Preview Round 15: Essendon vs Melbourne, Melbourne Cricket Ground, Saturday 26/06/2021 @ 7:25 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had 3 and a half games playing as a solo ruck. Take those out and it's 9 goals in 7 games. He hadn't played in 4 weeks. Phillips has never scored more than 1 goal in a match.

He brought very little intensity though and only had 65% TOG. It could just be a confidence thing but there’s no doubt his attack on the ball and the man is inconsistent at best.

Jackson and Gawn are going to eat him alive if he dishes up last weeks effort again.

Phillips hasn't played as a primary forward either. I'm ok with giving 2MP a run at it now, but he needs to deliver. The main thing is he doesn't really look like he has the desire and mongrel in him. And he is also not very good in the ruck even as just a 2nd ruck.

Agreed he is Joe Daniher bad at winning hit outs.

I reckon we will get pasted this game, but we're gonna smack Geelong by 30.

We haven’t really smashed anyone on the scoreboard, inaccuracy and what seems a team instruction to be happy to kill the clock have caused that. We have generally played some real grinds where we win each quarter by a goal or two and don’t really look like losing, but we don’t bury the oppo either. You’d have to be well off your game to get belted IMO (Or we put in a blinder).

We haven’t really smashed anyone on the scoreboard, inaccuracy and what seems a team instruction to be happy to kill the clock have caused that. We have generally played some real grinds where we win each quarter by a goal or two and don’t really look like losing, but we don’t bury the oppo either. You’d have to be well off your game to get belted IMO (Or we put in a blinder).

I reckon we're on par with the Giants, and are slightly better than Hawkthawne and you pasted both of those.
Quince paste, in true MFC fashion.

Our worst losing margins,
57 and 54 points against the best two sides we have played.
40 points in 10 minutes by the tigers.

I'd like to see some improvement in a consistent application across a full game against a very strong opposition and limit the damage of any loss.
Keep it within 30-35 points if we can but more don't allow runs of 3-4 goals or more across four quarters.

Very keen to see how we measure up, isn't our first choice team but always good to get an audit on your football from a ladder leader.

Latest injury update just dropped. Zaharakis and Waterman are listed as tests and it sounds like Snelling is still a couple weeks away.

If all goes well, we'll have Waterman and Zaharakis available for this Saturday's game. Plus Francis if he comes back from South Australia this week.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Latest injury update just dropped. Zaharakis and Waterman are listed as tests and it sounds like Snelling is still a couple weeks away.

If all goes well, we'll have Waterman and Zaharakis available for this Saturday's game. Plus Francis if he comes back from South Australia this week.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd let Zaka play a couple of weeks in the VFL. Waterman for Cahill and Francis if he's back from SA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've beaten Geelong, Brisbane, Bulldogs, Richmond and Sydney. Lost to no top 8 sides. Certainly deserve to be the premiership favourites.
Agree you can only beat those infront of you, but got tigers, cats were no where near the teams they are now, played Brisbane in Sydney not the Gabba, swans are there abouts, will give you the dogs a good win, but not totally sold on the dees yet. Don’t get me wrong apart from our boys would love to see the dees win the premiership, but not totally sold yet. We will probably loose by 10 gaols in saying all that though.

Waterman and Zaharakis likely available. Waterman in particular would be very helpful against Melbourne.

In: Waterman and Zaharakis
Out: Cahill and Ham

Sub: Ham

AFL injury report. Shiel and Snelling at 1-2 weeks. So potentials for the Geelong game.

McGrath 6-10 weeks (how good would it be if it were 6 weeks??)

View attachment 1161229
Well, at least it has weeks on it.

By my count:

Mozzie and Hurley are season-ending, not "indefinite". They're both on the inactive list for the rest of the year regardless of how they recover from their injuries, and won't be available to play. So I'd call that pretty clearly defined rather than indefinite.

Baldwin is indefinite, so that ones right. ✅ They've never given us a timeline for him but he's officially at 12 months post-injury now (like this week). He'll have to build back into football and as a young tall was probably not gonna debut for a while anyway.

McGrath's PCL was regarded as 8-12 weeks two weeks ago, so 6-10 weeks is right ✅

Caldwell was 8-12 weeks from surgery in round 9 after he reinjured it. It's been five weeks since then, and since we haven't had another update, it should be regarded as 3-7 weeks ETA, not 6-8.

Snelling as of today has a 'few weeks' of ball handling to do. So probably 2-3, more than 1-2, but that's close at least.

Clarke is in full-training and regarded as "short term" as of today. Whatever that means, it's not TBC anymore.

Shiel was 2-3 weeks away last week. So that's not this week but the week after – 1-2 weeks is therefore accurate ✅

Zaharakis and Waterman are test ✅

Francis is supposed to be back this week, according to both the article from Peter Ryan, and Rutten's press conference. It's not set in concrete of course, but that's what the club was expecting.

This is legit the reason why I keep a spreadsheet with injuries and selections plotted into it – so we know who the heck is actually available. Even has roles in it, so you can see which forwards are available, how many talls and smalls we pick each week and who is playing VFL...

The injury news/lists from the club/AFL about our players are nothing if not consistently vague or out of date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back