Preview Round 15, 2022: Sydney v St.Kilda - SCG, Saturday 25th June, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Swans

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 25 42.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydney aren't that flash, although I am worried about how leaky we are over the last 2 months and on a small ground like the SCG I worry for what Franklin and co will do to us. Howard's probably in the worst form of his career and our team defense has been shocking lately.

However, we do get off on a kick up the arse so if you factor in that along with Steele's return, we may be pleasantly surprised come 11pm Saturday night. We ******* need it that's for sure.

I’m confident that a boost from Steele and a nut punch from Ratts will get them playing good footy. That should get us up as long as Sydney don’t have one of their excellent games.

We haven’t won here since 2009?
Wouldn’t say I’m confident…
That aside, expect a down week if so next week and then a good ole rogering by the Dogs (after their lazy 112 pt demo with Bont leading the charge) not long after that…
That’s the problem with ‘kick up the arse’ sides ….you don’t sustain it to become a genuinely self driven good team

I’m confident that a boost from Steele and a nut punch from Ratts will get them playing good footy. That should get us up as long as Sydney don’t have one of their excellent games.
basically a one man midfield we have a fairway to go, hopefully we can snag 7th or 8th spot and play a final
I would be playing Owens - Windhager and Sharman as much as we can to find out if they're as good as we hope and get them ready for next year

From the report it looks like Steele, DMac, Sharman and Windy back in.

Two are easy - Steele for Byrnes, DMac for NWM

After that it gets a lot tougher to figure out who they'll drop especially if they do bring back Sharman because then you have to drop one of the pressure forwards (Long/Butler) to fit him and Windy back in.

So perhaps Butler for Sharman and Billings for Windy. (Won't the press have a field day with that one. No 3 draft picks career at the crossroads!!!)

basically a one man midfield we have a fairway to go, hopefully we can snag 7th or 8th spot and play a final
I would be playing Owens - Windhager and Sharman as much as we can to find out if they're as good as we hope and get them ready for next year
If we lose this one, then yeah...play the three of them for the rest of the season, put Marshall and Ryder on ice rotation, and play Campbell a bit more. If we make the 8 it's as good as most of us expected at the beginning of the year. We may even fluke a win like we did against the doggies in 2020...Windhager, Owens and Sharman have scope to improve...may as well accelerate progress. Who knows they may just surprise us and come good at the right time, they've definitely got the energy.

From the report it looks like Steele, DMac, Sharman and Windy back in.

Two are easy - Steele for Byrnes, DMac for NWM

After that it gets a lot tougher to figure out who they'll drop especially if they do bring back Sharman because then you have to drop one of the pressure forwards (Long/Butler) to fit him and Windy back in.

So perhaps Butler for Sharman and Billings for Windy. (Won't the press have a field day with that one. No 3 draft picks career at the crossroads!!!)
Billings was one of our better players he stays & will get better for the run,I watched Clark in his Sandy games & he really never looked the same player as previous years in fact has gone backwards in fitness & confidence.

NWM looked shaky at times but is worth persisting with, Higgo also looked very sluggish & slow 2 concussions might be having an effect let's hope he plays better this week.

Out: Byrnes,Clark

Well if the rumours here are to be believed, sounds like the fruit toast really hit the fan at the Club after the Essendon debacle, hopefully riot acts were read and justififiably so.

Genuine 8 point game for both teams which actually makes it a 16 point game.

I want to see Steele, Windy, Sharman, Dmac and Joyce in at minimum. Wood unlucky.

Also we need to be more pragmatic about our ruck approach! Glad to see the Tom the Tank in form is the ressies. Got a bit of the Rix about him...

Higgins Doogie Butler and NWM (needs to find his groove in the 2's is all) out you go. Not sure who the 5th would be. Maybe Clark, straight to the gym son do not pass Go. Maybe Byrnes but honestly I'd give him another run.

It's a DANGER GAME this one!!!

Last edited:
Contrary to some opinions, I think our defence is OK but is being put under excessive pressure due to a lack of accountability defensively by the midfield and half forwards- as soon as the defence clear the ball, it's coming straight back. Work it out Ratts.
This was certainly the case Friday. The entries the bombers got were free flowing untouched from the centre circles most of the time.

Thankfully they have terrible ball use and couldnt hit blokes with a 5m start on their defenders (and they kicked poorly).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contrary to some opinions, I think our defence is OK but is being put under excessive pressure due to a lack of accountability defensively by the midfield and half forwards- as soon as the defence clear the ball, it's coming straight back. Work it out Ratts.
Spot on. Steele and McKenzie coming back in should help but we need a lift from the whole midfield group in that area.

Billings, Clark and Long were in the black jumpers at training. They aren't being dropped.
Jones was in white... which I'm absolutely fine with. His defensive running is dreadful and his ball use not much better. IMO he's a faster version of Dunstan. We look much better when he's not in the side

I think we have to go for it until we can’t. We should find out in the next three weeks and then play the kids. We need to bring them in on form still otherwise and keep the balance right.

Is Buddy playing?
Our defence is really tight, apart from Dougal, but Swans be getting enough entries to give Buddy the chances to kick at least 4
Hope so. They’re a better team when Buddy isn’t playing so to give them more of a single focus on buddy should work in our favour.

But it would be just our luck for him to turn it on and kick 7

I would go further than most. After the disgraceful game against Essendon, why reward players who did not try hard enough,with another game. For me I would bring the Irishman in at the expence of Howard who has lost form badly. I would rest Marshall and give Campbell a go. Then make the other four changes as well. In.. Steele McKenzie WIndhagen Sharman Campbell and the Irishman. Out.. Marshall Jones Howard Higgins Butler and maybe Wanganeen-Milera. Show the team if you want to play for St.Kilda you have to put in every game, not just when you feel like it.

I think we have to go for it until we can’t. We should find out in the next three weeks and then play the kids. We need to bring them in on form still otherwise and keep the balance right.
Think we have more chance of making by playing Sharman and Owens when available then we have with the likes of Billing’s

I think we won't loose a game from here.....we win them all...ace it! Yes the cup may runneth over with optimism but we are just that kind of side. Well the next four at least! A stumble is possible against the Eagles they will be rotten ripe by then and could blast us off the park! We sure won't stick to any predictive script that's predictably a certainty!

Ayahuasca being a brew with powerful hallucinogenic properties with claims to opening the mind and in particular healing past traumas may just be what the doctor ordered in light of recent losses and collective scarring from the past 150 SAINT years.........the tonic of brotherhood .............a short sojourn to a winning mentality! Might work for us too! (Said to be endorsed by 1 in 22 Veteran Navy SEALS) :)

P
Think we have more chance of making by playing Sharman and Owens when available then we have with the likes of Billing’s

I guess they will find out if safe beats brave soon enough. I still think we make finals either way. The forward line is struggling so Sharman makes sense but we need pressure players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back