Review Round 15 - Gold Coast @ Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand that not being a Wil Powell fan on this board is akin to drowning puppies, but...........
Jones thoroughly outplayed him so far.
Powell much better on a larger ground given his skills

2MP is a dumb footballer - let Alir take it out if the ruck for the clearance and then let him take the chest mark unopposed on the goal line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 points down - I would take that at the start of the game probably.
+ves
Wright and Day taken a couple of nice marks up front
Brodie getting involved forward
Lukosius looks fantastic down back
Cory Ellis with a nice left boot down back - allows Weller to move upfield more

-ves
Jack unable to use his skill in any demonstrable format
Our top ball winners are going at 50,69,33,81,71,33,55% disposal efficiency - Sydneys 93,81,73,75,75,71,90%
Touk bringing nothing to the team the last few weeks - albeit has come back from injury - doesn't seem to be playing mid.. he is not a forward.

I feel like the Suns had this gamed and the Aliir wildcard has given the Swans momentary advantage. It can't last though because the Suns are winning the clearances in the middle and around the ground, which should have meant a Suns lead except the umpires have given Sydney some dodgy calls. The game plan needs to change though. Get Wright out of the ruck and put Day on Aliir. Whatever Miller is doing - is he tagging someone - get him more involved. Switch the play around the narrow pockets and hit up forwards on the lead.

righto, ive just tuned in, in Vegas atm, cut my binge drinking session short at half time to watch this in the hotel room.... 17US to watch half of a footy...havent won a bet so far so hopefully this is the first!!! hahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back