Preview Round 15, 2022: Sydney v St.Kilda - SCG, Saturday 25th June, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Swans

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 25 42.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steele in is huge. Windy and Sharman deserved after strong Sandy form.

Hopefully DMac isn't out for long. We missed him last week.

No Hill will hurt. Ryder has been poor since the Geelong game and wasn't offering much so as long as Marshall is fit, it shouldn't hurt too much.

Higgins raised some eyebrows at first but after looking a bit closer, he went before Butler because of his complete lack of forward pressure. Ratts is making a bit of a statement about the expectations of playing forward.

Over the past 2 games
Butler - 13 tackles, 38 pressure acts.
Higgins - 1 tackle, 18 pressure acts.
$64 million question is whether Roma is fit.
Shame about another DMac injury as he would have been straight back in you’d assume, and we will miss Hill, but otherwise it’s not terrible.

Must have got stuck into the dimmies after training on Thursday night before the Dons match because the selection committee certainly didn't notice it when they selected him.
I did mention during the game how bad his defensive pressure was and that he looked as fit as a country footballer, not surprised he has been dropped

I did mention during the game how bad his defensive pressure was and that he looked as fit as a country footballer, not surprised he has been dropped

Maybe Ratts watched him try to kick the ball on the run.

One thing I have noticed about Ratten.... he wants players with good disposal skills.

I have NO problem with that.

Must have got stuck into the dimmies after training on Thursday night before the Dons match because the selection committee certainly didn't notice it when they selected him.

I could easily see it at the ground unless it’s his pasty skin, maybe couldn’t run for a few weeks with his concussion.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I really don't get the angst over the changes, Ryder has been hopeless since the bye as has Higgins this "are we tanking" stuff doesn't make any sense to me.

The shame of it is that DMac has obviously had concussion symptoms at training and we lose Hill. A lot of players need to step up but we were never going to drop Clark straight away and the fact is we need Jones to come good in the 1s. He's on thin ice though.

Higgins has been deplorable over the past two weeks, Butler was bad last week but actually looked dangerous against the Lions and he creates pressure with his quick running. Higgins is just awfully out of form.

I really like that we've got Marshall one-out in the ruck where he is at his most damaging. Look at his stats last week compared to Ryder. If he can get going he can be a weapon for us in the run-in. I've no doubt he's fit because Campbell isn't even an emergency.

We are absolutely a chance but I really would have loved DMac to get up. There's a lot of youth in our side, hope they're up for it.

EDIT just saw it's a minor calf injury for DMac

Buttler looked worse then he was could of easily kicked four goals if not for him trying to play like a millionaire.

Maybe Ratts watched him try to kick the ball on the run.

One thing I have noticed about Ratten.... he wants players with good disposal skills.

I have NO problem with that.
Yeah I’m happy our captain is back Sharman is in and Marshall rucking by himself on the SCG

Worse side *on paper. Playing guys who are out of form didn’t make us a better side last week. Not who I would of dropped but I don’t think it’s a wild call.
I reckon he has enough runs on the board from his form earlier in the year to be given a bit of time.

He's one of the few match winners we have on our list.

Maybe fitness is an issue. He looked at peak fitness earlier in the year though so it would be disappointing if he has managed to fall that far behind.

Dmacs done a calf for the 30th time lol

Nas and sincs to take kick ins.

Doogs can get farked and be a target ffs.
Doogs should have never taken any kick ins.

You kick to the bloke who is 200 cm not have him kicking the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doogs should have never taken any kick ins.

You kick to the bloke who is 200 cm not have him kicking the ball.
He's our deepest defender though so you aren't going to get him to run 70 metres down the ground to he that option.

I don't like him kicking all the time though

I could easily see it at the ground unless it’s his pasty skin, maybe couldn’t run for a few weeks with his concussion.

Like I said - the selection panel must have missed his fatness and lack of fitness during training.

Doesn't say much for their powers of observation.

Well I’ll put my hand up and be the first to say that last week I gave so much s**t to Essendon for their changes which seemed to guarantee us the win.

Clearly things didn’t unfold that way. Bombers didn’t necessarily win because of those changes, and it certainly helped them that we were s**t house, but they were a team with a plan and who played with conviction.

I can only hope that we are bold enough to pick the best 22 for our team plan regardless of the optics and this is that team. I have full trust in the selection, and will only be let down if the effort is well and truly off. And if that happens this week, then we’ll all have some serious questions, and rightly so.

In the meantime fear not! Hoping for a good game, and I’m seriously excited to see if our forward line and midfielders can get back into cohesive form. Go Sainters!

Like I said - the selection panel must have missed his fatness and lack of fitness during training.

Doesn't say much for their powers of observation.

Also wasn’t swinging his legs in the warm up might have a groin injury.

I reckon he has enough runs on the board from his form earlier in the year to be given a bit of time.

He's one of the few match winners we have on our list.

Maybe fitness is an issue. He looked at peak fitness earlier in the year though so it would be disappointing if he has managed to fall that far behind.
Maybe he got his free pass last week and didn't take it

He has had 2 concussions and covid over the last couple of months, he will bounce back

Buttler looked worse then he was could of easily kicked four goals if not for him trying to play like a millionaire.

That's his problem though, blatant disrespect for anyone on that field is what he does, weekly.

Sharman killed Higgo as much as he did IMO.

Ming + Members take KPF, missing third, it was Higgins and Long jumping on people to take marks or leading places and getting burned or used as a pseudo third, Butler was always just there, existing. So Sharman comes in to play an actual third, your choice then becomes the coulda shoulda woulda if he had any respect for immediate opponents v guy who lead I50 tackles, plays multiple positions,and necks blokes when he tackles v Piggo who jumps a bit and did SFA for a few weeks.

You're dropping the last bloke 9/10 because the other two at least have secondary effort. You don't bring sharman in, you have the past couple weeks and "here's 4 smalls, where's that extra mid?" question.

The outs have left me feeling a little flat about this one.

Ryder was probably due for a spell but he's outperformed Marshall this year. Hopefully Marshall cam stand up this week.

Hill is a big out as well and I would have stuck with Higgins.

Good to see Sharman and Steele back. Hopefully Jack is 100%.

Need to get back on the winners list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back