Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
+ve

• Top 4 baby!
  • Very accurate goalkicking in the first half
  • We were able to take our foot off the gas in preparation for next week.
  • Mayne very good this week.
  • Ballas continues his excellent form
  • Defence stood up without our 2 best
  • Very even team performance
  • I managed to keep my bum dry

-ve

• Brisbane are absolutely terrible.

+
Ballas - At his best again, 11 goals in 2 weeks ain't bad
Our Mids - Fyfe, Mundy, Barlow, Hill - Delicious
Neale - Another solid game (33 touches tonight)
Keeping Brisbane to 0.1 at half time and 17 inside 50's (world record low)
Sandi - Delicious tap work
Colin - Looked good, very hard at the contest
Mayne getting back to his very unselfish too
Back in the top 4
Scored a freo onesie for half price

-
Dawson - potential suspension
Fans not rocking up (25,152 at the game tonight)

I thought Crowley was particularly impressive. Big bodied mid and tonight suited him to a tee. Absolutely blanketed Hanley, whilst racking up 24 himself and I can't remember too many of them missing the target. The midfield as a whole was absolutely dominant. Barlow is just so good in the wet.

Sandilands could miss the rest of the season and he'd still be the AA ruck. Class above everyone else this year.

I thought Sylvia was quite good. His effort was right up. He didn't find much of it in the first half but got thrown into the centre in the last and started to rack them up a bit, ended up with 17 and 5 tackles. Did miss one, but should of had two more free kicks in front of goal that I can think of. I reckon he is building into his role nicely. The main thing I was worried about was the repeat efforts etc., and even though I wasn't at the ground it looked like they were spot on.

Also, Neale coming on the way he has, his work around the contest, has been great. Even if one of Fyfe, Barlow, Mundy have a bad game he just slips under the radar and picks up the slack (obviously tonight wasn't an example of one them struggling...).

Oh, and Ballas is on track for close to a 50 goal season. Can't wait for Walters to come back. Ballas, Walters, Pav, Mayne (coming back into form), Clarke and Sylvia as a forward line. Yes pls.

too many positives to think of...

-Ballas with another 5 goal haul.
-Barlow kicked the 2 1st quarter goals despite the weather.
-Neale with 33 disposals.
-Sandi Dominated the game again.
-Pav had another solid 3 goals.
-Brisbane held to 1 behind.
-Fyfe and Mzungu worked hard as usual

Negatives...
- Im going to sound a bit sadistic on this but I wish freo did better with the defence. I wanted the lions to be held goalless or down to 1.7.13 like us in 2009.
-Zac Clarke had a quiet game tonight, Not that was going to make a difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BananaOnTheRun why are we trying to teach the Brissie board of the merits of our younger brigade... why are we wasting our time?
Because they need to be schooled in the fact that Ross at Freo isn't Ross at the Saints. I think it's a losing battle, though. They are deliberately obtuse on that board. But I love smashing the Lions. We haven't lost to them since 2009 and I don't ever want that s**t to change so maybe we should just stop and leave them to their misery.

Because they need to be schooled in the fact that Ross at Freo isn't Ross at the Saints. I think it's a losing battle, though. They are deliberately obtuse on that board. But I love smashing the Lions. We haven't lost to them since 2009 and I don't ever want that s**t to change so maybe we should just stop and leave them to their misery.

Its kind of crazy though. It reminds me of Freo 2009-2011. For some reason for some teams 'playing the yoof' is the immediate potion for getting better. It just isn't the case. Getting games into youngsters is NOTHING without classy players, good development structures and some good senior players to work with as well. These crap teams get sucked into this strange idea that the key to getting better is just 'developing the yoof,' but to be honest that's only part of the puzzle.

Its kind of crazy though. It reminds me of Freo 2009-2011. For some reason for some teams 'playing the yoof' is the immediate potion for getting better. It just isn't the case. Getting games into youngsters is NOTHING without classy players, good development structures and some good senior players to work with as well. These crap teams get sucked into this strange idea that the key to getting better is just 'developing the yoof,' but to be honest that's only part of the puzzle.
Exactly. Look how s**t Melbourne were after they shunted their seniors and decided to make a couple of tweeners captains. Good sides manage their balance of senior players and youth and it means they're always thereabouts and never really, utterly s**t like the Lions are at the moment. They stuffed it up for themselves after their dynasty and really I have no sympathy for a club run by arseclowns.

Compared to last year at the same stage we are better positioned.

2013 round 14

Ladder Pos 5 P 13 W9 L3 D1 PF1101 PA 884 124.5%

2014 round 14
Ladder Pos 4 P 13 W9 L4 D0 PF1165 PA 868 134.2%

So we have scored 64 more points and conceded 18 points less.

WE are 2 wins and 14% off top spot now compared to 2 1/2 wins and 20.5% (or 3 wins) last year.

So we are better placed this year than last.

+
Lowest ever score conceded in our history
Sensational defence
-
Could have been even better defence
Fairweather fans, rain hail or shine true fans go to the game whatever the weather, I'm sorry, this is not Sydney for *s sake.

Hi guys, one more before I stop pestering. :p

Ross Lyon spoke in his interview about when you guys only scored 1 goal against Adelaide for the whole game in 2009.

Just how much of that team in that game, would be in the best 22 today?

Just sheds some light on our predicament.

Hi guys, one more before I stop pestering. :p

Ross Lyon spoke in his interview about when you guys only scored 1 goal against Adelaide for the whole game in 2009.

Just how much of that team in that game, would be in the best 22 today?

Just sheds some light on our predicament.

There you go
Everything you need to know. There were 7 players that night with less than 20 games.
Seven players in that team also played tonight.

Sandilands is a god. As a rugby fan as well, I wish Australia had 2 of him - one to be the best ruckman in the AFL for Freo and the other to be a dominant second-rower for the Wallabies. Oh well!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back