Autopsy Round 15, 2022: Sydney v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Something I liked early was when Dougal did his arrogant handball feign x3 instead of getting off the mark, then attempting to sell candy which hasn’t worked the previous 27 times he’s attempted it, only to shin-shank it sky high for something different.
Smoke behind the dark mirror. Bush did 9/11.
Did it right in front of me

It's baffling how much the forward line has dropped away post bye. They have lost any system that was present at the start of the season. It's just nothing at the moment. We are basically playing without one. We won enough of the ball to have a decent number of shots tonight yet it amounted to night because of how bad the forward line is.

Staggering. Will he have the most mediocre 200 game coaching career ever?

Alan Richardson holds the record for most games as coach without finals. But his feelings were never hurt by us being mean and sacking him.

It's baffling how much the forward line has dropped away post bye. They have lost any system that was present at the start of the season. It's just nothing at the moment. We are basically playing without one. We won enough of the ball to have a decent number of shots tonight yet it amounted to night because of how bad the forward line is.

Sharman looked like the only one trying. He didn’t play well but he had a crack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something I liked early was when Dougal did his arrogant handball feign x3 instead of getting off the mark, then attempting to sell candy which hasn’t worked the previous 27 times he’s attempted it, only to shin-shank it sky high for something different.
Smoke behind the dark mirror. Bush did 9/11.
Common folk such as yourself just don't understand his brilliance. He's one of the few that reads the game...at an insane level.

No wonder he's vice captain.

13 will get to into finals. Are we a 13 win side?

We don’t look like we could score 13 points at the moment. Ratts is handing out merit awards right now. Ross gets a Maccas voucher.

At least there isn’t an Alistair Clarkson type sitting on the sidelines twiddling his thumbs waiting for someone to sign him up.
Except Clarko is that really hot chick who gets to pick who takes her home and we’re Saintos The ITK

Winning the ball, then bombing it to an out numbered King is not exactly a winning strategy… good teams win the ball, hand it to someone on the outside and kick it to a one out forward or leading forward.. What we have is long bomb to King and hope!!! It worked for us in some games, but ask yourself is it really a good strategy? Is it worth having King cannoned into by 2-3 defenders every time? King looks really frustrated, and I don’t blame him.. I’m sure his under 18 side has a better system and better skills in general, sigh!!!

Except Clarko is that really hot chick who gets to pick who takes her home and we’re Saintos The ITK

Honestly you take GWS in a heartbeat. Have this Porsche racing car or a donkey and cart. Hard choice.

TBH, was blasé still blasé about this season as a whole as viewing it in stages;

Summers+Finnis+Richo = last mob was s**t, let's make a base of a cake.
Basset+Finnis+Ratts = With base of cake, let's see about some toppings.
Basset+Lethers+Ratts = One layer cake or 2?

So this year was a Rath injection last year to head FD, Lethers switch to CEO, 2 years in, cycle FD at end year. So whilst nice that we middled at maybe 2nd to 8th before, well, this crash and burn we are going through, to me, this ends with some gutting in the next season or 2 of the driftwood. As stated previously though, this knocks free someone like a Coff as obvious skill, no continuity, 1st rnd dp for grade A mid here type as that's the game, gotta give something to get something and since Highmore was brought in as a floating defender type, it;s a floating defender type on the block.

So we'll win some, we'll lose some and this is on the players and who can take direction firstly, and who can then when under the pressures of a gameday enact what they know. We're now finding out some of them don't really know much, in one ear out the other let's default like a boss on the back of previously not knowing how to have discussions amongst themselves. This is basic s**t yeah, if you can;t trust your teammate to chat with you about you being a bitch or blow it off as they just jelly, you are going to crash and burn hard.

Ratts as a coach is good enough to get us to a GF, you know when you speak to the man he is not his public s**t, this club is just, largely, infuriating in how slow it moves. Some of the players there tonight don't deserve that jumper in that third iteration that should be the "creme" for consistent finals aspirations.

Did it right in front of me
comedy fan GIF by CollingwoodFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back