Review Round 15 - Essendon vs GWS Giants, Thursday 27th June, Marvel Stadium, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be interesting to see if Haynes makes it for this game, I think we all see how conservative the rehab team has been and with the Thursday game in Melbourne I cant see him on the plane and Stein performed well enough to keep his place although it will be a different experience for him he should have the maturity to deal with it
This will be a good game to bring in Hately to see what he learnt from the first few games he has played and what he needed to work on in the reserves and in terms of mids to replace MDB he should be top unless they have Greene in their and bring in Langdon or Lloyd

Shipley has the body size and could develop into a kind of tagger but still only a second year player, I think the club will look at the group to play more defensively minded to make up for no De Boer and Reid could be another option in game if it is needed
Shipley is good at playing really accountable footy.

Thinking we will start quietly then kick it in to gear in the 2nd half.

Key is not giving the Bombers to much of a head start.

The talent and heart is there. Just have to be on point from the get go.

As an aside the stupidity of not having the Giants play a home game past weekend when there was no League on typifies that the Melbourne hq don't know what to do with North of the Murray.
I know right. Its baffling that AFL want to capture a sydney market and the one week there is no NRL, they also give Giants a bye.

A sat game at GIA would have been amazing!

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys sorry to intrude, but I have a Dream Team question

Now Hately is back, who do you see as the main competition for his spot from the outside looking in?

Cheers heaps

Please feel welcome to hand the mother of all hidings to them on national t.v. and hopefully we can knock over the Pies and get you back into 2nd spot on the ladder.

With absolutely no disrespect to the Bombers intended.
I'd rather we are 150% sure and have no problems with them taking an extra week after they think he is ok.
Kind of feel the same about Haynes. Not that many talls in the Dons forward line. I hope we don’t bring him in too early with our injury record.

Please feel welcome to hand the mother of all hidings to them on national t.v. and hopefully we can knock over the Pies and get you back into 2nd spot on the ladder.

I hope the Giants win but I hope you are wrong, Northman. ;)

Hey guys sorry to intrude, but I have a Dream Team question

Now Hately is back, who do you see as the main competition for his spot from the outside looking in?

Cheers heaps
Lloyd is the obvious one. Although, Langdon and Daniels are probably more at risk there.

Once Whitfield is back, the question does remain whether he'll be pushed out.

Thinking we will start quietly then kick it in to gear in the 2nd half.

Key is not giving the Bombers to much of a head start.

The talent and heart is there. Just have to be on point from the get go.

As an aside the stupidity of not having the Giants play a home game past weekend when there was no League on typifies that the Melbourne hq don't know what to do with North of the Murray.
AND next week, we’ve got another Sunday twilight fixture.
No families with young kids I imagine.
So, another, where is the crowd at this ‘new’ franchise?
They have no idea. Well, take that back, they just care about the tv rights.

I really don’t understand this theme of extra rest for mummy. The whole concept relies on the fact he is 30+ and therefore must be sore so needs extra rest. In every interview he has said his body is in the best nick it has been in for the last 5 years and yet we still bring up resting him with no medical insight or evidence from the club to suggest it is warranted

Personally a large frustration for the last two years was a lack of continuity in the best 22. Now when we have opportunities for this we apparently advocate change just cos?

Play the best 22 whenever possible- let that unit bond

I think Mummy will be good against TBC. Both aren’t that mobile at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back