Preview Round 15: The Sydney Swans vs. The Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez you're quick. Guess depends on how Marty pulls up. Malceski named BOG for the ressies so a straight swap if Mattner is out. TDL also worth some consideration, he's in good form but hard to change a winning team

Pyke impressive!

No change unless injury. Want to start settling the team now.

Yeah, no change. Team is rolling along, no shake up needed.

Brown hasn't been great yet and Merrett is still 1 up 1 down. Plus we have enough talls down back to cover the height down there so I'd expect a similiar night to tonight in the sense that we run away in the 2nd half.

I know nobody will agree, but I'd drop Everitt if there is someone able to replace him. I just see him as a liability. Match winning goal or no match winning goal.

I know nobody will agree, but I'd drop Everitt if there is someone able to replace him. I just see him as a liability. Match winning goal or no match winning goal.

Everitt is the best user of the ball in the team, bar none. Better than Jetta, better than Armstrong, better than Jack, better than McVeigh, better than all. He has been a liability in the past with his defensive pressure/lack of confidence, but over the last few games has been anything but. He wasn't super busy tonight, but everything he did was class. His ability to spot up targets inside 50 with perfect kicks under pressure is invaluable. Our forwardline looks so much more potent with Everitt delivering the ball to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everitt is the best user of the ball in the team, bar none. Better than Jetta, better than Armstrong, better than Jack, better than McVeigh, better than all. He has been a liability in the past with his defensive pressure/lack of confidence, but over the last few games has been anything but. He wasn't super busy tonight, but everything he did was class. His ability to spot up targets inside 50 with perfect kicks under pressure is invaluable. Our forwardline looks so much more potent with Everitt delivering the ball to them.

I'm not sold yet. Though I wasn't sold on Jetta last year so who knows?

I'm not sold yet. Though I wasn't sold on Jetta last year so who knows?

I'm not "sold" yet either. Everitt's career is still very much in the air. But at the moment he's slowly building his performances and is on the right track. He has much less of a "dear caught in the headlights" vibe about him now. Still should be played higher up the ground that he currently is, but that's not really his fault.

I think if Marty pulls up lame, then LRT goes back and TDL comes in. Lrt is a better defender than Eski and we have Shaw and Armstrong to run the ball out along with our strong mids like ROK who popped up in the backline often tonight

Warming to him. He's still player #22/23/24 picked each week, but at least he puts in now when he plays.

I've always thought Dre would be best used between the arcs, however, given that his fitness level would be ressies speed, he would need a few consecutive games to get up to senior level and have the run to play a wing role. I figure the coaches want to get him and Armstrong up to speed for team balance in case of injury or whatever. He is not a forward, even if he did kick a great goal against Geelong

I think if Marty pulls up lame, then LRT goes back and TDL comes in. Lrt is a better defender than Eski and we have Shaw and Armstrong to run the ball out along with our strong mids like ROK who popped up in the backline often tonight

While I haven't been a fan of our tall fwd line it's possible that it could be used to exploit the lack of height in Brisbane's backline.
In tomorrow's team they only have 1 defender (McKeever) over 190cm.
So if we do play tall it may mean that Voss will choose to play Merrett back (and we try to put LRT on him in the same way we used him v Fletcher/Scarlett).
Brisbane actually don't have much height up forward either (outside Brown & Merrett (if he goes fwd) so I'm not sure there is a natural match up for LRT.

Mattner sub was only a precaution anyway. We will be fine, can't see it being longer than a week. However if it's listed on the injury list using Swans logic RIP Mattner.

This.

I also don't think our best 22 has both Pyke and LRT in it, especially when Parker is fit to play.

This.

I also don't think our best 22 has both Pyke and LRT in it, especially when Parker is fit to play.

I think where needing pyke more and more, the Geelong game was telling he was able to draw men while resting up forward opening up space for others to run into.

LRT always gets the unsung awards the pressure he puts on even as a soft tag often means opposition players vanish for almost the entire match not to mention his work rate is phenomenal

But Parker is amazing, still I'd drop Everitt before dropping LRT or Pyke Everitt's role in the side is still undefined sure throw him in as a sub if we want.

In any case we're along way off the return of Parker.

Can't argue with any of what you say. He's doing a lot of valuable things right now and deserves his spot in the side after 3 solid-good performances in a row.

Am i the only one who wants to move Everitt to the wing? I don't think he is a particularly good key position player but i do think he has the potential to be a very good wingman as he is 193cm and has very good endurance for a man his size.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back