Trades Round 15 Trades (The last bye round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry didn't want to open a new thread to ask one question but......

Do emergencies off the bench work in the bye rounds. I have A Tipwungwati from Essendon playing tonight and 7 players in my defence. Was thinking about putting him on the bench and if he scores well replace another player with Shaw who won't play.

If emergencies scores count this is not a bad option but I don't know if they do work. Can someone let me know before the game starts. Thx.

As far as I'm aware, yes, this would work. But the same Emg rules apply as in other rounds - the Emg only counts if you have someone in the corresponding position not playing, and if you have two emgs for the same position, the lower scoring one gets counted first.

Also note that only 18 scores count anyway so this probably won't matter much unless Tipwungwati does really well and you have another DEF who you think will score really poorly.

Clay Smith has been named, everyone's thoughts? I want to bring Zerrett in tonight and am going on Holiday first thing tomorrow so I want my trades to be set tonight, really thinking of putting him straight in mature player who's been killing it in the VFL. Really think I'll bring him straight in.

Clay Smith has been named, everyone's thoughts? I want to bring Zerrett in tonight and am going on Holiday first thing tomorrow so I want my trades to be set tonight, really thinking of putting him straight in mature player who's been killing it in the VFL. Really think I'll bring him straight in.

Don't mind it. Will see how he goes this week first.

I have to get rid of Wagner in defence first. So I'll grab Broad this week.

As far as I'm aware, yes, this would work. But the same Emg rules apply as in other rounds - the Emg only counts if you have someone in the corresponding position not playing, and if you have two emgs for the same position, the lower scoring one gets counted first.

Also note that only 18 scores count anyway so this probably won't matter much unless Tipwungwati does really well and you have another DEF who you think will score really poorly.

Thx for feedback. I do only have 18 on the field but have an emergency in both forward and defense. So I have seven playing in both these areas. Five playing in the mid and one ruck. I will need all the help I can get this week. Looking very weak.

Happy with teams this week. I got rid of Wagner last week and had already decided to get rid of Dunkley this week so for once I don't have to alter my plans after seeing the teams

Well um.... bugger...

Forced to do something like (really wanted to hold Barlow...):

Barlow -> playing rookie
Zac Smith -> Max Gawn

Last edited:
18 after trades.

I'm just ecstatic that there were no surprises at the selection table. Not much room for error this round with so many premiums out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peoples thoughts on McVeigh or Suckers? Feedback would be great :)

As a swans supporter, Suckers hands down. Take out his injury effected game, he has done awesome this season (bar the 50). McVeigh not playing a DT friendly role week in week out.

Peoples thoughts on McVeigh or Suckers? Feedback would be great :)
I prefer Mcveigh but more for a league scenario for me

Gee Byes have been easier than i though i was expecting to feild only 16 this weekand then no surprise outs + Lee and Frost somehow get named

Means i trade Collins early though with an upgrade

Whos the best downgrade target? taking into account money

J.Joyce vs Silvagni vs C.Smith

Joyce Good Job security with Saad, Lemmens and Mckenzie all injured. Lacks a bit of scoring power but could get solid 40-50s also has DPP with DEF/Mid (Would be my mid 10).

Silvagni Whats he avg in VFL? Boekhurst, Tutt, Murphy ect about to come back i think he might get ushed out fairly quickly or do the blues blood him for the rest of the year

C.Smith Probably can sit on him for a week. Would have a breakeven of about 35 i would think but has much greater scoring power especially for the doggies and has DPP. Im just working out whether i will be getting him next week or not aswell. JS also questionable to a degree

I prefer Mcveigh but more for a league scenario for me

Gee Byes have been easier than i though i was expecting to feild only 16 this weekand then no surprise outs + Lee and Frost somehow get named

Means i trade Collins early though with an upgrade

Whos the best downgrade target? taking into account money

J.Joyce vs Silvagni vs C.Smith

Joyce Good Job security with Saad, Lemmens and Mckenzie all injured. Lacks a bit of scoring power but could get solid 40-50s also has DPP with DEF/Mid (Would be my mid 10).

Silvagni Whats he avg in VFL? Boekhurst, Tutt, Murphy ect about to come back i think he might get ushed out fairly quickly or do the blues blood him for the rest of the year

C.Smith Probably can sit on him for a week. Would have a breakeven of about 35 i would think but has much greater scoring power especially for the doggies and has DPP. Im just working out whether i will be getting him next week or not aswell. JS also questionable to a degree
Murphy out for another few weeks at least. Tutt bonafide awful player who I hope never gets a game again, Boekhurst still two weeks away with a wrist and really plays a different position to Jack.

I'd say if Jack kicks 2+ goals he'll be in the side for the foreseable future.

Think ive decided on

Blakely > J.Joyce
S.Collins > Mcveigh

Then next week pending coin ect. R.Davis will be gone and either Dusty Martin or Montagna will come in, maybe even risk Toby Greene. Pending on Money will either go Ruggles to C.Smith, Currie to 125k ruck or a Hams/Jansen to C.Smith. I would then have no rookies on the field for round 16 and still have Frost, Phillips, Jansen, Ruggles, Hams on the bench ect as guys with some monetary worth.

Murphy out for another few weeks at least. Tutt bonafide awful player who I hope never gets a game again, Boekhurst still two weeks away with a wrist and really plays a different position to Jack.

I'd say if Jack kicks 2+ goals he'll be in the side for the foreseable future.

Acc to injury report. Armfield 2 weeks away, Boekhurst 1 week away, M.Murphy 3 weeks (return Round 18) and Tutt still an emergency has done ok with Carlton doing well. He just has a few players to keep out. I think he will go well this week but unsure after he plays Adelaide and the Eagles the weeks after.

Hey guys, would love your thoughts on which two duo's you would pick this week:

Phillips/Gresham or
Rosa/Clay Smith

I know Clay Smith hasn't played in over a year but getting him in allows me to upgrade phillips to rosa, who has the ability to score big.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back