Preview Round 15: Changes v Carlton

Which players will we describe as being 'really close' when they are not selected this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with Smith

Sloane
Walker
Smith
Lynch

Make us tick IMO.

With those 4, you would have to say tex Sloane smith are so far down on form

If you chose geelongs most important 4

Selwood danger Hawkins Taylor

If three of those were down like our 3 of our best 4 how do you think they would be travelling

These players will make or break the year

You can bring in Seedsman Hampton gov cheney Doedee who ever without that most important 4 players getting runs on the board we are screwed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I actually don't mind our cautious approach with McGovern.

McGovern and Max Gawn both had bad hamstring injuries in Round 3.

Melbourne panicked and rushed Gawn straight back in to lead their rucks this week and it was an unmitigated disaster for them. We gave Mitch another run in the reserves and have come up trumps again. Vindication.
Vader was right.

No other Bigfooty Board would have a Troll Moderator!

Changes I'd like to see:

In: Gov, Wigg, Knight
Out: Kelly, Douglas, Otten, Otten, Otten (Naming him once for each kick he had on the weekend

What do I think I will see?

In: McKay, Gov
Out: Beech, Milera

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-25_20-55-18.png
    upload_2017-6-25_20-55-18.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 2
Brown Talia Hartigan
Laird Lever Seedsman
Smith MCrouch Cameron
Lynch Walker Knight
Betts Mcgovern Jenkins
Jacobs Sloane Greenwood
BCrouch, Atkins, Douglas, Milera.

Still really want to see this lineup.
This is our best 22 imo.
The only spot that is contentious is the kelly, cheney, doedee position.
Id rather have another midfielder in the team as i feel they offer more to our team balance.

So from hawks game to this

In. Knight, Seedsman, Mcgovern
Out. Beech, Kelly, Otten

Big upgrades imo.

Brown Talia Hartigan
Laird Lever Seedsman
Smith MCrouch Cameron
Lynch Walker Knight
Betts Mcgovern Jenkins
Jacobs Sloane Greenwood
BCrouch, Atkins, Douglas, Milera.

Still really want to see this lineup.
This is our best 22 imo.
The only spot that is contentious is the kelly, cheney, doedee position.
Id rather have another midfielder in the team as i feel they offer more to our team balance.

So from hawks game to this

In. Knight, Seedsman, Mcgovern
Out. Beech, Kelly, Otten

Big upgrades imo.
Doedee in before Knight for me. We need the extra marking and rebounding half back given our elite mids can't match it with the best. If we could I would say we may not need him and instead we could afford another mid-half forward but our current side requires that Cheney/Doedee type. Outs are spot on though.

Given Sauce wins most of the hit outs and we almost always lose centre clearances, I'd say he isn't really that important at all

Its an interesting stat. Champion Data hit outs to advantage has Sauce ranked at 4th in the AFL averaging 11.5 per game but as you said we are ranked 16th in centre clearance differential, could have something to do with us being ranked dead last for kicking efficiency, and a struggling midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its an interesting stat. Champion Data hit outs to advantage has Sauce ranked at 4th in the AFL averaging 11.5 per game but as you said we are ranked 16th in centre clearance differential, could have something to do with us being ranked dead last for kicking efficiency, and a struggling midfield.
Do they do centre HO to advantage? That would be interesting

Knowing that we would never make 4 or 5 unforced changes, I would do this:

In: McGovern, Doedee
Out: Otten, Brown (injured)

Another possible inclusion could Gallucci for Cameron if he's still injured.Cheney could also come in for Brown, but I think we need to see what Doedee can bring at the next level. Beech and Kelly to get another week, Knight should have another game in the SANFL after being dropped, and based on how he faded out of the game, Seedsman needs at least another week playing reserves.

What I think will happen:

In: McGovern, Mackay
Out: Otten, Brown (inj)

Mackay and Douglas to take up Brown's spot in defence.

Do they do centre HO to advantage? That would be interesting

I'd say they do but I don't have it. I bought a footy record for the first time in years, there are a couple of pages of Champion Data stats in it.
Sauce has an ave. 41.3 hit outs per game, 11.5 hit outs to advantage putting him 4th in AFL but his average hit outs to advantage is 27.8% below the AFL ave. of 28.9.

Our 16th at centre clearances is poor but stoppage clearances from ball ups and throw ins we are ranked 3rd.

Knowing that we would never make 4 or 5 unforced changes, I would do this:

In: McGovern, Doedee
Out: Otten, Brown (injured)
This would be an outstanding result compared to most selections. Fingers crossed

No, not enough run. Need another quick. Hopefully Seeds if fit enough or Knight.
Seedsman/Knight into the 22 for Kelly would be an even better result

Didn't want to get greedy!

I'd say they do but I don't have it. I bought a footy record for the first time in years, there are a couple of pages of Champion Data stats in it.
Sauce has an ave. 41.3 hit outs per game, 11.5 hit outs to advantage putting him 4th in AFL but his average hit outs to advantage is 27.8% below the AFL ave. of 28.9.

Our 16th at centre clearances is poor but stoppage clearances from ball ups and throw ins we are ranked 3rd.
I mentioned this 6 weeks ago. We are good at general stoppages but poor at centre clearances. The stats are even worse when you compare centre clearances that result in a subsequent possession outside the centre square. Our centre clearances are often quick kicks to the opposition's loose man.

IMHO the first step is to get Dougie out of the centre square and use THE MIGHTY THOR at the start of every quarter.

Back