Autopsy Round 15: Changes v Adelaide - Wagner, Oliver & Trengove out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind the Matt Jones selection, was pretty good the first 4 weeks and wouldn't of been dropped if he didn't get injured. I don't follow the vfl but sounds like he's earned his spot, as for Harmes and garlett bit harder to justify for me, probably a horse for course thing, I would love to keep playing Trengove, but I think his lack of pace is a concern. Jack Grimes problem is that he's Jack Grimes.

No problem with dropping Trengove. From all reports Matt Jones has been good at VFL.

Harmes is a bit more of a 'fascinating' selection but I like him in the team - has unfairly earned himself the junk-time nickname because of when he's kicked goals but I always thought he presented and ran pretty hard throughout games.

Trenners may be a sneaky chance as a late in for Viney if Viney doesn't pull up properly from training.

He ran hard.........one way and only if he was a chance to get on the end of a Joe the Goose goal.

I love him but we have carried him a bit since he came in.

Think Grimes might be a late in for Viney, although I'll never doubt Vineys ability to recover from injury after I was convinced he wouldn't play on QB and he got up.
You might be right. He is pretty slow but he's clean with the ball. Guess it just shows how far we've come depth wise. Grimes emergency 11th time this year. surely this was the week he played. I have the feeling all the old guys who were there through the awful Bailey/Neeld years are pretty much on the outer with the new coaching group with the exception of Watts, Jetta and N Jones.

He ran hard.........one way and only if he was a chance to get on the end of a Joe the Goose goal.
You still bagging out harmes. Did he turn you down or something?

His nickname is horse or nut by the way. Nothing to do with junk time

Harmes 27D and 3 goals. Garlett one goal. Even plapp basically amounted garletts game to "he tried hard"

But yes dez keep with your sooking about harmes :rolleyes:

Nah I'd just rather play players that run hard defensively as well as offensively.
I actually wonder if you even watch games... Which forwards playing the same position are playing better?

Harmes comes off as arrogant, and obviously has a bit of ego. Annoys me at times. But he's best 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think everyone is forgetting Grimes is playing wing/on ball in the 2s not half back.. there is no way in hell I would bring him into our team to play up around the ball, he's to slow, a poor user and fumbles to often.. I'm sorry to say guys but there is no place for him on our list anymore, he's not bloody good enough.. I'm bloody surprised how many people on here want him in to be honest, all we heard on here for years was how s**t he is

Think everyone is forgetting Grimes is playing wing/on ball in the 2s not half back.. there is no way in hell I would bring him into our team to play up around the ball, he's to slow, a poor user and fumbles to often.. I'm sorry to say guys but there is no place for him on our list anymore, he's not bloody good enough.. I'm bloody surprised how many people on here want him in to be honest, all we heard on here for years was how s**t he is
He's playing as basically an inside mid, I don't know why people keep calling for him to come back in to the backline

I actually wonder if you even watch games... Which forwards playing the same position are playing better?

Harmes comes off as arrogant, and obviously has a bit of ego. Annoys me at times. But he's best 22
Well Vandenberg was obviously favoured more seeing as how he remained in the team when Harmes was dropped and he has been spending a majority of his time in the forward line, I'd also say Petracca is playing better.

I'd have no problems with Harmes if he tried as hard to apply pressure in the forward half as he does running towards goal but he doesn't, hence my problem with him.

He needs to watch how Petracca goes about things, Harmes lacks urgency defensively.

Well Vandenberg was obviously favoured more seeing as how he remained in the team when Harmes was dropped and he has been spending a majority of his time in the forward line, I'd also say Petracca is playing better.

I'd have no problems with Harmes if he tried as hard to apply pressure in the forward half as he does running towards goal but he doesn't, hence my problem with him.

He needs to watch how Petracca goes about things, Harmes lacks urgency defensively.
Strange that harmes averages more tackles, one percenters and pressure acts than Garlett, Petracca and vandenberg. You know, the three key stats in a players defensive pressure. Also doesn't play any sort of similar game that vanders does.

You don't actually watch Melbourne/casey. Do you?

* me carrying on like a bunch of lil bitches. Grimes is ******* s**t always has been why people think he is all of a sudden best 22 is ******* ridiculous. He cant use the ball and makes it look like soap. There is VDB Brayshaw ANB Trengove Oliver Michie Newton infront of him as a midfielder. Trengove will be back will take time to get up to pace been out for so long had his taste will know what he has to work on and can do it at VFL cause we have depth now

You might be right. He is pretty slow but he's clean with the ball. Guess it just shows how far we've come depth wise. Grimes emergency 11th time this year. surely this was the week he played. I have the feeling all the old guys who were there through the awful Bailey/Neeld years are pretty much on the outer with the new coaching group with the exception of Watts, Jetta and N Jones.
Jetta probably wouldn't be playing afl if it wasn't for roos reinventing him.

Very surprised by the Trengove out. For a bloke who hasn't played in what, 24 months, he's been solid for mine. I'd have him in over a number of blokes in the 22 named this weekend. I hope Viney is ok, but if not is Trengove the likely in, or Michie?

Best of luck against the Crowbots.

I like to back Roos in as a rule, and these changes might be more important in achieving a good result, but can't help but feel he's not adhering to his own standards. They obviously have no faith that Garlett is motivated enough to drive himself, and are hoping that his goals compensate for his pathetic repeat efforts. Dropping a guy for not getting enough ball, seeing him get no ball at VFL level, and then giving him a reprieve after the bye makes no sense. Standards. Dropping Trengove after his decent start for Chompers/MJones doesn't make much sense. Not playing another medium defender against the Crows makes no sense. McDonald, McDonald and Frost will take Walker, Jenkins and McGovern. Jetta to Betts. We have no matchup for Tom Lynch; their most important linkman. Another poor weak at the selection table :thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back