Preview Round 15: Changes v Carlton

Which players will we describe as being 'really close' when they are not selected this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
And their midfields also have other players who demand attention.
Brouch and Greenwood will do. In fact, Sloanes best moments have come when Hugh is in the guts with him.

I'm intrigued to see how he goes with extra attention because it'll come.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lol. So you want Sloane out for Thommo?

So Matt Crouch becomes our most outside, 2 way running starting midfielder. Yeah that will end well. They obviously all play midfield all game because they just dont play any other position.

I want Sloane out of his form slump so play him out if the pocket and bring in the best of a bad bunch in Thommo

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
So Marty, you want more toughness in our midfield and want/ed us to recruit Gibbs?

No I want Sloane out of form slump was interesting watching Richmond today Cotchin was well held dusty destroyed it besides having a player hang off him he is just capable of handling it

Sloane will be back it reminds of josh francou who had his demons with a tag but overcome it

No question having another quality player in the mix would help Sloane Gibbs was the chance but that's gone

Thommo is the best midfielder we have in the twos I wouldn't think of having Thommo in if it wasn't for Sloanes form slump but we are being forced to break that glass maybe it will work maybe it won't, but we ain't working ATM

Last edited:

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ffs have you ever played footy

Of course you worry about your own game yes you can put on pressure but it's far from a priority

As for Richmond and dusty no way are their teammates protecting him he is a machine as did GAJ and Judd

Jono Brown was on 5AA this week and he said Leigh Matthews instructed his players not to be dirty about it but any opportunity they had they were expected to make life difficult for the tagger.

Bump him, knock him, block him.

Our players should be able to manage their own game and achieve this pretty easily but they don't because Don doesn't instruct them too and they are soft.

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
Any side we select for next week must overcome the defensive setup that Carlton have. Its similar to what Hawthorn and a few other clubs have that have previously dismembered the Crows.

19thcrow

All Australian
Aug 29, 2010
Gippsland
AFL Club
Adelaide
Otten or Hartigan out for McGovern. Otten is a better 3rd tall reads the play better but Hartigan is better as 2nd tall not much though.

Seedsman and Doedee in for Milera and Kelly. Doedee in before Cheney purely to see if Doedee is good enough.

I said it all preseason that Laird needs to go in the guts. I think its time to give him a good go in there. Seedsman to play back while Laird stays in midfield. I know Laird gives us drive off HB but we need to do something in the middle or we will fall short.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Otten or Hartigan out for McGovern. Otten is a better 3rd tall reads the play better but Hartigan is better as 2nd tall not much though.

Seedsman and Doedee in for Milera and Kelly. Doedee in before Cheney purely to see if Doedee is good enough.

I said it all preseason that Laird needs to go in the guts. I think its time to give him a good go in there. Seedsman to play back while Laird stays in midfield. I know Laird gives us drive off HB but we need to do something in the middle or we will fall short.

Loose three or four more games and go your hardest at seeing if players are capable or not we still sit second and need to get back inform not experimenting

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jono Brown was on 5AA this week and he said Leigh Matthews instructed his players not to be dirty about it but any opportunity they had they were expected to make life difficult for the tagger.

Bump him, knock him, block him.

Our players should be able to manage their own game and achieve this pretty easily but they don't because Don doesn't instruct them too and they are soft.

Like I said you do it but it's not your priority either the rest of the midfield aren't too concerned about doing it, are they that stupid you don't actually need to be told

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Brown Talia Lever
Sloane Hartigan Laird
Seedsman Mrouch Atkins
Lynch Walker Cameron
Betts Jenkins McGovern
Jacobs Smith Brouch
Greenwood Knight Doedee Douglas
We need to keep developing Milera. Give him a rest against Dogs when intensity lifts.
Knight can't be brought back in after one mediocre SANFL game after being quite poor and being dropped back. Let him get some form up.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
We need to keep developing Milera. Give him a rest against Dogs when intensity lifts.
Knight can't be brought back in after one mediocre SANFL game after being quite poor and being dropped back. Let him get some form up.

Exactly, performances need to start mattering.

19thcrow

All Australian
Aug 29, 2010
Gippsland
AFL Club
Adelaide
Loose three or four more games and go your hardest at seeing if players are capable or not we still sit second and need to get back inform not experimenting

Better to experiment now rather then closer to playing finals. Our current set up won't win us many if any finals. I wasn't talking bigchanges only Laird.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Knight doesn't get back in yet, we can't keep yoyo-ing him. Give him 2 more weeks in the SANFL and if he keeps that level then he comes back in.

Back