Toast Round 15 = Collingwood 82-80 Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Elliott was blowing hard in the first quarter, so no surprise he faded as the game progressed. Still plenty of time left for that to change though
I said to the old boy late in the first qtr that Elliot looks bolloxed already. He took a while to recover from some pretty standard bumps and tackles. He didn't look ready to return to me. Hopefully he's feeling alright next game.

He's got runs on the board, but he'd wanna start extracting the digit pretty soon. He hasn't played a good game yet this year. He's either missing everything or just not getting involved enough.

Occasionally he does a great chase down and tackle, but so did Callum Brown. Small forwards still need to hit the scoreboard and young Jamie isn't doing much of that. I was having a go at Ollie Henry on the main board a few rounds ago for getting on the end of a lot of cheapies until a Cats supporter reminded me he's kicked more goals than Elliot, AJ and McStay combined this year.

He's been shown a hell of a lot of patience this year, yet just 2 quiet games from Ginnipig and everyone wanted him out of the side.

Even if Bucks was being biased (he wasn't) he at-least provided some balance to the commentary from the flat-out barracking from Lyon and Huddo for the Crows in the 2nd half.
*n drives me insane absolute dickheads accusing Bucks of being biased when all the other cheer leading commentators openly barrack against us. Bucks has his fair crack at Collingwood when needed as highlighted by the Buddy booing episode

I said to the old boy late in the first qtr that Elliot looks bolloxed already. He took a while to recover from some pretty standard bumps and tackles. He didn't look ready to return to me. Hopefully he's feeling alright next game.

He's got runs on the board, but he'd wanna start extracting the digit pretty soon. He hasn't played a good game yet this year. He's either missing everything or just not getting involved enough.

Occasionally he does a great chase down and tackle, but so did Callum Brown. Small forwards still need to hit the scoreboard and young Jamie isn't doing much of that. I was having a go at Ollie Henry on the main board a few rounds ago for getting on the end of a lot of cheapies until a Cats supporter reminded me he's kicked more goals than Elliot, AJ and McStay combined this year.

He's been shown a hell of a lot of patience this year, yet just 2 quiet games from Ginnipig and everyone wanted him out of the side.
Henry hasn’t kicked more goals than Elliot, AJ and McStay combined- I hope you didn’t fall for that BS

Even if Bucks was being biased (he wasn't) he at-least provided some balance to the commentary from the flat-out barracking from Lyon and Huddo for the Crows in the 2nd half.
Lyons exact words were "come on Adelaide" in the dying last minute or two.
Biased commentary is unprofessional and needs to be stamped out.

My favourites are, Leigh Mathews, Richo, Whateley and even Tony Shaw.

Whateley is without peer. When we beat the Cats in round 1 he was smiling in the comm box near the end of the game at some of the stuff we were doing. As a Cats man. Add to this his commentary and its mind numbingly stupid hes not calling on TV for Fox. :think:

The work that Elliot does off the ball needs to be acknowledged.
His ability to block for others or drag the opponents away from where the ball is going is unparalleled.
I see it, Fly sees it, his teammates see it.

Izak Rankine threw the ball that resulted in the Taylor Walker goal. Any word on that one?
crickets GIF
Awkward Cricket GIF

Just watched the replay of the 3rd quarter. It wasnt actually as bad as the scoreline suggests. We missed some very gettable opportunities, they kicked a few long bombs from outside of 50, they changed up their method a bit, and we were just a little bit off their intensity. All those things come together at once so it led to a big run of goals. But really we could have been 4 and 4 for the quarter. We were always going to steady a bit. It didnt seem like they had us on toast as much as commentators are suggesting.

Not bothered at all by whining over umpiring. Nice karma after what went down at their ground.

Whateley not commentating on Fox must be his own decision, surely. Not like they're spoilt for options.

Huddo is usually ok, but every now and then he seems to go that bit harder for Geelong. Definitely noticed that in the game v Melbourne. Was desperate for the Cats to win.

Just watched the replay of the 3rd quarter. It wasnt actually as bad as the scoreline suggests. We missed some very gettable opportunities, they kicked a few long bombs from outside of 50, they changed up their method a bit, and we were just a little bit off their intensity. All those things come together at once so it led to a big run of goals. But really we could have been 4 and 4 for the quarter. We were always going to steady a bit. It didnt seem like they had us on toast as much as commentators are suggesting.

Yep. If the crows Nail one fewer low percentage long bombs, and crisp and Cameron convert absolute sitters, the 7-0 quarter becomes 6-2 and we are still leading at 3/4 time.

Lipinski and Howe still rusty, mccreery on the sub bench….and jdg and Sidey yet to return. No great concerns given we dominated most of the other three quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, his pressure was excellent, I can remember at least three tackles inside 50 and I bet there were more. And he hit the scoreboard with two goals and gave off another. Good return.

Nah, his pressure was excellent, I can remember at least three tackles inside 50 and I bet there were more. And he hit the scoreboard with two goals and gave off another. Good return.
Yep. And he whacked Dawson in the gob.

Could have had a huge day out, but 3 scoring shots from a medium/small forward is good. Especially alongside the marks and pressure he applies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back