Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
On now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, more the Eels, I thought; the Knights weren't great against a pretty poor side. But turning over the Raiders was a bit more of a surprise.

The bloody Raiders are going nowhere again this season. We continue to lose unloseable games - last night was as baffling as anything I've ever seen. We looked the best team in the league for the first half an hour, and then were as bad as we've ever been after that. Incredible.

This season troubles me. I go for the Raiders cos I lived in Canberra for 8 years and didn't have a RL team before then - I've grown to love the team, but I don't have an attachment to Canberra the place.

Despite that I've come to feel similarly about how I do about Tassie in the cricket having grown up there. If we're going to go with a bunch of ring ins, I want us to be successful. If we're going to go with ring ins, possibly at the expense of local young kids and be s**t house, what's the point? I'd rather watch us lose with kids from the ACT and southern NSW than finish 7th or 8th with interlopers.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching Bateman and Whitehead, but on the other hand I think back to Stuart saying years ago that if there's no mechanism for us to keep players that we (and our feeder group) have developed, then we just become a recruiting club... and I wonder if he's not just being a little spiteful about the inability to keep local guys, and has resigned himself to eventually losing guys like Cotric who will ultimately sign with a club that seems to have unlimited salary cap. (*cough*Roosters*cough cough*Broncos*cough*)

9 games for Burgess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back