Preview Round 15: Changes v Carlton

Which players will we describe as being 'really close' when they are not selected this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This my last past then I'm moving on:

Move Otten to FB - **** off Hartigan
**** off Kelly - Bring in Cheney/Doedee
**** off Beech - bring in McGovern
Brown injured - bring back Knight and Douglas go back

I'm not angry anymore, I'm hurt and disappointed. ******* bullshit I'm still ropeable ******* campaigners
If otten is at fb we'll have lost the game at selection again

We won the contests again though. Thommo isn't going to fix our defensive issues in open play or the spare defenders we allow to run around to do what they want.

That's true, I just want to see some more toughness around the contest, which the guys in the middle at the moment don't bring enough of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You do understand that at the same time they started to tag Sloane we also started to play with the extra tall Slow Forward. We have lost defensive pressure from our Forwards the ball is moving too easy from the switch play. Roles that McGovern, Menzel fill in and stopped in the first 5 games.

Walker missed game 1, JJ missed 3,4and 5. From round 6 we have run with an Extra tall in the side and have a win-loss record of 4 wins 4 losses.
Even round 2 against the Hawks when we played with the extra tall the Hawks got the easy ball out of defence. We just happen to score more goals.

So I would say this since we started playing with Ottens, JJ and Walker in the same team we have going at 5 wins 4 losses.
Maybe that has more cred than no Sloane no Crows.

I dont need cred

Isnt teh blueprint

Stop Sloane Stop the Crows

I dont need cred

Isnt teh blueprint

Stop Sloane Stop the Crows
Not the blueprint just the media's Blueprint , Go back over the games we lost and it out the Back switch plays that catch us out. It our s**t delivery into the forward line, Its the lack of defensive pressure from the Forward line. Sloane does not play forward.

Not the blueprint just the media's Blueprint , Go back over the games we lost and it out the Back switch plays that catch us out. It our s**t delivery into the forward line, Its the lack of defensive pressure from the Forward line. Sloane does not play forward.

No his poor form and our poor form must purely be just a coincidence

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seasons shot, play the kids.

Might as well get some experience into them for when we get a real coach.

You would like to think it isn't but the last 6 weeks certainly is pointing that way

Bloody Carlton and Gibbs

To be Honest not overly fussed about Sloane being tagged, as by final times the Crouch brothers, Greenwood would be better prepared and by then Sloane will not be the target player to tag, I am concern about the easy ball out of our forward line and what we are going to do to stop it. Along with our outside game which has diminished in recent weeks.

To be Honest not overly fussed about Sloane being tagged, as by final times the Crouch brothers, Greenwood would be better prepared and by then Sloane will not be the target player to tag, I am concern about the easy ball out of our forward line and what we are going to do to stop it. Along with our outside game which has diminished in recent weeks.

Our mid was suspect before Sloanes form slump and is now worse

Our midfield was suspect because some did not rate them as it was one of the youngest in the competition, But for having a so called s**t midfield
We rank well in the stats that determine how good your midfield is.
At this time we are weak on the outside.

Our midfield was suspect because some did not rate them as it was one of the youngest in the competition, But for having a so called s**t midfield
We rank well in the stats that determine how good your midfield is.
At this time we are weak on the outside.

Gotta love stats and champion data don't you

Facts are Sloane has dropped form we have dropped games even elite keeps telling me about the blueprint of stopping Sloane and it bloody works

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out, Douglas, Otten, Beech, Hartigan.
In, Knight, Menzel, Doodee, McGovern
Might look at Wigg as an in but 4 changes is hard enough to envisage, let alone 5. Seed needs a couple more games. Keath, Cheney close too.
Knight, Menzel, Charlie and Eddie to rotate thru middle/forward. Smith to wing. Doodee for Smithers possie at h/b Lever to Carltons second tall. Greenwood start at centre bounce. Sloane to wing if getting hard tag.
More run and playing to our players strengths not constantly exposing their weaknesses. Eg. Sloane, Smith

Before knowing full extent of injuries & Sanfl performances

Ins - Outs
Wigg - Brown (injured)
Knight - Atkins (much needed kick up the arse)
Otten - McGovern (week late)
Menzel - Beech (give him a crack at his old side)

Smith on notice & would consider using Douglas rather than Smith off HBF, releasing Smith into the midfield.

