Preview Round 15 - Swans v Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

C'mon young BfB. I love nicknames and enjoy other folk coming up with their own. It is one of the few decent Oz traditions I like. Fondness is expressed through the nickname.

FWIW, I liked your crack at it. Lighten up comrade BfB. Enjoy the whimsy. We don't all have to be a flinty Bedford.
I've gotten zero traction on here for Snightingale.

(Florent.)

It is certainly a quicker team, albeit with decreased scoring power.

I think the game is an interesting test. There is no way we blow the GoCo away. Think we should win but it will be tight. Stewie will be be enjoying preparations for the game. A loss for us would be devestating, as any loss is, but it may affect what we offer the current Coach.
He is contracted for next year. I'd take their 1st round draft pick for him without hesitation though. Maybe we can give them back a late 2nd.
If they don't offer us that, then both he and North should be told very clearly they are completely wasting their time.
It's time for a refreshing change anyway. Lets see how Shaw goes at North and a couple of other candidates around.

I don't see this game having a huge bearing on any negotiations though.

We'll definitely want goals out of Reid and Hayward to win this.
Will be looking to see Ronke mow down Touk at some stage to emphatically show them they aren't going to win it.

Last edited:

Swans by 50
Putting down a statement without Buddy
and putting everyone on notice that its not over yet.

Papley to carry the load

Injuries are tough to come back from - i remember after qualifying for the Euros in 2016
i went back to Stoke at the time - myself and Ryan Shawcross went to Cheltenham with Michael Owen.
had 6 Bottles of Prosecco and half a pint of Coors Light. Stumbled home at 8am and was on the coach at 9am on the way to the Brittania for a Game.
Scored Early but Limped off with 20 to go

The Doctors told me i wouldnt make the Euro Squad and that i needed to give up the Drink.

I proved both of those Statements wrong within 8 Weeks
Started our First Game against Sweeden in the Euros - and when Wesley banged in that Goal
I Didnt celebrate with the team - i ran directly to our Fans Grabbed 3 Plastic Glasses of Lager and Downed them
Injuries were never going to keep me down

Swans by 50

Papley to carry the load

Injuries are tough to come back from - i remember after qualifying for the Euros in 2016
i went back to Stoke at the time - myself and Ryan Shawcross went to Cheltenham with Michael Owen.
had 6 Bottles of Prosecco and half a pint of Coors Light. Stumbled home at 8am and was on the coach at 9am on the way to the Brittania for a Game.

The Doctors told me i wouldnt make the Euro Squad and that i needed to give up the Drink.

Started our First Game against Sweeden in the Euros - and when Wesley banged in that Goal
I Didnt celebrate with the team - i ran directly to our Fans Grabbed 3 Plastic Glasses of Lager and Downed them

Swans media should hire you. Your puff pieces would be so much better than the standard fare.

Ridiculous urban legend.
He was right not to leave the ground in that instance, he was where the play was. A runner would only have gone out there and said ‘get off as soon as you can’!
heath_ledger_joker.jpeg

He gets it!

Last edited:
Swans by 50

Papley to carry the load

I do hope this material is exclusively ours.

Swans by 50

Papley to carry the load

I love Planet Walters

Swans by 50

Papley to carry the load

You're a national treasure, Jon.

Hope Ronke treats this one like it’s his debut. I feel like he has spent a lot of his recent games trying desperately to do the spectacular and replicate his 7-goal feat, instead of focusing on the small things he was very good at that helped him actually kick those 7 goals. A Ronke that’s firing on all cyllinders again would be massive for the second half of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope Ronke treats this one like it’s his debut. I feel like he has spent a lot of his recent games trying desperately to do the spectacular and replicate his 7-goal feat, instead of focusing on the small things he was very good at that helped him actually kick those 7 goals. A Ronke that’s firing on all cyllinders again would be massive for the second half of the season.
Very interested to see how he goes. If he could work back towards his full potential he could form a lethal small forward combination with Papley.

Dawson signed for two more years. :fire:
He'll have a big one.

Hope so. His consistency and versatility is integral to the team's recent better performances.

I am really happy he has signed up. Good on the Club for doing this and keeping other Clubs at bay

Seriously.......must we persist with these nicknames that sound like they've been created in some knitting circle?

If we must use elongated plays on his surname can I suggest "Paddleyerass" or something a little more "footy"?

Perhaps "Paddle" for short?
"Rowbum" has a nice Aussie ring to it imo.

Swans by 50

Papley to carry the load

Contender for POTY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back