Autopsy Round 15: Docherty 81 - Dockery 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t see Hughes surviving, he’s a soldier but he’s limited. Liam Henry had a good game though, but he’s got to stop taking on the tackler. He’s too slight
That’s most of the AFL. Foot soldiers. Hughes is required because he’s the 23rd to 25th player. He wasn’t to blame tbh. Midfield generated nothing outside and just gifted centre clearances

Just me, or was Freddy getting ignored when out and free in the first quarter? Happened a few times from what I could see, the one where Tabs goaled was explainable when looked at from a certain angle (as in, Banfield probably wouldn't have seen him) but there were a couple earlier which surprised me.

Missing from R6 vs Fremantle: Adam Cerra Zac Williams Jack Martin Jacob Weitering Marc Pittonet Matthew Owies
Well we know who Adam Cerra is.

Zac Williams is solid. Jack Martin I do rate as a forward flanker and winger.

Weitering is an important key defender in your club.

I won't comment in the last 2 blokes. I don't know enough info about them.

It could always be worse....pretty sure a few weeks ago the Saints were in the top 4. Right now, on the live ladder they're outside the 8. Today was not good, but let's not guillotine our season just yet.... ;)
People are gutted with this loss to Carlton. I am not gutted, just disappointed.

Some people have over reacted on here.

This isn't Freo of 2017 or 2018 where we are rebuilding and chalking up 8 wins and 14 defeats.

Again..... I think Freo so far are doing good.

Well, this has been a nice little weekend for Eagles fans hasn't it?
For our 🦅 Eagles mates. It's a rare good weekend for them.

Eagles won, Freo lost. How often has that happened in 2022?

I don't care about how the Eagles are run to be honest.

Its all about how Freo are going. Freo will be fine

Across the two games this year the score is:

147-143 in our favour.

We are pretty closely matched.
Both teams 10 and 4. Both having terrific seasons. Some of the melts in here are ridiculous. You’ll make top 4/top 6 and have a good crack at finals as a result.

Enjoy the rest of your season, you’ll win a lot more than you lose.

👍

Both teams 10 and 4. Both having terrific seasons. Some of the melts in here are ridiculous. You’ll make top 4/top 6 and have a good crack at finals as a result.

Enjoy the rest of your season, you’ll win a lot more than you lose.

👍
Happy to hear that.

Rarely would I say this. I rather get 5th and a home final win rather than get 4th and possibly go out in straight sets.

Nothing personal against you. Just a minority of Carlton posters being smart mouth arrogant trolls.

Carlton fans really are a special bunch.

The amount of chest pumping after a win for a club that has done sweet f*ck all for nearly 30 years is mind boggling
Would think it would bring some semblance of humility wouldn’t you?
The worst 30 years in the history of the club.
Only a single premiership in that time. Horrific really.

Would think it would bring some semblance of humility wouldn’t you?
The worst 30 years in the history of the club.
Only a single premiership in that time. Horrific really.
Well now did you mention it. You would hate to follow Richmond from 1983-2012. Only preliminary final in 1995 and 2001 to look back on .

Freo from 1995-2021 isn't great. 7 years out of finals from 27 years isn't great: 2003, 2006 , 2010 , 2012-15. Only 2012-5 is the only time Freo made back to back finals series.

I wished Freo made finals in 2005. As we could of added 2005-6 too.

We’re exiting the honeymoon period I reckon.

You’ve done the hard yards and supported an average side for years as they rebuild, then it clicks and they start to play and look like a finals bound side. First, you’re just happy they are playing well and your team of young kids with unlimited potential could be anything, 5 or 6 flags is not asking much of the talent your team has.

Then, after half a season of playing well you start to expect it, then you DEMAND it, how are you going to win 5-6 flags if you lose any games at all? Now the wins aren’t as fun and the losses are the end of the world and the young talent with unlimited potential starts to average out and those incredible games they played that you expected to be the norm are just that, incredible games that happen every so often, not weekly.

Not much has changed since before the game yesterday peeps, team is still good, the team and the midfield is still stacked with elite young talent. To quote Australian greatest ever tv show “You just had a bad one kid”. We’ll be right

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to hear that.

Rarely would I say this. I rather get 5th and a home final win rather than get 4th and possibly go out in straight sets.

Nothing personal against you. Just a minority of Carlton posters being smart mouth arrogant trolls.
What-we get a home final the second week if we lose the first week from the top 4.

They walked it out the middle and had first hands on the ball all day.
Feel like it wasn’t defensive pressure, they just won it more.
Small forwards did nothing until the 3rd.

Midfield will be fine with Fyfe and Mundy.
Felt like Fyfe was forward too much.

Freddie most disappointing for me.
Career best game last time out, then doesn’t fire a shot after suspension.

Carlton had us in a full Nelson and we responded by going into full Jackson Nelson mode.

Then, after half a season of playing well you start to expect it, then you DEMAND it, how are you going to win 5-6 flags if you lose any games at all? Now the wins aren’t as fun and the losses are the end of the world and the young talent with unlimited potential starts to average out and those incredible games they played that you expected to be the norm are just that, incredible games that happen every so often, not weekly.

That was why I ended up taking a break from this board for the whole second half of 2015. Not only were the losses the end of the world, half the wins were treated as the end of the world too.

Like everyone else, I had the feeling we weren't playing well enough to win the premiership that year, but I still wanted to try enjoy a season where we were winning nearly every week and topping the ladder from start to finish. That was impossible to do when you were coming on here.

The negativity didn't help us win anything but it did make the season less enjoyable, which is the opposite of why I use bigfooty.

Midfield structure just seemed off in general, think it's too simple to just say Fyfe and Mundy are too slow and crap defensively (however true). High half forwards normally push into the stoppages nowadays. Switta and Walters are very comfortable in that role, both out and whilst Colyer, Freddie and Shooter have been great this year that's not a strength of theirs.

Ethan Hughes seemed to be at the clearances a lot which was weird as I assumed he would play fat side winger not skinny side, but he seemed lost too, not his fault can't play 1 game on the wing at peel and expect to fill Acres boots.

We just looked completely flat, even Andy didn't seemed to have his usual gut busting efforts. Chalk it down to bye and flu. I love a good melt as much as the next guy and had a pretty good melt after the saints game.

Good news is the system in the d50 held up incredibly well. That will hold us in good stead going forward.

Midfield pace which we’ve been ignoring this rebuild has cut us up again

Pretty much this. Most of the time it's fine but if we're a bit off it's horrific. Natural progression on from Mundy to Erasmus/Johnson will help. Walsh's extra step over our mids was telling I thought.

We rely a lot on small forward pressure and work to generate a free man going forward and stop opposition ball movement. If more than one has an off day we look like absolute potatoes with how easy other teams can move the ball out.

Nice excuse, mine is u played us coming off a bye round when Carlton had the first bye round with an extra 2 weeks of match fitness.

I put the loss on the midfield leaders: Brayshaw, Fyfe and Serong. They did not play with the intensity required.

Our small forwards played extremely poorly. But, it was really the midfield where the game was lost.

We’re exiting the honeymoon period I reckon.

You’ve done the hard yards and supported an average side for years as they rebuild, then it clicks and they start to play and look like a finals bound side. First, you’re just happy they are playing well and your team of young kids with unlimited potential could be anything, 5 or 6 flags is not asking much of the talent your team has.

Not much has changed since before the game yesterday peeps, team is still good, the team and the midfield is still stacked with elite young talent. To quote Australian greatest ever tv show “You just had a bad one kid”. We’ll be right

You're right.

Dees fans have been getting pissy all year because they're undefeated streak wins were all a bit 'uninspiring'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back