Round 15 Discussion (Dedicated to Better Loosen Up)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Very good points all, cheers. I was keeping it all on the downlow until a month back when I first started posting as I'd assumed I was down and out before some out of box form from a few uniques, if I'd thought I'd still be where I am I would have remained a lurker ;)

The majority of top teams are very similar but the make-up of mine is bizarre in comparison, think I either fall away or storm ahead from here.
Yeah, good observation.

If I was you, depending on trades I'd be looking to get Jelly in - having him as a negative POD could really burn you - GWS has a very easy last 4 rounds.
Most of the top 10 has Jelly.
You want to bring in players that most of the guys below you already have - reduce their PODs

Positive notes
Team 2 traded out Cripps - hopefully he's back this week for you.
Team in 3 has 4 donuts + 9 rookies in his team
Team 4 has 6 donuts
Team 5 has either no forward cover or no defence cover with Gardner / Young / Naish + Cameron.
Teams 6-10 all have Caleb Daniel, but none of your biggest competition in the top 5 do - thats a bit unfortunate.

Definitely do a review after the round, gives us someone to really cheer for. I'd avoid broadcasting what you're planning to do. Good luck.

the_chad

Team Captain
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Yeah, good observation.

If I was you, depending on trades I'd be looking to get Jelly in - having him as a negative POD could really burn you - GWS has a very easy last 4 rounds.
Most of the top 10 has Jelly.
You want to bring in players that most of the guys below you already have - reduce their PODs

Positive notes
Team 2 traded out Cripps - hopefully he's back this week for you.
Team in 3 has 4 donuts + 9 rookies in his team
Team 4 has 6 donuts
Team 5 has either no forward cover or no defence cover with Gardner / Young / Naish + Cameron.
Teams 6-10 all have Caleb Daniel, but none of your biggest competition in the top 5 do - thats a bit unfortunate.

Definitely do a review after the round, gives us someone to really cheer for. I'd avoid broadcasting what you're planning to do. Good luck.
Wow awesome stuff mate, much appreciated, my plan tonight is to throw the top 15 or so into a spreadsheet to see what I'm up against

Hope to bring in Jelly or Crae if/when the opportunity presents

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Very good points all, cheers. I was keeping it all on the downlow until a month back when I first started posting as I'd assumed I was down and out before some out of box form from a few uniques, if I'd thought I'd still be where I am I would have remained a lurker ;)

The majority of top teams are very similar but the make-up of mine is bizarre in comparison, think I either fall away or storm ahead from here.

From my understanding from what you've posted herein and tracking your team on SC, you have 2 trades left and I would guess that your next trade will be ROB > Whitfield (via Bines to R3 & Gardner to F8) in 2 weeks time which will leave you with this - as your "complete" team -

Lloyd, Hurn, Laird, Sicily, Andrews, Whitfield* (Hore, Logue)
Neale, Cripps, Fyfe, Merrett, Cogs, Sloane, M Crouch, Duncan (Clarke, Bewley, Owies)
Grundy, Gawn (Bines)
T Kelly Danger, Dunkley, Boak, Ziebell, Lycett, (Heeney, Gardner)

+ 1 'break glass in case of emergency' trade, yes?

Great effort BTW, cover on every line & strong bench depth. The only real must have that you don't own is Macrae, but you can't have them all I suppose. Maybe a sneaky sideways with your final trade at some point, injury permitting?

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Wow awesome stuff mate, much appreciated, my plan tonight is to throw the top 15 or so into a spreadsheet to see what I'm up against

You definitely need to be all over the make up of the other teams.
Will need to strongly consider this before you make any trades.

Hope to bring in Jelly or if/when the opportunity presents
I reckon your challenge will not come from the current top 15. Lots of teams save their trades really well & with a bit of luck, they come home with a wet sail

May 4, 2015
South-East Melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nuggets, Giants, Arsenal
From my understanding from what you've posted herein and tracking your team on SC, you have 2 trades left and I would guess that your next trade will be ROB > Whitfield (via Bines to R3 & Gardner to F8) in 2 weeks time which will leave you with this - as your "complete" team -

Neale, Cripps, Fyfe, Merrett, Cogs, Sloane, M Crouch, Duncan (Clarke, Bewley, Owies)
Grundy, Gawn (Bines)

Great effort BTW, cover on every line & strong bench depth. The only real must have that you don't own is Macrae, but you can't have them all I suppose. Maybe a sneaky sideways with your final trade at some point, injury permitting?
the_chad Can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he brought in Duncan this week?

Hate to be a Negative Nancy but that was the perfect opportunity to bring in Macrae Bae and reduce the PODs, giving a better opportunity to hold onto his lead.

Macrae vs Duncan over the back end could really hurt.

OR with Geelongs cupcake draw it could win him the 50k with ease!

the_chad

Team Captain
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns

Grundy, Gawn (Bines)

Haha mate all over it, though I have Answerth rather than Hore unfortunately

I reckon your challenge will not come from the current top 15. Lots of teams save their trades really well & with a bit of luck, they come home with a wet sail

Yeah well aware and will update it as I go, for instance before the byes I thought the team "Dreamteam" was looking great but they fell away badly in r.13 and likely now out of range

I've just traded hard and played my team this year rather than match/compare to others around me, had served me well and didn't let me get my hopes up, until now :moustache:

the_chad

Team Captain
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
the_chad Can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he brought in Duncan this week?

Hate to be a Negative Nancy but that was the perfect opportunity to bring in Macrae Bae and reduce the PODs, giving a better opportunity to hold onto his lead.

Macrae vs Duncan over the back end could really hurt.

OR with Geelongs cupcake draw it could win him the 50k with ease!
Haha mate I was like 2k Short of Macrae, he was always my plan but Hore having his mare ruined it for me, was supposed to be the easiest trade ever.

History is not a reliable indicator of future performance

/Industry superfunds
Yes it is 😉

CD2F4736-B3EE-4D7A-95DA-958D1134331E.jpeg

Phoenix_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
One of the biggest issues this week will be Gawn. He plays too later in the round to trade around him, so you either need to set up bench cover behind him (but I think I’d rather play Lycett in front of Gawn this week) or assume he won’t play and trade in Lycett to play in front. Or just cop the zero. Or those with ROB still as R3 are easily set.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal FC

Yep currently 186th and saving my sole trade with my life. Watch your back the_chad

BTW am I the only one jumping on Whitfield before his price drop? Hope he scores another 170 as a mega POD.

I am just creating a spreadsheet as well for those in the 29 spots ahead of me! Haha!

If you have already made it, could I be a pest and save myself hours worth of work and build on what you've done for Top 15?

**bats eyelashes** :moustache:

But in all seriousness, happy to do the work myself. :D

P.S. YOU HAVE GAWN/GRUNDY AND ROB?! You are in the perfect position! Daaaamn!

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

I can just post my team on here to save you looking it up in SC if you'd like

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I am just creating a spreadsheet as well for those in the 29 spots ahead of me! Haha!

If you have already made it, could I be a pest and save myself hours worth of work and build on what you've done for Top 15?

hahaha

the_chad

Team Captain
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns

haha would be great if Gawn misses one, will send through what I've put together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back