Game Day Round 15, 2022: Sydney v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time to see what these boys are made of: they have failed the Pride test badly in past years; let's see if they have any this season.

Time to Marshall the Long Steele Member(y) and show the Sin City boys who's King!

Get A Bit Of Action In!

Last week was just sooo bad. I think I'd kind of blocked it out as soon as the game ended but let's be real, it was one of the worst losses of the past decade.

With that in mind how can you have faith in this team? There are so many reasons that we can win, but overriding them all is that performance from last week.

We are fanatics so of course we'll all be glued to the game or at the ground with that Saints feeling, that glimmer of hope that we turn it on. That the Essendon game was the turning point. The wake up call, the loss we had to have.

But in the pit of my stomach there's the other reality, that a season that promised so much is cooked.

It's scary how important this game is. And I want to believe. I just don't know if I can anymore.

Obviously we need to win or the year is shot. Yep we are still mathematically possible to play finals if we lose to another top 8 side that’s 2 in 3 weeks. We aren’t suddenly beating them after that. This place will explode if we lose because of coaching moves this week. Stay well away if you don’t want to see ratts abuse. The reason I say that is the few changes are bold changes. Dropping Higgins over butler is bold but I think obvious once the messiah Sharman was picked. Our lack of forward pressure would be worse than ever if Higgins was in over butler. I wanted Higgins by the way but I won’t join in the pile in because the reasons make complete sense. Dropping Ryder is also bold. I refuse to say managed as he was managed 2 weeks ago. It again makes sense. 2 rucks out of form is 2 players out of 22 not having an impact. Now it’s one and that’s if he actually does have a poor game. I think he will go ok because Marshall is a very good around the ground ruck and I think he smashed hickey last year. Both sides have one ruck and both aren’t fully fit. Obviously I hope we win this but I’m up even more for a win. I don’t want the return of those few who when we lose return to the board being no good. The off field being no good. The coaching being no good but hey let’s leave the ability of the players alone. That fix is just to hard to contemplate. Go saints. Go messiah Sharman. Go butler and go Marshall

Last week was just sooo bad. I think I'd kind of blocked it out as soon as the game ended but let's be real, it was one of the worst losses of the past decade.

With that in mind how can you have faith in this team? There are so many reasons that we can win, but overriding them all is that performance from last week.

We are fanatics so of course we'll all be glued to the game or at the ground with that Saints feeling, that glimmer of hope that we turn it on. That the Essendon game was the turning point. The wake up call, the loss we had to have.

But in the pit of my stomach there's the other reality, that a season that promised so much is cooked.

It's scary how important this game is. And I want to believe. I just don't know if I can anymore.
Always believe. In 1985 we lost our first 3 games in a row by 100 points. 110 140 120. On the Monday myself and 3 mates went on a cruise on the fairstar the fun ship. By day two I’d ran into about 50 saints supporters and told them we would certainly win the next week. They thought I was crazy. Proves it only takes 24 hours to really know me. Anyway the saints showed them. We lost of course but we broke our 100 point losing record. And you know what actually happened. We won the second week of our cruise in round 5. Didn’t look as crazy then. My point is never give up hope with our club. The more vital point is never expect to much with our club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The melts over the team selection are pretty funny. When I said 8 weeks ago that I think we're a better team without Higgins in it, the pile on was ferocious. "First picked" and "Best small forward in the league" were tossed around a bit.

Assuming it's those same posters now losing their minds. Ah well so it goes. Can't support a small forward who offers zero defensive pressure and doesn't keep his feet. Feel for the bloke after the 2 knocks should be said. Hope he patches up the glaring deficiencies in his game b/c he's young and clearly has talent.

FWIW I'm happy enough with the team, though I'd have #JusticeforJoyce in before Doogie Howser M.D.

Forward line will be much better for Sharman's inclusion. Steele obvs and Windhager very pleased to see him back.

Reckon Marshall will relish the sole ruck role - interested to see how NWM goes without Hill. Would love to see Clark find form and set us up from the BL.

Shame Owens and DMAC haven't come up. Zac Jones names in a fwd pocket? Hmmmm.

Saints by 26 points!

Marshall breaks down in the first qtr, Hickey dominates Battle/Sharman in the ruck.

Buddy runs amok and the Saints lose by 40 points and finish the round in 11th spot.

Press all over the mounting pressure on the Saints not to renew Ratten's contract.

Off to see a band tonight and pretty happy I'll miss the match.

The melts over the team selection are pretty funny. When I said 8 weeks ago that I think we're a better team without Higgins in it, the pile on was ferocious. "First picked" and "Best small forward in the league" were tossed around a bit.

Assuming it's those same posters now losing their minds. Ah well so it goes. Can't support a small forward who offers zero defensive pressure and doesn't keep his feet. Feel for the bloke after the 2 knocks should be said. Hope he patches up the glaring deficiencies in his game b/c he's young and clearly has talent.

FWIW I'm happy enough with the team, though I'd have #JusticeforJoyce in before Doogie Howser M.D.

Forward line will be much better for Sharman's inclusion. Steele obvs and Windhager very pleased to see him back.

Reckon Marshall will relish the sole ruck role - interested to see how NWM goes without Hill. Would love to see Clark find form and set us up from the BL.

Shame Owens and DMAC haven't come up. Zac Jones names in a fwd pocket? Hmmmm.

Saints by 26 points!
That was because 8 weeks ago it was a silly comment. I’m not sure waiting 8 weeks justifies a comment back then. Matter of fact I’m sure it doesn’t. If you said it 3 weeks ago it might carry some weight.

Marshall breaks down in the first qtr, Hickey dominates Battle/Sharman in the ruck.

Buddy runs amok and the Saints lose by 40 points and finish the round in 11th spot.

Press all over the mounting pressure on the Saints not to renew Ratten's contract.

Off to see a band tonight and pretty happy I'll miss the match.
You are starting to sound like a few others. Didn’t think I’d see it after one yes one bad performance. You would swear the way some are acting we had lost to north west coast and the bombers 3 weeks in a row. Bloody have some friggin faith guys.

Out of the 8...lose this, season done, and we know where we stand as a team...we win, and we know a little bit more about the teams fortitude and resilience. The boys better come out swinging. I want us to play angry and win. Time to get real.

The 8 isn’t done if we lose this but each one we drop the confidence erodes a bit more and we have a tough run home.

Ratts job would be on shaky ground if we don’t make the 8.

yep and last Night showed us how bad the loss was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back