Toast Round 15 = Collingwood 82-80 Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the game live on TV the head high contact on Dawson wasnt obvious. I can see why umpires missed it. To me it was too players attacking the ball hard from two different angles with the high contact a glancing blow. I havent seen it from a different angle. Markov could have been given a free 20 seconds earlier. I can understand Crows frustration with it though and also the Rankine goal. I think that is a 50-50 call and had umpire ruled a goal it would have been given. In real play it looked a behind on replay it looked more of a goal but even then was hard to tell.

I think Crows were unlucky and we had the slight rub of the green but it wasnt shockingly bad with obvious decisions missed like the game at Adelaide oval.

People are hanging a lot on McStays return. If we remember correctly he was close to useless in the games he played for us. Just so people know AJ has kicked a goal every game he’s played this season bar one. Personally I don’t know what our best forward set up is it’s a big curiosity. I would like to try Cameron out, Cox 1st ruck and have Checkers, AJ and McStay/Freddy as out talls.
I’m not rating Cameron, I’m so over him, not a ruck not a forward, Cox is both.
I have seen McStay perform in big finals. I know what he can do. I have not seen AJ perform in a final. The fact that McStay has been very average in the few games he played (yet his presence still saw our forward line at its most potent) actually makes me feel optimistic that he is going to click in the weeks leading up to the finals.

Watching the game live on TV the head high contact on Dawson wasnt obvious. I can see why umpires missed it. To me it was too players attacking the ball hard from two different angles with the high contact a glancing blow. I havent seen it from a different angle. Markov could have been given a free 20 seconds earlier. I can understand Crows frustration with it though and also the Rankine goal. I think that is a 50-50 call and had umpire ruled a goal it would have been given. In real play it looked a behind on replay it looked more of a goal but even then was hard to tell.

I think Crows were unlucky and we had the slight rub of the green but it wasnt shockingly bad with obvious decisions missed like the game at Adelaide oval.
There was no apology for Murphy's broken nose, the headlock on AJ or the Degoey penalty for avoiding a concussed player. That high contact was fleeting though definitely a free. Cry me a river. Markov was kicked in the head 20 seconds earlier so the ball should never have been anywhere near Dawson.

As for that Rankine goal-did you see his "celebration"? A brief raising of arms in hope before rushing off to set up for the kick in. That's how certain he was.

If the opposite happened to us plenty on this board would be complaining. They’re behaviour isn’t anything out of the ordinary.

it did happen to us earlier in the year against the crows at Adelaide Oval, and we still won. I think they got 4-5 goals from frees that night and there was that clear high tackle of Johnson in the goalsquare in the dying minutes of the last qtr
short memories

Last edited:
In 2008 the Cats won the flag - we beat them by 86 points during the season.
People have short memories. Most top sides have one or two inexplicable losses in a season. We smashed North in 97 and 98 when they were a perennial prelim finalists and grand finalists in 98 and we were floundering in the lower regions of the ladder.

Kudos to the Crows youngsters and their awesome captain, Tex was great too. Nick's seems a great coach and a good guy as well.

But geez, has there ever been a bigger bunch of sooks after a game?

Apparently Dawson had his head taken off, was the most obvious decision of all time. Yet all commentators missed it too. So they miss a tight one and then send in "please explain" for that decision. How many of those kinds of decisions do umpires get wrong? Are they sending it because of the decision or because the stage of the game? What kind of justification do they get from the AFL admitting a mistake?

Then there was Daicos ridiculously convincing the umpires to make a technically correct decision when we had the ball 40m out anyway. This was shocking, cheating. Um. Mihocek is prob a 60-70% chance to kick it anyway.

And then the goal review. I mean you have to be just completely biased to say that was a goal. And you have to be certain. It was clearly inconclusive. People will have their hunches, but it's not conclusive.

Take a sojourn over to the saltiest, most pathetic board you will ever see and read the Crows fans on the game. I thought there would be a lot of pumped up fans at their young sides effort. Nope, they were robbed. Every post complaining about the umpiring. And here is the final kicker. It's Vic bias and cheating...coming from the team we beat despite the huge umpiring errors (one that would have been a gimme foal in the goal square).

Fair dinkum, you get the sense some would prefer to complain and lose than win. And you wonder why the Crows have been such a loser club for so long. Start with their loser supporters.
This board would be the same or worse.

