Autopsy Round 15 Carlton v Collingwood Autopsy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

haven't been able to get to the machine to post til now so a bit late i know but still euphoric so what the hey.

a real team effort but a few individual highlights i want to mention that i really really enjoyed:

brock taking a vital mark when put under the pump one on two on the edge of our 50. fantastic composure saved a turnover goal and summed up his game.

yaz dancing his way to a goal late in the 3rd quarter when we were in danger of choking it. steadied the ship and then backed up with two sublime assists to Eddie to seal it.

Walker's fantastic individual effort to out power reid on the boundary and ice the game with a goal out of nothing in the last quarter. sensational.

if we back this up next week we are back in town.

Brock McLean made two great defensive high pressure marks in the game which was great.

I have been over the moon with joy at last nights game - win lose or draw I wanted to see the team play for Ratts - and they did and this removes what I think was the biggest question mark over Ratts - and that was the implication that the players not performing was about ratten having lost them. That idea was well and truly to to bed last night. A lot of journalists have serious egg on their face. Very happy for Ratts.

Kreuz played his best game for the year- he tore the rucks apart and he had to do it all game - magnificent effort absolutely magnificent a genuine elite ruck/rover effort.
Judd was everywhere in the game ast night - at crucial times and he ran freely back and forwards and through the packs being THE man when it mattered so many times I lost count.
Yarran - back to elite levels of performance- hsi goal running 4 defenders around was magic. His finishing scything kicks to marks and goaling - outstanding.
Curnow played a great game- he ran fast and tackled hard.
JOSEPH stood up and played out of is skin - back to last years finals form and much better decision making.
Armifield dominated Shaw and kicked an important early goal - always one of my favourites
Duigan shut down and dominated Maxwell - an kicked 3 goals.
Walker showed why he should play forward - caused mayhem for them.
Eddie was fantastic - kicking 4 pressure goals
Watson hassled bumped and harried all game
ROBBO! smashed em and made 3 fantastic tackles leding to tunovers
Gartlett is out of goal kicking form but played a high pressure defensive game inluding 3 notable tackles and one three effort leading to turnover play
Carrazzo was slick and smart
MCGinness played a great debutants game - poie and effort on a big stage.
and Jamison dominated Cloke - at one point out running him to a ball on a long 25 meter chase and kicking back
Collins a serious classy player getting better each time he plays.

Fantastic effort and clearly a morale boosting display by the team.- back to form.

Loved seeing the boys get stuck in when Simmo was hit.
Loved seeing the frustration in Wobblers - woudln't be surprised to see 'daisy' cop a suspension for his elbow to Duigan's head either.

hard road home from here - but we have our confidence back now - and Waite/Murphy and Hendo to return...

No reason not to be happy except for Simmos injury.

I should mention one more point: After his first game or two in the Navy Blue, I would have rathered a blind man take the field rather than Collins. I seriously would have been happy for him to spend the rest of his career in the VFL as a "depth/insurance" player. However, I was really impressed with him on friday night. He seemed to look lost in his first few games with us, and it looked like his skills were terrible. Now though, he has shown that he has obviously been working his ass off. I have to give him a lot of credit and eat my piece of humble pie, because for a guy who I wanted gone early on, he has shown that he belongs and will only get better.

Ratts was always set to give Kreuze the extended run in the ruck, dropping Warnock and going with only Hammer as the tall up forward made this obvious. .. The fact he said Kreuze had been given a single role to do mid week and started him in the ruck backed this up. .. Kreuze dropping back across half back was also possibly part of this. .. Hammer was doing bloody brilliantly until he went down injured, you need unleast one focal point up forward. .. The two KPF rucks hasn't worked but given the injuries it was worth a try. ..

Finally, how do people after last night's game and everyone within the club coming out in support of the guy, still manage to snipe at Ratts. .. He's not out of the woods but just give the guy some credit for a good win and move on. ..

