3 Grundy
2 Scharenberg
1 Adams

5 Stephenson
4 Thomas
3 Mayne
2 Dunn
1 Adams

Those giving Grundy top votes are paying way too much credence to stats. Thought he was disappointing, but to his credit he was one that tried hard for four quarters.

He won the ruck all game, I'd assume his hitouts to advantage were lower earlier but improved as the game went on. He ran Witts off his feet, and just covers so much ground at speeds most rucks can't keep up with. Wish the 0.2 was 2.0 but that's never a huge strength. Also not amazingly clean with the ball, but not many were out there, especially the big guys.

And I do like stats, 15 contested possessions, 49 hitouts, 7 clearances, 9 tackles is pretty impressive, but has become almost normal for Grundy now :)

He won the ruck all game, I'd assume his hitouts to advantage were lower earlier but improved as the game went on. He ran Witts off his feet, and just covers so much ground at speeds most rucks can't keep up with. Wish the 0.2 was 2.0 but that's never a huge strength. Also not amazingly clean with the ball, but not many were out there, especially the big guys.

And I do like stats, 15 contested possessions, 49 hitouts, 7 clearances, 9 tackles is pretty impressive, but has become almost normal for Grundy now :)
Looking at everyone’s votes maybe I just have an elevated expectation of him.

Call it the Pendlebury syndrome.

5. Grundy
4. Mayne
3. Thomas
2. Adams
1. Pendlebury

Shout out: Scharenberg, Stephenson and a very special roar for bear, Brayden Sier.

Really good debut game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at everyone’s votes maybe I just have an elevated expectation of him.

Call it the Pendlebury syndrome.
That’s a good thing.
He’s getting to a level where higher is expected.
To me he and Mayne and Thomas never relented.

5. Grundy
4. Mayne
3. Thomas
2. Adams
1. Pendlebury

Shout out: Scharenberg, Stephenson and a very special roar for bear, Brayden Sier.

Really good debut game.

No votes for Shaz SV! Your boy was solid as a rock. Can't fault those 5 a lot though

No votes for Shaz SV! Your boy was solid as a rock. Can't fault those 5 a lot though
I wanted Shaz in but couldn’t keep Dunn or Adams out.

Thought our top six (seven including Grundy I suppose) were all very good.

Had Stephenson so high because it was an almost game. The ball seemed to just bounce the wrong way for him so often yet he still snared 3. Could have had 6. He will be a jet provided he has a good run with injury and doesn’t lose that pace.

He was 6th or so.

Still love him!

Maybe Bear was blinding me :)

I just couldn’t go past Grundy, Mayne, Thomas for their all night relentlessness.

Then the next batch Adams and Scott couldn’t be denied.

Pendlebury is criminally underrated in my view, super elite and consistent.

But I’ll always love Shaz!

I wanted Shaz in but couldn’t keep Dunn or Adams out.

Thought our top six (seven including Grundy I suppose) were all very good.

Had Stephenson so high because it was an almost game. The ball seemed to just bounce the wrong way for him so often yet he still snared 3. Could have had 6. He will be a jet provided he has a good run with injury and doesn’t lose that pace.

Haha I completely agree re Stevo. A few games now he's had games like this where he's kicked a couple but could have easily kicked 6 or more. Every week I watch him do what he does and don't yet know what his ceiling is/what kind of player he will ultimately become. Bloody exciting.

Haha I completely agree re Stevo. A few games now he's had games like this where he's kicked a couple but could have easily kicked 6 or more. Every week I watch him do what he does and don't yet know what his ceiling is/what kind of player he will ultimately become. Bloody exciting.
James Hird with Peter Matera's dash. Imagine that and there's your ceiling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back