Prediction Round 15: Changes Vs Collingwood + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon our three tall forwards are going to have a field day when Taberner comes back. All Australian Taberner alongside Treacy with his newly found confidence and Lobb playing further up the wings.
Doubt Taberner makes AA after missing 5 games, would need a hell of a finish to the season

Young’s kicking opening up the game > Wilson’s straight line run, imo.
For me, Young's strengths are his kicking, marking and his one on one defending is pretty good. Wilson has Young for pace and his kicking is very good but not quite at Young's level. I'd have them both in for now and it's up to Walker to force one of them out and take his chance when it comes. Like for like I think Walker at some point takes Wilson's spot.

For me, Young's strengths are his kicking, marking and his one on one defending is pretty good. Wilson has Young for pace and his kicking is very good but not quite at Young's level. I'd have them both in for now and it's up to Walker to force one of them out and take his chance when it comes. Like for like I think Walker at some point takes Wilson's spot.
Leave Walker.
Wilson in for Conca. Logue in for Duman.

Out: Crowden (sorry Joao), Bewley, Western, Walker/Conca (honestly couldn't split them, not fussed which one comes out for willo)
In: Tabs, Logue (Aish or Tucker to the wing), Fyfe, Wilson

Young has to come straight back in imo. His strengths are massive and we need to pump games into him. Just needs a clean run at it.

Fyfe, Taberner, Logue and Wilson are all starting 22.

Fyfe and Taberner aren't 100 percent guaranteed returns but seems likely they'd get up. I wonder if Wilson is considered a walk up start?

Who were the bottom 4 this week? Western 4 disposals. Crowden 4 disposals. I'd love to see Western get another go as it wasn't a great day for smalls but likely he goes. Crowden definitely needs to go I just don't see it from him unfortunately. Tucker and Walters didn't really impact the game either but they're not getting dropped.

In: Taberner, Fyfe, Logue, Wilson
Out: Western, Crowden, Walker, Bewley

Who else could possibly get dropped outside of these 4?
Wilson isn’t a guaranteed start. Would be filthy at that 50. He’s not an effective defender. Sure he’s a good kick but lately he just bombs it. Ryan will take his role as rebounder once Logue and Pearce play.

Bewley is staying in. Duman unfortunately will be dropped for defensive structure.

Wilson isn’t a guaranteed start. Would be filthy at that 50. He’s not an effective defender. Sure he’s a good kick but lately he just bombs it. Ryan will take his role as rebounder once Logue and Pearce play.

Bewley is staying in. Duman unfortunately will be dropped for defensive structure.
Duman can get dropped. He is the weakest link. Wilson will look better in a proper backline taking the 3rd forward or taking it in turns to roam off half back with Luke.

Young's kicking is more a theoretical thing for now. A feature of his draft highlights. Something to look forward to. But so far, even when he has played, he hasn't produced. I'm not having a go at him and rate him highly. He has a lot of upside.

Yep spot on. Wouldn’t mind him coming through Peel.

Duman can get dropped. He is the weakest link. Wilson will look better in a proper backline taking the 3rd forward or taking it in turns to roam off half back with Luke.
How is Duman the weakest link? He's played two excellent games in a row because he puts his head over the ball and can actually defend. it's like that quote I just read from wayToGo_ about Simpson and the eagles actually having their forwards practice kicking goals. Sometimes we forget the basics.

It's bloody good when we have selection problems. Everyone's spot up for grabs and List spots up for grabs end of year.
That alone should be enough to beat Collingwood and put pressure for 7th and 8th.

Imo Sydney will be the one that could drop out.

Out : Conca

There was one particular play that sums up Conca. Walker attempts a 1-2 hand pass but instead of Conca hand balling back he goes sideways. Plus he’s in love with the boundary line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out : Conca

There was one particular play that sums up Conca. Walker attempts a 1-2 hand pass but instead of Conca hand balling back he goes sideways. Plus he’s in love with the boundary line.
Think now Darcy has taken over his role, it is going to be hard for Conca to hold his spot.

I'm talking about Sean Darcy and cuddles obviously.

Young has to come straight back in imo. His strengths are massive and we need to pump games into him. Just needs a clean run at it.

I think he needs a couple of wafl weeks to build up to the pace of the game and instil some confidence, much like with Alex. I think we should have this approach to all players returning from long term injury.

If we make more than 3 changes, then maybe the new kids have to make way. But I'd have Crowden, Schultz and Conca on the chopping block before Walker and Western.

If we make more than 3 changes, then maybe the new kids have to make way. But I'd have Crowden, Schultz and Conca on the chopping block before Walker and Western.

Crowden and Conca I can understand, but Schultz has been quite solid and don't see him being displaced any time soon.
For a small forward he's actually not a bad lead up, and he applies the physical pressure.

I can't see Schultz getting dropped, he kicked a goal and usually provides pressure in the forward half, Crowden is first to go ahead of Schultz.

Fyfe, Taberner, Logue and Wilson are all starting 22.

Fyfe and Taberner aren't 100 percent guaranteed returns but seems likely they'd get up. I wonder if Wilson is considered a walk up start?

Who were the bottom 4 this week? Western 4 disposals. Crowden 4 disposals. I'd love to see Western get another go as it wasn't a great day for smalls but likely he goes. Crowden definitely needs to go I just don't see it from him unfortunately. Tucker and Walters didn't really impact the game either but they're not getting dropped.

In: Taberner, Fyfe, Logue, Wilson
Out: Western, Crowden, Walker, Bewley

Who else could possibly get dropped outside of these 4?

Wilson probably had his best game of the year before being suspended. 20+ disposals and 2nd most metres gained for us. We need his run and carry when he is taking the game on

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We get to play a team in unusual circumstances with the previous opposition coach announcing he is resigning, but a team coming off two wins. What more bounce back can Collingwood get, or will that mood just peter out once Harvey takes over.

We get to play a team in unusual circumstances with the previous opposition coach announcing he is resigning, but a team coming off two wins. What more bounce back can Collingwood get, or will that mood just peter out once Harvey takes over.
We could lose either way, but I don't think they can get up as much as they did today.

Western and Walker will surely go out. We need to pick the players to give us the best chance of wining this game. The season is not over. The next three games are very winnable and we can get to 9-7 with four of our last 6 at home.
So Wilson come back in for Walker who continues to build at peel with the confidence boost that he looked at home at AFL level.
Tabs comes back in for Crowden with some positional shuffling.
Fyfe obviously comes in for Western who can also head back to Peel with some good confidence.
And Logue is also an upgrade on conca so he comes in too.

Players like Young can come back via Peel and apply selection pressure from there. I thought Duman was decent and deserves to hold his spot next time at least.

Remember we are playing for the now not the future. Finals are still up for grabs if this team is good enough. Four of the last 6 games at home… and the Saints away will already be on holidays by round 23.
It’s absolutely doable. Even if we came 8th and played an elimination final against west coast at Optus if they finished 5th.
Bring it on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back