Don’t kid yourself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, I ultimately disagree. In such a close game, the difference Frampton makes isn’t just in his ability to play key position.

It’s the flow on effect he has in that he frees up other to play on more suited opponents and/or to be more attacking.

Which has the further flow on of helping our ball movement. Which needed work today
There were three big contested marks by Crows that led to goals. Tex took a big grab in the third. Thilthorpe was too big for Murphy in the first Maynard was outbodied by the bigger Tex in the last term.

Kudos to the Crows youngsters and their awesome captain, Tex was great too. Nick's seems a great coach and a good guy as well.

But geez, has there ever been a bigger bunch of sooks after a game?

Apparently Dawson had his head taken off, was the most obvious decision of all time. Yet all commentators missed it too. So they miss a tight one and then send in "please explain" for that decision. How many of those kinds of decisions do umpires get wrong? Are they sending it because of the decision or because the stage of the game? What kind of justification do they get from the AFL admitting a mistake?

Then there was Daicos ridiculously convincing the umpires to make a technically correct decision when we had the ball 40m out anyway. This was shocking, cheating. Um. Mihocek is prob a 60-70% chance to kick it anyway.

And then the goal review. I mean you have to be just completely biased to say that was a goal. And you have to be certain. It was clearly inconclusive. People will have their hunches, but it's not conclusive.

Take a sojourn over to the saltiest, most pathetic board you will ever see and read the Crows fans on the game. I thought there would be a lot of pumped up fans at their young sides effort. Nope, they were robbed. Every post complaining about the umpiring. And here is the final kicker. It's Vic bias and cheating...coming from the team we beat despite the huge umpiring errors (one that would have been a gimme foal in the goal square).

Fair dinkum, you get the sense some would prefer to complain and lose than win. And you wonder why the Crows have been such a loser club for so long. Start with their loser supporters.
The Vic Bias s**t does my head in.

What sort of imbecile really believes that sort of crap? You'd have to be an inbred with a severe chip on your shoulder to believe that sort of stuff.

That said, many dipshits also fell for COVID conspiracies.

Last edited:
There was no apology for Murphy's broken nose, the headlock on AJ or the Degoey penalty for avoiding a concussed player. That high contact was fleeting though definitely a free. Cry me a river. Markov was kicked in the head 20 seconds earlier so the ball should never have been anywhere near Dawson.

As for that Rankine goal-did you see his "celebration"? A brief raising of arms in hope before rushing off to set up for the kick in. That's how certain he was.
We also had no ruckmen.

We are not pure but to compare the rub of the green in yesterday's game to the shocker we endured back in Adelaide is like comparing a fart to a tornado.
You wear your victimhood proudly Domey

Both games are done and dusted and we have the 8 points.

Disagree. It was a glancing scrape that was barely recognised. They weren't completely screwed in the game, they were slightly unlucky.
This board would be going apeshit about it.

Who are you trying to kid?

This board went off tap last time we played them about the umpiring and we won the game.

Watching the game live on TV the head high contact on Dawson wasnt obvious. I can see why umpires missed it.
I can absolutely see that it was;
a) justified, and
b) ******* hard to see.

The still frames I’ve seen of the contact are still blurry, that’s how fast it was. Play it at normal speed, and even knowing what you’re looking for, it’s still hard to see.

As for Rankine’s behind, it was probably touched off the boot, likely arguably kicking in danger in a situation which never gets paid anyway except us, and possibly also off Maynard’s shin too. The only way that gets paid a goal is if the umpire calls goal and the replay is inconclusive. No way the video is definitive enough to turn anything over.

Last edited:
To be pissed off about a clearly incorrect call and umpiring on the day which tilted in our favour has nothing to with with 'controlling the controllables', it's just about wanting acknowledgement that the screw-up was indeed a screw-up. Understand their want to at least have that level of 'gratification'.
It's not distracting anyone from anything, unless the players and coaching staff are dwelling on it, for which there's no evidence, is there?
Don't see why it's our right as a supporter base to tell Adelaide what is / isn't 'valid', just don't understand the need to.
But all good, I rarely post on the club board these days and will in all likelihood be out of step with the majority on this.

Nah, stuff 'em

Remove this Banner Ad

Back