Autopsy Round 15: Docherty 81 - Dockery 50

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm always nice :laughv1:

You of all people can take a gentle dig in the ribs. I'm sure your wife loves you very much, and is always grateful to do your ironing on Game Day whilst you scream at the football and listen to underground Hip Hop :joycat::flushed::tongueoutv1::whistle:
My wife doesn't know what an iron is! Lol

Felt like we lost the chance to turn a difficult day into a win in the last 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter when the margin was only 7 points - around the time Fyfe kicked the ball to the umpire. That was a scoring chance. Then they kicked a couple of late ones in the final minutes and we lost the quarter.

Lost all 4 quarters really. The 1st was a scoreboard win, but our defence held up on a heap of their entries.

Felt like we lost the chance to turn a difficult day into a win in the last 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter when the margin was only 7 points - around the time Fyfe kicked the ball to the umpire. That was a scoring chance. Then they kicked a couple of late ones in the final minutes and we lost the quarter.

Lost all 4 quarters really. The 1st was a scoreboard win, but our defence held up on a heap of their entries.
I would love fyfe to that momentum stealing player..
But he always misses 😭

Blues are a much better team than us sadly
Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Don't think so. Splitting the season series is about right.
Didn't expect a win but turns out we are formidable under the roof at Marvel. Home team gets the edge which suggests the teams are fairly evenly matched.

Confused Pulp Fiction GIF

Is this the main board?

Blues just got past their midseason preseason stretch. Not sure you guys are ready for finals.
Ok, so we've beaten Melbourne at the G, Geelong at Geelong, Brisbane and your mob at home. Reckon we're plenty ready for finals. All teams have an off day here and there. Just look at your last 20 years.

Our backline was a bit slow when you've got all of Cox, Ryan, Pearce, Logue and Hughes there. Young isn't quick either.

That said, there's not really a lot we can do about it with the players we have out, chapman, acres and o'driscoll are 3 of our best running players, and we're missing them badly.
Chapman out hurts.

Need a few back to speed us up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My two bob’s worth;

Alot of our players seemed down - hopefully only a post bye / away game combo where they just didn’t get up

Positives
  • Catching Covid and not having to watch that live
  • I thought the backline were superb in preventing us from being slaughtered. It was like the opening scene from Saving Private Ryan at times down there and they held up
  • Henry showed bits and pieces
  • Umpiring was pretty good - a couple of questionable decisions each way but overall was happy with it

Negatives
  • Mundy’s disposal for the last handfull of games has been noticeably poor at times by foot. Usually at clutch times when a scoring chance is available, or the turnover results in an oppo score, makes it more apparent
  • Midfield was too easily beaten, our bigger midfielders were out bodied and too slow. Darcy seemed to hit it down Carlton’s throat too much or they were reading his taps better that our blokes
  • I noticed we didn’t look to switch out of the backline to the fat side anywhere near as much as usual and I think it restricted our ability to attack
  • Probably missed an opportunity to tag Walsh at halftime. The only change-up we made was for Darcy to belt the ball away from the drop zone to give our outside players a chance to collect.

Ahhh fam. Feeling mega flat tonight. Had a bit going on this week with uni exams and some family stuff. Whilst I shouldn’t hang my happiness on freo winning or losing, it would have lifted my spirits a bit.

Onwards and upwards, the boys will hopefully learn from it and come out breathing fire next week.

Probably easier for me not watching the game but feels like a fair bit of over reaction given how good the midfield has been of late. Team had a poor day from the sounds and we are carrying Fyfe while he builds. Bye / flu / whatever, team just needs to turn it around for next week.

Melbourne lost 3 in a row then flogged Brisbane by 70 points, it’s never as bad or good as it seems

Remove this Banner Ad

Back