Review Round 15 - Essendon vs GWS Giants, Thursday 27th June, Marvel Stadium, 7.20pm

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I can see the first quarter being a tough bruising style with the sides trying to gain the acendency on the inside with the contested possessions very important and we will see who stands up and then the final result.
Bombers will be fired up as it sounds like they are starting to play for the coaches future so interesting to see if the mids stand up
The bombers smalls will be important if they are to kick a winning score with Brown, Mckernan and maybe Hooker forward at stages I dont see the talls kicking enough to win the game on Davis, Taylor and Haynes where as the Giants forwards should be a handful if they can get the delivery they need although I still see it as a 50/50 game with the Bombers advantage at Marvel
Hopefully Hatley plays well and no injuries

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Mumford will be important to set the tone in the mids and hopefully he carries on his form from his last game
Hill rewarded for his form with a spot as a emergency and with Stein an emergency it does show some doubt regarding Haynes IMO

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Stein terribly stiff. As others have said maybe a late in.

son said much the same thing. my response was....

"hmmm, let me think.... Stein or Haynes.... Haynes or Stein.... I like Stein but c'mon, it's not really a contest is it?"

to which he thought about it and replied "yeah, fair enough"

Having said that it doesn't feel like the Adelaide game yet, where it felt really poor. More like Essendon took their breaks and we missed ours.

That won't necessarily continue from quarter to quarter but if we keep spotting up Francis and Hurley and so on it'll be a long night.

Umpires obviously under instruction not to give any frees to the guys in orange.
At one point it felt pretty even but the second half of that second had some shocking "disposal" and high tackles called to play on.

KevDawg

EFC & GWS
Jun 6, 2015
Now Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Essendon, GWS & Giants Womens
Sorry folks. For mine, Nichols is working out which team he hates most at the moment.
Leaning towards hating on the orange.

Back