Round 15 Discussion - Best 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure if it's been posted yet but Josh Kelly has been ruled out of Thursday's game.
Expected off a short break

Single-handedly killed my chances of a top 1k finish

Just need him to play the following round vs the Crows and score 200. I'm going to captain him that round just for the sake of it

How many keepers are people fielding this week?

I got 17, maybe 16 if Ryan decides to stay on the hospital bed.

21 for me but that includes the likes of Schoenberg, Rivers and Mosquito on field and they aren't even guaranteed selections.

Expected off a short break

Single-handedly killed my chances of a top 1k finish

Just need him to play the following round vs the Crows and score 200. I'm going to captain him that round just for the sake of it
Don't blame him. Look at his cumbersome, plodding teammate who couldn't get his knee out of the way fast enough.
Holding him this week but if he misses round 16 then one trade to Steele it is.

A couple of questions and thoughts:

Given the condensed season, I'm figuring their could be more than the usual shenanigans in the last two rounds with players being rested or finishing their season early if a team isn't in the finals hunt. With that in mind, any thoughts about being a little more conservative to have 2 or 3 trades for the last 2 rounds? I'm hoping to keep 2 (at least).

I'm hoping for maximum carnage in selections this week to punish those with lots of bye players and few trades. Other than the obvious suspect (Naitanui), and the possibly injured (Ryan), does anyone want to punt on popular players who might get a rest this week. Especially those that play late in the round. I wonder about Ridley, Cripps, Parker and Viney might be possibilities.

Given the same points are up for grabs each game (3300) and we are seeing a lot of tired players, who benefits? Do fresh rookies get more action? What about someone like Kennedy (Syd) or Dunkley who has had a "rest" in the middle of the year? What about the super fit guys? Macrae for example - could he go even more ballistic? Neale? (although he hasn't had much of a rest during the year). Conversely who is looking tired and might drop off? Simpkin looked terrible yesterday, he worries me a bit as does Cripps.

Be keen on some discussion on these issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey lads, not sure if I’m doing the rest of the season. Got some really bad news today and just don’t know if I can do it. I’m going to try as keeping occupied might help but if I don’t I just wanted to say good luck for the rest of the year and hope you all do well.

Hope you're ok.:thumbsu: It's a tough time at the moment for all. Take care.

Given the condensed season, I'm figuring their could be more than the usual shenanigans in the last two rounds with players being rested or finishing their season early if a team isn't in the finals hunt. With that in mind, any thoughts about being a little more conservative to have 2 or 3 trades for the last 2 rounds? I'm hoping to keep 2 (at least).

Hard to say, you bound to run a lot of injuries at the end of the year regardless, so saving trades in your sc finals was always the case in the run home. I guess clubs operates differently, I guess teams who have a top 4 secure might incline to rest players before the finals campaign. Teams still in the mix might just put their best players instead of resting. Maybe teams down at the bottom want to practice structure going onto next year so they want the senior guys playing or you can have a Fyfe/Dangerfield situation where they are 'rested' in games playing foward.. A lot of what ifs and unknowns.

I'm hoping for maximum carnage in selections this week to punish those with lots of bye players and few trades. Other than the obvious suspect (Naitanui), and the possibly injured (Ryan), does anyone want to punt on popular players who might get a rest this week. Especially those that play late in the round. I wonder about Ridley, Cripps, Parker and Viney might be possibilities.

Kent

Given the same points are up for grabs each game (3300) and we are seeing a lot of tired players, who benefits? Do fresh rookies get more action? What about someone like Kennedy (Syd) or Dunkley who has had a "rest" in the middle of the year? What about the super fit guys? Macrae for example - could he go even more ballistic? Neale? (although he hasn't had much of a rest during the year). Conversely who is looking tired and might drop off? Simpkin looked terrible yesterday, he worries me a bit as does Cripps.

Too much guesswork, unless you are the club fitness you wouldn't know whats up. I know their has been rumour circulating that Patrick Cripps has a groin issue at the moment, but that is hearing whispers. But you should have at least 2 trades going into round 17/18 incase this s**t occurs.

I think they’ll have a bye before finals so I don’t think resting will be a problem. Players are used to short turnarounds now so having 2 weeks off before finals would probably be a bad thing for a lot of players

Hey lads, not sure if I’m doing the rest of the season. Got some really bad news today and just don’t know if I can do it. I’m going to try as keeping occupied might help but if I don’t I just wanted to say good luck for the rest of the year and hope you all do well.
Sorry mate, all the best ....following my team might cheer you up & give you a few laughs ....you're certainly a valued member of this Community

No real rookie carnage (so far) unless you have Reid or Day (the latter will surely be back).

Minchington, Sholl, Shoenberg, O'Neill, Williams, Mozzie & Draper play.

=====

HAWTHORN
In:
B.Stratton, J.Frawley, S.Burgoyne, M.Lewis, J.Impey
Out: M.Hartley (omitted), J.Patton (foot), W.Day (managed), S.Frost (managed), L.Shiels (managed)

ADELAIDE
In:
D.Talia, B.Crouch
Out: J.Butts (injured), B.Crocker (omitted)

==========

WEST COAST
In:
L.Jetta, J.Redden, O.Allen, J.Nelson
Out: J.Brander (omitted), N.Reid (omitted), J.Kennedy (concussion), J.Cripps (rested)

ESSENDON
In:
M.Hurley, S.Draper, D.Heppell
Out: B.Ham (omitted), A.Phillips (omitted), M.Redman (omitted)

PM if you need to bud.

Thoughts with you

Great that BZT, Draper, Mosquito and Shoenberg have all been selected to play. You'd expect Rivers, Riccardi and hopefully Wicks to hold their spots after last week's efforts so if Cotterall comes back in after being managed I could have 20 starters this week .... before trades. That's including eight rookies which isn't ideal, but at least they're warm bodies who could fluke some decent scores between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back