Round 15: Changes vs Carlton + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Switkowski (probably won't happen unfortunately)

In: Balla or collier

Swita needs to go back and get work out how to kick goals. 10 games and 3 goals this year just doesn't cut it for a small pressure forward. - he's tackling output is great but he's not hitting the scoreboard enough. I like Switta but he won't hold he's spot much longer if he can't average 20+ goals a year

other outs: Hogan, S.Hill

Obvious IN's: McCarthy, Cerra

not sure there will be too many other unforced changes - maybe Wilson, if he's ankle is not 100% right, comes out and someone like Nyhuis comes in for him.

Swita needs to go back and get work out how to kick goals. 10 games and 3 goals this year just doesn't cut it for a small pressure forward. - he's tackling output is great but he's not hitting the scoreboard enough. I like Switta but he won't hold he's spot much longer if he can't average 20+ goals a year

not sure there will be too many other unforced changes - maybe Wilson, if he's ankle is not 100% right, comes out and someone like Nyhuis comes in for him.

Ross doesn’t care about goals for that role. Tackles are what matters.

Ross doesn’t care about goals for that role. Tackles are what matters.
we'll see how long before he does care more about their goal contributions when we continue to lose games by small margins where the odd extra goal or two from other forwards may have proven the difference. People keep saying Ross is adapting - he may need to adapt and reward small FWD's who can apply pressure and kick goals. He aways supported Balla who filled that roll nicely. I just don't think Switta is cutting it yet.

I would really like to see Nyhuis in and Blakely into the midfield. This would release Fyfe and Mundy for forward time. I think we will need a harder edge in the forwards.

I don’t understand the Connor in the backline thing. Never have, probably never will.

I guess Cam Mc will have to come in as well. If someone else required then Banfield. I don’t think Cerra should get a callup. You play your way in.

he’s our “get out of jail” card back there. any time there’s a contested ball situation in our backline give the ball to blakely and he’ll find a way out of any contest and get it forward, not saying he won’t be great in the midfield but he definitely brings something to our defence and especially with pearce out who was also of capable of just running through trouble, he’s extra needed back there

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

we'll see how long before he does care more about their goal contributions when we continue to lose games by small margins where the odd extra goal or two from other forwards may have proven the difference. People keep saying Ross is adapting - he may need to adapt and reward small FWD's who can apply pressure and kick goals. He aways supported Balla who filled that roll nicely. I just don't think Switta is cutting it yet.
Agree, but while Matera only applies 1 or 2 tackles per game someone is needed to make up for it.

Ideally we get someone who can apply 3+ tackles a game, plus kick at least 1 goal a game but until we find that person his position is safe.

Agree, but while Matera only applies 1 or 2 tackles per game someone is needed to make up for it.

Ideally we get someone who can apply 3+ tackles a game, plus kick at least 1 goal a game but until we find that person his position is safe.
Balla did that for years and Collier could also. I also think Shultz is obvious one to fill roll if they want to keep blooding youth and giving someone else other than Balla an opportunity. I just fell Switta lack of scoring is putting his position under threat.

Switta will be safe this week, with Hill and Hogan our, you’d not want to do many more change.

Move Mundy forward this week.
Bring in Banfield to play midfield (he’s earns it from the seconds).
Cerra to replace Hill.

I’d also go Tucker/Bewley to North

Other possibility is Bewley to Nyhuis. (Wilson he he does pull up)

Cox to McCarthy. But I suspect they will leave Cox in the be second ruck.

Have a debut is always good.

Dixon play forward at Peel, and O’reilly defence at Peel.

Actually thought Switter played one of his better games. Tackled hard, got some kicks.
It’s obvious he’s advised to move up the ground while Matera plays the natural small forward around the 50. He benefits from Switter

Actually why don’t we play Ballas/Schulz in another pressure forward role?
In: McCarthy, Ballas/Schulz
Out: Hogan, Hill

We might as well play small, and use defensive effort around the 50. Schulz has been knocking the door down for Peel. Ballas sort of getting there.
Nyhuis isn’t far off either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who’s to say we don’t have that player but we won’t know if we don’t make any changes. Banfield played that role perfectly last year before being cast into tagging. He’s now back in form in the WAFL doing just that, tackling and hitting the score board. Be interesting to see if we make that change this week.

I would just like to say (cos I’m a show-off... well not really, but when I’m REALLY right about something... then - ), when most were calling for Matera’s head on a platter, I was one of a few who were advocating for him. Play him in his right position, I said; play him forward, I said; and he will kick goals.

And now? He’s gunning it. Is there anyone who would say “drop him” now? Nah, thought not.

Forza Matera!

I would just like to say (cos I’m a show-off... well not really, but when I’m REALLY right about something... then - ), when most were calling for Matera’s head on a platter, I was one of a few who were advocating for him. Play him in his right position, I said; play him forward, I said; and he will kick goals.

And now? He’s gunning it. Is there anyone who would say “drop him” now? Nah, thought not.

Forza Matera!
Oh so you were the other person at the fan club meeting then?

What about Watson to the backline and play Logue forward? I have this feeling that Ross doesn't want McCarthy in until he earns it.
Nyhuis looks in good form as well.

Out: Hogan, S. Hill
In: McCarthy, Cerra

This would’ve been the week for Harley after 4 good games at Peel, life’s ******* cruel sometimes, hoping the boys will bounce back at home and flog Carlton. We need to come out angry. If it’s wet Banfield should come under consideration as well.

What about Watson to the backline and play Logue forward? I have this feeling that Ross doesn't want McCarthy in until he earns it.
Nyhuis looks in good form as well.
Watson’s developing this year. That’s too hard for him right now.
Bring in Nyhuis, he goes back and Logue forward. But even then we’re incredibly short down hack and up forward.

How does your backline match up if Carlton plays curnow McKay and mc govern?

It’s an interesting one.
Hamling would probably take most dangerous, so Curnow, by McKay is so tall with our other defenders not having the height.

So might have to be
Curnow - Logue
McKay - Hamling
Gov - Hughes
Ryan roll off a small to intercept.

Early BOM forecast looking like it’ll be we again, so wet weather is a handy defender this week. Bit of a danger game for us.

I reckon Ross should make a few changes this week. But most likely just the 2
Hogan - McCarthy
Hill - Cerra

The derby is gonna be the worry with no Pearce. Too many talls to cover. Hopefully they can get Hogan up for it. Lobb would be nice too

I actually feel more changes than less would be a good tactic this week. Not so much about form but how lethargic/wobbly we look at the moment.

It's a critical time of the year and if you think we are out of the woods eith injuries you've got another thing coming.

Need to freshen up and boost in young players. Bring back Nyhuis, Banfield, Cerra, McCarthy, maybe Colyer or debut North.

Out Hogan, Shill, Walters, Tucker, Bewley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back