Game Day Round 15: Battle of the battered birds West Coast vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t believe the lack of moderation in here. I’ve posted single gifs in the Richmond forum and been given weeks
It's just funny watching some salty bloke still pissed over 2018, knowing his club will lose another GF this year.

At the very risk of being abused, an outsiders view point.

Firstly, I doubt too many AFL supporters take any pleasure seeing the demise of the Eagles, or any team. Eagles have become 'easy beats', and arguably it compromises the draw. Teams that play the Eagles twice have an advantage.

Veterans like McGovern, Shuey, Hurn, Naitanui etc etc likely on top coin, but are cooked and are continually injured. There has to be some criticism of the list manager and the senior coach for their current predicament. Paid overs for Kelly, have not invested in draft picks because they have traded for players and overpaid their aging players. Yes the playing list for the past two years has been decimated by injuries but that can occur to older players, and there just did/does not seem to be too much talent at the lower end of the Eagles list.

Although a premiership coach I reckon Simpson has been too loyal to the senior players who won him the flag in 2018.

I believe COVID and the shift to QLD in 2020, impacted the playing group, whereas teams like the Dockers and Saints just embraced it.

It will take awhile, but need to invest heavily in the draft for early first round picks. Not renew contracts and/or trade out some senior players. I know he has kicked almost 500 goals but Darling would be one IMO to be moved on.

Is punishment required?

I know people will say that punishment doesn’t guarantee improvement, and I agree. It won’t.

But in this situation, how can you say the word “unacceptable”, a word used often by leaders at the club, without some form of what is essentially punishment?

If no punishment is dealt to a senior leader, either Simpson or Nisbett, then they have indeed accepted this performance.

Anyone here think today is just a speedbump to a better future, to be accepted?

Yep

"Unacceptable" means f all when noone is punished for dire performances

This is a direct result of accepting lack of performance and effort over the lasy 3 years with no consequences. The signs have been there with nothing done and anyone who said anything was a whinger

This is the result

Should be a fun flight back for those members on the team plane. Don’t think there will be much singing. What would you say to the players as they go past you?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly, I doubt too many AFL supporters take any pleasure seeing the demise of the Eagles, or any team. Eagles have become 'easy beats', and arguably it compromises the draw. Teams that play the Eagles twice have an advantage.

Veterans like McGovern, Shuey, Hurn, Naitanui etc etc likely on top coin, but are cooked and are continually injured. There has to be some criticism of the list manager and the senior coach for their current predicament. Paid overs for Kelly, have not invested in draft picks because they have traded for players and overpaid their aging players. Yes the playing list for the past two years has been decimated by injuries but that can occur to older players, and there just did/does not seem to be too much talent at the lower end of the Eagles list.

Although a premiership coach I reckon Simpson has been too loyal to the senior players who won him the flag in 2018.

I believe COVID and the shift to QLD in 2020, impacted the playing group, whereas teams like the Dockers and Saints just embraced it.

It will take awhile, but need to invest heavily in the draft for early first round picks. Not renew contracts and/or trade out some senior players. I know he has kicked almost 500 goals but Darling would be one IMO to be moved on.
Preaching to the choir mate, quite a few on here have been saying this for a while

Why would you be abused?

You're speaking truth to power.

Today marks the fourth 100+ point loss from just the last eight matches.

During 2022 the club had two such losses.

In all years COMBINED prior to 2022, the club only lost by 100+ a total of 8 times.

It's time for pitchforks, folks.
Yeap. Something needs to give.

It's time. It's irrefutable.

Nisbett & Simmo. Pack your bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back