Prediction Round 15: Changes Vs Carlton + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember as a 6 year old going to a game at the old Whitten Oval to see Footscray vs Brisbane Bears. The field was slush: Muddy, foul odoured wretch. I went onto the ground and lost my shoe as it ripped it off my young foot...multiple times. The score that day was 4.12 to 3.8.....

.....Carlton vs Freo in the wet could only dream of reaching such lofty scoring heights!
How can you remember what you did aged 6 years old?!?! I struggle to remember what happened 6 minutes ago :po_O

If you watch the Carlton Vossy presser this week (yes, bored af, don't know why I did), it sounds like a coach letting his greater football department know that this week will be like trying to push the proverbial turd up a hill.

On a side note, in Vossy's absolute PRIME... king of the AFL, triple premiership midfielder, I was doing my 3rd yr Trade TAFE down at Brisbane south bank and the team happened to be at the Plough Inn that night (a wonderful watering hole if you're ever in the area btw). Twas the same night we organised a 'study' session. With a skin full, I remember going up and introducing myself to the great man and when I went in for the 'cheers' I accidentally poured 1/4 of my cheap student's beer over his wrist and cufflinks.... the glare I received in that moment of time, I remeber thinking my life was over. A discreet exit ensued, albeit with a mildly agressive Ash McGrath shoulder barge back to my table... where my "mates" pretended like I was an unknown weirdo...

Sorry yes, a long side note, I know.

Boomer would walk into that current Norf side. One of the dumbest delistings/non-contract offers of all time.

IMO opinion boomer strikes me as a bit selfish. Never forget the footage of him winning the car at the North admin Raffle Mazda donated to the club. Seriously highest paid bloke in the whole club, think about the kids getting paid $25/hr on the phones at north membership, Jumped around like a crazy man. Zero humility, zero intention to send it back took the club. Guy was on min $500k a year for a decade . Ain’t a bloke you want building a young side (aka Mundy) around .

IMO opinion boomer strikes me as a bit selfish. Never forget the footage of him winning the car at the North admin Raffle Mazda donated to the club. Seriously highest paid bloke in the whole club, think about the kids getting paid $25/hr on the phones at north membership, Jumped around like a crazy man. Zero humility, zero intention to send it back took the club. Guy was on min $500k a year for a decade . Ain’t a bloke you want building a young side (aka Mundy) around .
Highest paid bloke is fair game, he was still one of their best players at 38 when they axed him, along with Petrie and Dal Santo all at once, but decided to keep Lindsay Thomas for a year to as Milking Free Kicks Coach. I guess they're good at winning frees still, so there's that.
As funny as the rigged raffle was they ripped the heart out in one off season and they've never recovered.

I remember this. Boomer was asked why he didn’t just give the car back to the club, his answer was “I went 50/50 with a mate on the raffle so I couldn’t do it”

So this prick is driving half a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except he hasn't been gifted this game. Has had a month of very good footy at wafl level on the wing, and we have a wing vacancy with acres out. No one else to come in really
Can’t understand Henry for Tucker,one of the most important games of the year ! For me Tucker is a full bodied strong player that under pressure keeps his cool who is called on to play many different roles over the the last few years which may explain his disposal rates not has high as others would like them to be.Yet also spending less minutes on ground than other players but still getting same and even more disposal than a lot of his team mates .I recall Tucker was one of Two players Fyfe thanked in his Brownlow speech for sacrificing his own game to cover his Man as well to allow him to go forward .would love to see Tucker given the luxury of playing in the one position like most of his team mates do,either wing or mid think his footy would go to the next level .Banfield is another player I think gets used as Tucker does , they both play their roles and I think the teams a lot stronger with both these players in the weekly 22 .I do like Henry but 16 disposals and a fancy goal doesn’t match Tuckers best for peel and highest disposal a few weeks ago . Also came on as medical sub for Acres and did a good job as J Lo commented through the week . Henry is sure to get his Chance through injuries that will come but don’t understaffed why at the expense of a fully fit experience player in a game like this .Something to think about would be good to understand what J Lo was thinking an explanation would be good

I hope the coaching panel aren't thinking "We'll show you, ya Carlton fckukers, making us pay for Henry when he was on our NGA, watch him shred you to pieces..." because if they even remotely have that in their heads we are screwed.

