

Can you buy tickets at the gate? Or it all pre-order/pre-pay via Ticketek or some other distributor?

What parking options are there? In the interest of saving cash and enjoying being back in Melbourne I am more than happy to find some street parking a km or two away and walk in; or are all the neighbouring suburbs resident permit parking only which means I'll get pinged?

I see on the MCG website it mentions they have car parking but have no idea how full they'll get or how heinous their prices will be.

If u can get a park on Victoria Parade you will be ok or streets nth of Vic Pde in Collingwood.......not a long walk. Not many going tonight apparently so could be easy.

Wow I did not know that! He has seemed quiet from the outside. Looking at it now I guess he’s had some “big games” which include a bag of 5 (against North mind you) and 4 (against Giants) which may skew things a little, but definitely from the outside his output seems down as a whole compared to previously. That also includes his pressure and defensive work, although it looked like before the bye he may have been carrying an injury perhaps.

Lin'c averaging marginally more tackles this year than last year (slighly down from his career high average in 2019).

That's a given. I imagine both teams will be going in with the same level of energy and belief (assuming anything different is a recipe for disaster). If both teams are at their best, it'll be the likes of Rayner and Petracca who break the game open. Rayners ability to do so could be the difference tonight.

Should be a cracking game!

You will be able to buy tickets at the gate. No way the G will be even a third full.

Parking at the G is plentiful and not too exxy, I think $20? It's been a while since I've tried. The greater hassle is it can be slow to get into the car park unless you come early. The streets nearby in East Melbourne and Richmond are all metered or time limited, but a bit further away you'll be fine. Have dinner somewhere in Bridge Road or Swan Street Richmond and then take a 15 minute stroll to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back