Autopsy Round 15: Docherty 81 - Dockery 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably easier for me not watching the game but feels like a fair bit of over reaction given how good the midfield has been of late. Team had a poor day from the sounds and we are carrying Fyfe while he builds. Bye / flu / whatever, team just needs to turn it around for next week.

Melbourne lost 3 in a row then flogged Brisbane by 70 points, it’s never as bad or good as it seems
Hey mate - have a great holiday!

Flagmantle or Flumantle ?

CBF writing the article but I like my headline

I better not see this in the West* campaigners

* as if I’d read your s**t paper but someone will let me know

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Carlton fans really are a special bunch.

The amount of chest pumping after a win for a club that has done sweet f*ck all for nearly 30 years is mind boggling
Whilst I agree, some of our posters egging them on are no better, just throwing fuel onto the fire when you interact with a troll

There's always a temptation to look for scapegoats after a game like that, but I think I'll just chalk that one down to an off day. Even in the warm up the body language looked really flat and we were never really in it.

I thought Justin was pretty passive in terms of changing it up too. He left Walsh to carve us up all day, thought maybe Aish could have done a run-with before the damage got terminal.

I felt as if Logue should have gone back into the forward line, Curnow was killing him anyway and we missed his contest up front. Focussing on stopping them scoring was a mistake in my mind, we became way too passive and defensive.

Hughes to the wing didn't work, he is a backman at best, could have switched back and allowed Logue to go forward.

And I'm not sure why Freddy couldn't have had a mystery injury to give Crowden a run - our smalls were just not working.

In the last quarter when the game was still there for the taking we started with Fyfe, Mundy and Serong in the middle. WTAF?

Feel like this is a blip, and we'll bounce back next week. When the team is as disconnected as they were today, pretty much everyone looks poor. I'm expecting we will come out fired up next week, not too many personnel changes but a huge attitude shift from coaches and players.

There's always a temptation to look for scapegoats after a game like that, but I think I'll just chalk that one down to an off day. Even in the warm up the body language looked really flat and we were never really in it.

I thought Justin was pretty passive in terms of changing it up too. He left Walsh to carve us up all day, thought maybe Aish could have done a run-with before the damage got terminal.

I felt as if Logue should have gone back into the forward line, Curnow was killing him anyway and we missed his contest up front. Focussing on stopping them scoring was a mistake in my mind, we became way too passive and defensive.

Hughes to the wing didn't work, he is a backman at best, could have switched back and allowed Logue to go forward.

And I'm not sure why Freddy couldn't have had a mystery injury to give Crowden a run - our smalls were just not working.

In the last quarter when the game was still there for the taking we started with Fyfe, Mundy and Serong in the middle. WTAF?

Feel like this is a blip, and we'll bounce back next week. When the team is as disconnected as they were today, pretty much everyone looks poor. I'm expecting we will come out fired up next week, not too many personnel changes but a huge attitude shift from coaches and players.
Was going to say this.
The three KPDs doesn’t work. Who did Cox play on? If so persistent to put Logue on Curnow, then Cox has to play forward. Too heavy down back.
I’d back Cox to play Curnow next time. Logue is needed up forward and provides so much more. Enables Tabs and Lobb to do their own marking rather then having to track back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was going to say this.
The three KPDs doesn’t work. Who did Cox play on? If so persistent to put Logue on Curnow, then Cox has to play forward. Too heavy down back.
I’d back Cox to play Curnow next time. Logue is needed up forward and provides so much more. Enables Tabs and Lobb to do their own marking rather then having to track back
Don't think 3 talls down back was the problem. We did that last time and dominated. The defense held up pretty well but it was our mids and lack of fwd pressure that hurt us the most. I didn't see much of the game but what i could watch i saw Carlton were just waltzing it out our 50 every single time. Loss of switta and sonny huge in that regard.

Can’t see Hughes surviving, he’s a soldier but he’s limited. Liam Henry had a good game though, but he’s got to stop taking on the tackler. He’s too slight
No way he stays. Chapman should be back next week. If chappy wasn't back then I'm not against Hughes staying back and logue replacing bb up fwd though

No way he stays. Chapman should be back next week. If chappy wasn't back then I'm not against Hughes staying back and logue replacing bb up fwd though
We’re short of wingers. Not against Chapman going there. Hughes is a solid marking backman who has been solid before today. All 22 players actually weren’t close to solid.

Can anyone give me a summary of which players played well, who were average, and who were dog s**t today?

From what I actually managed to see Logue seemed to be doing really well on Curnow. Not sure if I just caught his best moments or if he got beaten as the game went on

I’ll remember this when pitto and weits returns.
This is just another excellent post to add to the mammoth 3000 pieces of absolute horsesh*t you've contributed to this website in over 13 years...

Was going to say this.
McKay, Curnow and Silvagni are up forward. Silvagni chops out in the ruck. The issue is that Cox tries to also get free, Silvagni took like 10 marks or something.
Curnow would have ripped anyone else, he got some opportunistic goals and frees. That happens when the ball lives in your defensive half.

O/S atm so only saw last 10 mins. Probably a good game to miss.

Without seeing the game I won't panic our best stands up it doesn't mean you won't cop a bad loss every now and then.

Ladder is so tight plenty of games left to decide the top 4.

Putting this one down to a loss of momentum coming off the bye against a very good team. We are way better than that, but looked flat all across the board, no point finger pointing or venting, blaming age etc, you’d have to kick half the team out.

No Ryan was telling and agree we need to keep on the Logue up forward train. We look weak without him in there.

I hope Henry gets more than another run, can’t ask for much more than that on his return.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back