Review Round 15 - GWS Giants vs St. Kilda, Sunday July 12th, 1.10pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
Hopefully we can get back into the winners circle this week and even thru the Saints are looking in good form would like to think our best still has them covered.

As far as changes go hopefully Haynes can make it back, if not could see Plowman or Tomlinson coming in for Marchbank. Also with us needing to go with two rucks can't justify keeping Stewart in the team so could see either Kelly or Coniglio replacing him.

We are going to be "that" family this week. My brother and his wife are sainters and we have used our free ticket allocation on them and a couple of others in the members stand, the four of us will also be at least a tiny bit st kilda. The only game of the year I don't look forward to.

Give Barrett a game, has played defensive mid roles which is something lacking. Wouldn't be against playing Treloar as a fwd flank, something needs to change up there, getting enough entries but lack of conversion.

Give Barrett a game, has played defensive mid roles which is something lacking. Wouldn't be against playing Treloar as a fwd flank, something needs to change up there, getting enough entries but lack of conversion.

I am liking any post that says play Barrett, I don't get why we haven't.
He is a dominant inside mid at NEAFL level who needs to be given his AFL chance esp with Cogs out.

It looked like Tomlinson spent a fair bit of time down back in the neafl... I wonder if he's ready to come back in the ones.

It sounded like Haynes would need a couple of weeks... We shouldn't be messing around with injuries like groins... Just give him the rest he needs.

Question: are plowman and Buntine ultimately competing for the same spot?

Shame Patfull is still broken, Riewoldt is probably breathing a sigh of relief as we speak.

That being said I hope they don't rush my the poor boy back and get him hurt again. Probably see him back after the cold toast scums game.

With the home ground advantage I can see Giants starting significant favourites even considering the Saints performance yesterday
Saints will find the going a lot tougher than the bombers who must had an absolute shocker coming off a reasonable performance v hawks the week before.
Depending on injuries a Change of forward structure could happen after a quiet game by McCarthy (Lamb would be my pick after the weekend and he is dominating in the reserves) and if the coaches think a change in the midfield is required I would like to see Coniglio slot back in
others in line
Barrett, weight of numbers in reserves
Ahern, perfect for the sub role (Travelling emergency on the weekend?)
not
Kelly, yoyo season hasn't had consistency sub then reserves then full game and dropped
Wilson, as above
WHE, as above with injuries
Pickett, not impacting like the others (in competition with Lamb for a spot)
Bugg, needs a freshen up with a different role for a run of games to the end of season
Tomlinson, 3-4 games in reserves needed and then a run of games to the end of the season
any others who could be in consideration at this stage of the year?
With my history coaches make 5 changes and none of them i mention players:cry:

Saints mature players:
Riewoldt, Montagna, fisher, Dempster, Ray, Gilbert, Schneider, Geary, Armitage and Steven are all playing well for them.

Ours:
Griffen, ward, Shaw, Scully and Palmer have been solid. Just less experience in total.

Tough one to win.

We should be winning this. People are reading a lot into last weeks win but anyone could have beaten the Dons they were hopeless.

I'd say limited changes, maybe cogs for Stewart and possibly plowman might be an option to add some height to that backline

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should be winning this. People are reading a lot into last weeks win but anyone could have beaten the Dons they were hopeless.

I'd say limited changes, maybe cogs for Stewart and possibly plowman might be an option to add some height to that backline

I agree

Stewart either needs to be in or out, can't be sub as he offers no impact.

I still like the idea of WHE as sub even though he's been average this year. Just gives some spark

I agree

Stewart either needs to be in or out, can't be sub as he offers no impact.

I still like the idea of WHE as sub even though he's been average this year. Just gives some spark
Yeah I just hope Steele did enough to avoid the vest. Maybe curtly w the vest. He is quite versatile and is the kind of X factor type that could have an impact. Pretty average game on the weekend too adds to the argument
(Just wish the vest wasn't a factor already!!! Get rid of it!)

(Just

FB: Matt Buntine, Aidan Corr, Curtly Hampton
HB: Tom Scully, Nick Haynes, Heath Shaw
C: Zac Williams, Stephen Coniglio, Lachie Whitfield
HF: Ryan Griffen, Jeremy Cameron, Toby Greene
FF: Devon Smith, Cam McCarthy, Adam Treloar
RR: Tom Downie, Callan Ward, Dylan Shiel

Interchange (from): Josh Kelly, Jed Lamb, Jack Steele, Rory Lobb, Adam Tomlinson, Adam Kennedy, Rhys Palmer

In: Stephen Coniglio, Nick Haynes, Adam Tomlinson, Josh Kelly, Jed Lamb
Out: James Stewart, Caleb Marchbank (omitted)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back