Can’t understand Henry for Tucker,one of the most important games of the year ! For me Tucker is a full bodied strong player that under pressure keeps his cool who is called on to play many different roles over the the last few years which may explain his disposal rates not has high as others would like them to be.Yet also spending less minutes on ground than other players but still getting same and even more disposal than a lot of his team mates .I recall Tucker was one of Two players Fyfe thanked in his Brownlow speech for sacrificing his own game to cover his Man as well to allow him to go forward .would love to see Tucker given the luxury of playing in the one position like most of his team mates do,either wing or mid think his footy would go to the next level .Banfield is another player I think gets used as Tucker does , they both play their roles and I think the teams a lot stronger with both these players in the weekly 22 .I do like Henry but 16 disposals and a fancy goal doesn’t match Tuckers best for peel and highest disposal a few weeks ago . Also came on as medical sub for Acres and did a good job as J Lo commented through the week . Henry is sure to get his Chance through injuries that will come but don’t understaffed why at the expense of a fully fit experience player in a game like this .Something to think about would be good to understand what J Lo was thinking an explanation would be good

Tucker has plateaued, as good as he is going to get, he is reasonable depth, best 30.
Henry has A lister written all over him ,enormous potential.

Tucker has plateaued, as good as he is going to get, he is reasonable depth, best 30.

Yes this

Freo are being patient with him. He's put together some nice wafl games now he gets to see how he goes at afl. It's not like Tucker has had a massive impact at afl level this season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tucker hasn’t done much his last few AFL games and while Henry only had 16 touches, all of them were impactful. He’s also had a very good month at Peel and deserves an opportunity, we aren’t flying so well that our worst player the last month can’t be pushed out for a guy playing very well in his spot at Peel.

Last edited:
I hope the coaching panel aren't thinking "We'll show you, ya Carlton fckukers, making us pay for Henry when he was on our NGA, watch him shred you to pieces..." because if they even remotely have that in their heads we are screwed.
I would assume that most of the club wouldn't even remember that this occurred.

Fans are a different breed

Sorry what-Tucker. Have you been watching the same player for the last 2 seasons.
Slow decision maker, gets caught with ball, turns it over.
While I haven’t been a Henry fan, he earnt his spot from last weeks game. One of the best for Peel. Watch the game and don’t just go by the stats.

That sounds right, but didn't Bell run a review of it and become directly responsible?

I think it's clearly a big improvement, but we also got rid a lot of the perpetually injured.

Have Taberner, Fyfe and Hamling improved their availability? Darcy often looks proppy which is nerve wracking, and Pearce looks like he may be getting jabbed regularly.

Our depth has improved and matured dramatically and many perennially injured players moved on. That's some big list management factors.
'Pearce looks like he may be getting jabbed regularly'.

How does anyone 'look' like they're being jabbed?
Do you mean that you have no idea if this is happening?
He played with the flu last game - did he look like he was being injected for that too?

Seems to the coaches and staff have done a great job turning this team around to put them where they are today on the ladder and that included having Tucker in the Team .I don’t believe his plateaued just needs to be allowed to grow in the one position instead of being used wing , mid ,forward and back week in week out ,so don’t agree with your top 30 comment as watched plenty peel matches and don’t see any one better at this point to replace Acres Worried at this point of the year Freo might start taking chances with swapping other fit players through the team feeling their pretty safe position . the team seems well balanced with back up in the wafl and I hope they don’t mess to much with the group as the other teams will be making a charge this time of year .

Headed to the Picssso exhibition at the NGV before the match cos Tabs is not the only artist whose work on display I will appreciate today.

'Pearce looks like he may be getting jabbed regularly'.

How does anyone 'look' like they're being jabbed?
Do you mean that you have no idea if this is happening?
He played with the flu last game - did he look like he was being injected for that too?
Hey mate, just wanted to say I've appreciated you jumping in to defend Pearce over the years. Keep fighting the good fight.

Sorry what-Tucker. Have you been watching the same player for the last 2 seasons.
Slow decision maker, gets caught with ball, turns it over.
While I haven’t been a Henry fan, he earnt his spot from last weeks game. One of the best for Peel. Watch the game and don’t just go by the stats.
Have been watching the same Tucker as you but also watching every other player as well which showed me there are plenty of our players that are getting caught with the ball and even more with turn overs .I recall one of our first season players turning over the ball 3 times within 10 minutes in a game early this year direct passes on the oppositions chest which lead to goals each time yet wasn’t called out for it instead being labeled our next future star and maybe he will in time . Just saying every player should be judged the same .Any way off to watch the game here’s hoping for a win 👍

Have been watching the same Tucker as you but also watching every other player as well which showed me there are plenty of our players that are getting caught with the ball and even more with turn overs .I recall one of our first season players turning over the ball 3 times within 10 minutes in a game early this year direct passes on the oppositions chest which lead to goals each time yet wasn’t called out for it instead being labeled our next future star and maybe he will in time . Just saying every player should be judged the same .Any way off to watch the game here’s hoping for a win 👍
Welcome back mate 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back