20-20_Motivation.png

I have sat on the fence for a long time and only recently come to these views, I'm pretty comfortable I haven't been sniping.

would love a mitch robinson tackles montage from that game, my highlights of the game were him smashing dawes, swan and especially maxwell in huge tackles

Loved Duigan's enthusiasm post match. Being at the game couldn't see it but when watching the replay this morning saw him run up to Yaz post game yelling your F'n back man! Loved it! Also his work while being interviewed by Watson was pure gold!
Haha, I love that about Duigs and could totally imagine him doing that.

Bad kicking for goal almost cost us the game, please fix this before it costs us a place in the finals.

That is the only negative from our part in the game. Injuries are beyond our control.

Bad kicking for goal almost cost us the game, please fix this before it costs us a place in the finals.

:confused: Bad kicking for goal cost Collingwood the game. This was one of our better efforts. ;)

Though please drop or hypnotise Garlett. 1 goal 8 behinds in the past four matches is terrible, quite frankly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant find the words.

I am absolutely Stunned that Tim watson et al , would excuse this.

Tim is someone who I have always had respect for , till now.

WHAT A PIECE OF s**t....

On 15 different levels - SCREW you Ttim.

campaigner.

Gotchya c_p.

Nice to see you again.

Im just as stunned at "what's his bloody name" from that home gardening show and hawthorns assessment - well done. I have lot of respect for this muppet, no idea why he denigrates himself. He was astonishing in his accuracy and honesty.

Well done to Andy Murray as well as Marc webber and the blues.

Sport is great right now - its all good. Go Life. Live it.

To all my friends, A toast.

Im just as stunned at "what's his bloody name" from that home gardening show and hawthorns assessment - well done. I have lot of respect for this muppet, no idea why he denigrates himself. He was astonishing in his accuracy and honesty.

Well done to Andy Murray as well as Marc webber and the blues.

Sport is great right now - its all good. Go Life. Live it.

To all my friends, A toast.

Rock and Roll dude. :thumbsu:

The world is filled with goodness. :)

.....and behave.

Yes. Will do.

Was only ever trying to raise the bar.

Sacrifices. Thanks for being fair.

Tim Watson should be treated with absolute disdain after that performance. Darcy has always been a total joke.

Wellingham actually said in his own words "Wanted to let (him) know that it wasn't intentional to hurt him 'that much'"....

he then went further on (after prompting from Fdarcy) to say " Robo hasn't got the brains to be a good sledger "

Make no mistake there are some very biased media people out there with a mission to make out that Wellingham was "just protecting himself" and that "stuff like this happens in footie"

Chances are Wellingham will get off with fewer weeks that Simpson is out - we will have to suck it up..

Interesting - no mention of Thomas's elbow into Duigan's face either.
the whole show of concern by Wellingham post match was s clearly a calculated media exercise.

nasty taste in my mouth watching that 7 'production'.

Thanks Wookie.

Tim Watson should be treated with absolute disdain after that performance. Darcy has always been a total joke.

Wellingham actually said in his own words "Wanted to let (him) know that it wasn't intentional to hurt him 'that much'"....

he then went further on (after prompting from Fdarcy) to say " Robo hasn't got the brains to be a good sledger "

Make no mistake there are some very biased media people out there with a mission to make out that Wellingham was "just protecting himself" and that "stuff like this happens in footie"

Chances are Wellingham will get off with fewer weeks that Simpson is out - we will have to suck it up..

Interesting - no mention of Thomas's elbow into Duigan's face either.
the whole show of concern by Wellingham post match was s clearly a calculated media exercise.

nasty taste in my mouth watching that 7 'production'.

Thanks Wookie.

First off - the punch to Duigans face - I rewatched the ENTIRE GAME just to assess if it was worthy of a report - and listen buddy - you are spot ON. I'm FUMING this is not an issue. Flat out punched him in the face.

If he does not recieve a ban - Carlton should take issue with the AFL for BIAS - and sue the farkers.

SECONDLY - yes, Tim suggested it was a 3 game supsension - I want to know, right now if he is being paid to say that as he clearly is - CAROLINE WILSON DO YOU ******* JOB - he was clearly, OBVIOUSLY saying that because he was being paid =

This has to be financial, corporate, manipulating the course of justice - SOMETHING !!!!!

Happy to discusss taking this further with anyone fudiciarily speaking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back