Hopefully Cheney & Seedsman not far away.

B: Kelly, Talia, Hartigan
HB: Wigg, Lever, Laird
C: Knight, Mrouch, Cameron
HF: Lynch, Walker, Milera
F: Betts, Jenkins, McGovern
R: Jacobs, Greenwood, Sloane
I: Douglas, Brouch, Smith, Menzel

In. Mcgovern, Mackay.
Out. Otten, Beech.

We all know this is what will happen.
Stop yelling for 4/5 changes which we SHOULD do.. its not going to happen...
We are so ******* conservative. Don pyke is so scared of dropping senior players or growing a backbone and showing any emotion or making a move gameday. ******* pigheaded arrogant s**t campaigner can * off back to perth.

Think one of the main problems with your midfield is your key mids are all pretty similar, most are very contested inside players, without elite ball use or break away pace.
Think having Brad Crouch Matt Crouch Slone Atkins and at times Laird is to many key mids with just average disposal, in deperate need of some class with ball in hand.

Thoughts pending form in game tomorrow.
Out:
Milera - to go to SANFL and work out the definition of contested footy.
Otten - it's well past time, is a handy backup but that's it. Was invisible last night and offered nothing.
Beech - were already running with 4x tall forwards, don't need another average paced medium forward. Could be a handy player in the right forward line, ours is not the right forward line.
Kelly - Handy, goes in hard, but isn't quite up to it, panics under pressure and we need someone who can offer more attacking disposal from his position.

In:
McGovern - Obvious reasons.
Knight - shouldn't have been dropped, we need his run, competitiveness and good disposal
Cheney(or Doedee) - need his cool head and safe disposal back in defence. If not, then it's time to see what Doedee gives us.
Seedsman - need his run, long kick and ability to take the game on.

Atkins, Smith, Douglas and Cameron on serious notice.

Think one of the main problems with your midfield is your key mids are all pretty similar, most are very contested inside players, without elite ball use or break away pace.
Think having Brad Crouch Matt Crouch Slone Atkins and at times Laird is to many key mids with just average disposal, in deperate need of some class with ball in hand.

Atkins has gone backwards quick smart in this regard, at his best is close to our classiest ball user. Is currently rushing kicks and simple kicking blindly round the corner too often for an outside player.

Thankyou! My sentiments exactly.

Atkins has gone backwards quick smart in this regard, at his best is close to our classiest ball user. Is currently rushing kicks and simple kicking blindly round the corner too often for an outside player.

I thought that too but looking at CD stats Atkins Knight and Milera have our midfielders best kicking efficiency % Atkins at 63.2 and Knight & Milera 73.3% the rest of our mids (apart from Sloane at 60%) kick at low 50%

Yeah he was even getting some hype over here in Melbourne, but 12 turnovers from 21 kicks is really burning the footy, particularly for a outside mid.
With Slone Atkins and the Crouch brothers 115 possessions for just one shot on goal just isn't damaging enough, elite midfielders are goal kicking midfielders and should be having shots on goal.
Think Milera could be a classy player, he does need to find more of the footy and do other things to stay in the game.

Gotta love stats and champion data don't you

Facts are Sloane has dropped form we have dropped games even elite keeps telling me about the blueprint of stopping Sloane and it bloody works

He was poor against the Saints and we won by 10 goals. Likewise, we played a tall forward line and won convincingly against Richmond, Saints, Lions and Freo... I think both Sloane's lack of form and our tall, slow forward line are both pretty big factors in why we can't beat decent teams. Why does it have to be one or another though?

Yeah he was even getting some hype over here in Melbourne, but 12 turnovers from 21 kicks is really burning the footy, particularly for a outside mid.
With Slone Atkins and the Crouch brothers 115 possessions for just one shot on goal just isn't damaging enough, elite midfielders are goal kicking midfielders and should be having shots on goal.
Think Milera could be a classy player, he does need to find more of the footy and do other things to stay in the game.
And Cripps is such a good kick too.....

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d2=2&type=A&pid1=3930&pid2=3940&fid1=S&fid2=S

Was actually just having a quick look at the stats from the game and Laird is recorded as having DE =87% from 28 touches, but with 7 turnovers. If a full quarter of his touches were turnovers, how is his DE so high... am I missing something? Anyone?

Back