Review Round 15 - Gold Coast @ Sydney

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Loved the effort and intensity in the first half - once the kids have got the legs we’ll be tough to beat

eighties

Team Captain
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
we need some quick mids.... We need to burn, not be the burnt.... lack of legspeed kills us every weeke simple as that. Weller needs to play on ball for a start but injuries dont allow it.....

Sunraysia

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast
Scheers career is done
Respect your view Scotty - but I see it a little differently.
He was given a forward tagging role on Jake Lloyd - who averages 31 disposals per game.
Think Lloyd ended with maybe half that. And six of those were kick ins. Brad did his job and kicked a goal as well.
Not his fault he wasn't given a more expansive role....
But if you are right so be it ..

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Powell has to go back to the 2s for the rest of the year. I love him and he will be a gun but he has the strength of a 3 year open. Gets pushed around to easy
Agree but he’s not Robinson Crusoe there. Was looking at the Swans and also Eagles youngsters today and they are so much bigger than our boys. Makes me wonder if they’re on the gear or if we just have no idea about putting size on our players?

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Agree but he’s not Robinson Crusoe there. Was looking at the Swans and also Eagles youngsters today and they are so much bigger than our boys. Makes me wonder if they’re on the gear or if we just have no idea about putting size on our players?
Powell started with us on 68kg. Now 76kg. I predict next year 80kg - well on track. He just looks like he hit the wall at the moment.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He was given a forward tagging role on Jake Lloyd - who averages 31 disposals per game.
Think Lloyd ended with maybe half that. And six of those were kick ins. Brad did his job and kicked a goal as well.
Agree. Scheer did a good job on Lloyd.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
The only reason Martin won't get dropped is for trade value. Which is unfortunate because he absolutely should be dropped.

That's why I said he needs to fake some injury that won't affect his trade value, as every week to puts out this garbage it affects his trade value

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers

Thanks to Scheery I'll be able to pick Lloyd up on the cheap in Super Coach in a couple of weeks

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The first half was pretty good, we missed as usual some opportunities. The second half was most disappointing and probably the worst of the season for me. A lot of players did not play well in second half.

Only 2 positives for me. Lukosius, his vision and kicks are just something else. Hanley was also good in his first game back. Hopefully, he did not get another bad corkie.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Brodie has been about the only player in the last 4 years with an AFL ready body we have drafted. Everyone else has been skinny kids with great upside. Powell has put on a far bit of weight since he started but he needs another 7 or 8kgs before he can hold his own

Seventeener

Debutant
Jun 16, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Scheers career is done
Too harsh. He spent time tagging and bagged a nice goal. With 2 years of Rookie List availability why would you flush him? The game was to fast for him and he copped a lot of physical attention, but what about Wil Powell? The kids got owned and showed that this team needs more experienced players. I could name 5 players who did less than Scheer - Powell, Martin, King (not really his fault after copping a fair whack in the head), Miller (what the hell?) and Sexton.

Aug 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Too harsh. He spent time tagging and bagged a nice goal. With 2 years of Rookie List availability why would you flush him? The game was to fast for him and he copped a lot of physical attention, but what about Wil Powell? The kids got owned and showed that this team needs more experienced players. I could name 5 players who did less than Scheer - Powell, Martin, King (not really his fault after copping a fair whack in the head), Miller (what the hell?) and Sexton.
He won’t be playing in the seniors again, I feel for him. Inside mid playing ff

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Kids need games to be in that premiership window in 2023 - the swans players that lifted were mostly matched up on our youngest (luko on heeney, Powell on Jones)

Short term pain for long term gain - stuff the naysayers, this is part of the plan and we’re on the right track.

Seventeener

Debutant
Jun 16, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He won’t be playing in the seniors again, I feel for him. Inside mid playing ff
We'll see. Dew rewards role players. However, Murdoch, Corbett, Burgess, Nutting and Heron all put in good cases for senior selection and there will be even more players returning from injury, so there may well be some attrition at the selection table. I'd hope that Dew wields the axe more often with more players available because then he can look them in the eye if they get delisted.

Seventeener

Debutant
Jun 16, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
During the commentary they said that the Swans had only used 32 players this season, which is remarkable considering their depth and poor early season. I'm pretty sure the Suns have used 34, which would be below the league average. Time to see what we've got and work out who is willing to fight to keep their place.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm no fan of Murdoch but I'd much prefer him going up and down the wing over Powell at the moment
I'm totally open-minded about role-playing;) but someone wuld have to show me the role Wilplays and the metrics of how his performance is rated if he's in the first 5 picked as eppo67 has suggested

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
SYDNEY 3.3 6.3 10.6 14.9 (93)
GOLD COAST 2.3 5.5 6.7 7.9 (51)

GOALS
Sydney: Reid 2, Blakey 2, Ronke 2, Papley 2, Heeney 2, Jones, Aliir, Kennedy, Hayward
Gold Coast: MacPherson 2, Wright, Sexton, Scheer, Day, Miles

BEST
Sydney: Dawson, Parker, Rampe, Hewett, Kennedy, Heeney
Gold Coast: Harbrow, Swallow, Miles, Hanley, MacPherson, Scheer

INJURIES
Sydney: Callum Sinclair (shoulder)
Gold Coast: O'Riordan (head)

Reports: Nil

Umpires: Meredith, Findley, Dore

Official crowd: 26,194 at the SCG

Great player
Hope he gets up for next week